Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Immediate Release
Open Canada Cup adds 24 BC teams

TORONTO – Wednesday, May 2 - The CSL’s Open Canada Cup has just taken a huge leap forward in its quest to go Canada-wide.

Pro and amateur teams from Ontario and Quebec bidding for the increasingly popular trophy, will this year face a strong bid from British Columbia when 24 senior amateur teams in that province enter a Western Canada qualifying series of games in Vancouver to decide which team will travel to London, Ontario for the Open Canada Cup final weekend.

London City was recently awarded the hosting rights to the semi-final and final when they outbid all other CSL teams. The semi-finals and will be played at the Cove Road ground the first September weekend, with the Open Canada Cup final on Labour Day Monday, September 3.

The Open Canada Cup was launched by the CSL in 2002 as a first step to produce a Canadian club champion to advance into the CONCACAF (North and Central America and the Caribbean) region of 40 countries. Only two CONCACAF countries (Canada and Puerto Rico) are without a domestic club championship and it’s been 30 years since a Canadian team ventured into the CONCACAF Champions’ Cup when Toronto Italia made an unsuccessful one-year bid in 1976.

“This is a major step forward for the Open Canada Cup concept and for Canadian soccer” said league commissioner Cary Kaplan following a meeting yesterday when the league’s board of directors unanimously approved Kaplan’s recommendation to bring British Columbia into the fray. Kaplan had just completed negotiations with Richard Gablehouse the founder and driving force behind the successful Athletic Club of BC (ACBC) Challenge Cup with 24-teams scheduled for the 2007 B.C. playdowns.

“Richard and his group, and the CSL, have similar beliefs and ambitions for Canadian club soccer, that all senior teams in Canada deserve an opportunity to compete for a domestic club title, the winner to be tested internationally,” said Kaplan following the meetings.
While there are continuing discussions with the CSA on how the format will eventually unfold, the CSL is committed to moving the competition forward and this agreement will rebrand the competition in British Columbia and bring together teams from Canada’s three largest provinces in one Open Canada Cup competition.”

The CSL’s Ontario and Quebec playdowns will take place June through August and B.C.’s qualifiers will also be completed in August for the four surviving teams to meet in London on Labour Day weekend, September 1-3.

Please refer: Stan Adamson
Canadian Soccer League Inc.,
The Soccer Centre, 7601 Martin Grove Road, Vaughan, Ontario L4L 9E4
Tel: 905 856-5439 Fax: 905 856-9325 e-mail: csl@canadiansoccerleague.ca Canadian Soccer League

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok so here is how it works.
Winner of the OCCWQ will recieve $8,000.00 and an all exspences paid trip to London Ontario (20 players/coaches,air,hotel,perdiums) to compete directly into the Semi finals of the Open Canada Cup played on Laybour Day Weekend Friday/Saturday night. If you win you will stay till Sunday/Monday and play in the final of the OCC.
If you win you will receive another prize of $10,000.00 and the sought after OCC Trophie.
Good Luck to all.
So hurry in your registration in as we work on a first come first serve basis on signing up teams.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Immediate Release
Open Canada Cup draw for Ontario and Quebec teams announced
TORONTO – Wednesday, June 20 -The Second Round Open Canada Cup draw for teams in Ontario and Quebec was drawn at The Soccer Centre in Vaughan on Tuesday for games to be played over the Canada Day holiday weekend, June 29 to July 2. All venues will be announced shortly.
Preliminary Round games still to be played are:
Jean Talon 2007 (Montreal) vs. Capital City Ambassadors (Ottawa)
G.S. United (Toronto) vs. AEK London (London)
Second Round:
Trois-Rivieres Attak vs. Jean Talon 2007 or Capital City Ambassadors
St. Catharines Wolves vs. Windsor Border Stars
Serbian White Eagles vs. North York Astros
Italia Shooters vs. GS United or London AEK
Portuguese Supra vs. Canadian Lions
Bye to Third Round: London City
The five surviving teams from the Second Round will be joined by London City to produce three games in the Third Round and the three winning teams from these games will be joined by the British Columbia winner in the semifinals. In British Columbia, 24 teams will soon have their playdowns in the Athletic Club of BC Challenge Cup – it is this winner that enters the Open Canada Cup semifinals. The four semifinal teams will meet at Cove Road in London, Ontario for the final weekend and the Open Canada Cup Final on Monday, September 3.
Canadian Soccer League
The Soccer Centre, 7601 Martin Grove Road, Vaughan, Ontario L4L 9E4
Tel: 905 856-5439 Fax: 905 856-9325 e-mail: csl@canadiansoccerleague.ca Canadian Soccer League

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The following Open Canada Cup games are scheduled for the Canada Day holiday weekend:

Open Canada Cup – Second Round

Friday, June 29 8:15 pm Club Roma, St. Catharines

St. Catharines Wolves vs Windsor Border Stars

Open Canada Cup – Preliminary Round

Sunday, July 1 10 am Jean Mance Park, Montreal

Jean-Talon 2007 (Montreal) vs Capital City Ambassadors (Ottawa)

Open Canada Cup – Preliminary Round

Monday, July 2 2 pm Victoria Park, Brampton

GS United (Toronto) vs AEK London (London)

The following games will be scheduled during July:

Open Canada Cup – Second Round

Italia Shooters vs. GS United or London AEK

Portuguese Supra vs. Canadian Lions

Serbian White Eagles vs. North York Astros

Trois-Rivieres Attak vs. Jean Talon 2007 or Capital City Ambassadors

London City have gained a bye to Round Three

Stan Adamson

Executive Director

Canadian Soccer League

The Soccer Centre

7601 Martin Grove Road,

Vaughan, Ontario

L4L 9E4

Tel: 905 856-5439 Fax: 905 856-9325

Email: stanadamson@canadiansoccerleague.ca

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it both VMSL premier Inter and Clan-Bus are entered into this tourney, also rumored is nothing more than a plane ticket to ass hole nowhere to play another game is "really" on the line. Does the winner really get this 10K?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Winner here gets 8k,2nd 2k and 3rd 1k. winner also gets airfare for team, ground transfer and hotels for team to and in London Ontario.
If our team in question wins there,,they get another 10k.
Inter is in.
Clan says they are sending registration this week.

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard last year's winner wasn't paid out....and had to jump thru hoops for a few months to finally get a cheque....any truth?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya thats bullshi* ,I paid them 10 minutes after they won. Everyone got paid right on time.
Why would I do another tournament if I couldnt pay out.
I do something very good for soccer and losers say shi* . I think its cause they are jelous and dont do anythin them selves for the good of the game.(Haters)
I lose a great deal of money on this tournament. But I love the game and I want this sport to grow so we can go to the world cup one day and cheer our country on. Anything to make us better.This is my way of helping out.
Mabee its not what you would do to help out,but its what I want to do to help out. I love it.
So hate on you losers that hate and do nothing.
Oh if you want to help,,ENTER A TEAM IN THE TOURNAMENT.
The money goes to a great cause,,to send a team to butt fu** nowhere to play in the finals of the Open Canada Cup. A team from out West should win that title too. And yes one day that team will get to go to the CONCACAF Champions cup. (thats the idea) and it will happen I promice you that.

Plus you get 3 games in before Winter season starts.
Everyone wins.
(did i say cold beer)

Ghouse

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rich,
If I could get a team together like I had last year I would be in 100%, we were the only team in the beer garden along with a few of the ND boys I think... and we went to the Semi's and our guys pulled a no-show or a still high and drunk show and ACBC knocked us out, actually shattered us and our will to live, but I digress...

For all that are unsure about how the tourney is run... from my viewpoint it is 100% class. Great Food last year, and a wicked beer garden...just nobody showed up last year except to play and stay sober (Except for us Surrey Hooligans that drank and sang and jeered Referees and such) Good lookin trophies...And you couldn't complain about the talent cruising through all weekend...

KUTGW Rich, you ignore tha hataz.

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,

Just clearing up a rumour that I and many people have heard. Best way to clear it up is to go to the source...right? It seems that the rumours are false! So we can look forward to a great tourney this year.

I do agree that this tourney is good for the soccer community. Good luck and well done....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are obviously doing something right mate if you have the BC Champs in it along with the other extremely talented I-Tie team.

And that ACBC web site is a well constructed and cool site too by the way.

Goan yursel,
RF

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse,

Just clearing up a rumour that I and many people have heard. Best way to clear it up is to go to the source...right? It seems that the rumours are false! So we can look forward to a great tourney this year.

I do agree that this tourney is good for the soccer community. Good luck and well done....

Isn't it better to do it privately? That is how rumours get started and if not true, which it seems it is not, this can be harmful to a tournament like this. On the other hand, if it is a rumour all over, then you may have been right in posting this.

I am surprised more Premier teams aren't entering this tourney!!!

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
reccos,

u may be right. I honestly didn't even think to send the message privately. But it might be best to clear it up for everyone...publicly.

rasa

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like Rasa said, by getting the rumour out here on TTP where ghouse is known to post, it seems like a good thing for everyone involved as it directly puts the rumour to rest.

Ghouse would have no other way to put an end to rumour if it wasn't presented to him in the open.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If all this is directed at me asking the question, my only intent was to clear it up. I think the toureny is a great idea and probably would get more "premier" support if it was a little later in the year when teams are starting to get back together.

All I ask is you please return RF's nose in a timely fashion after the doctors get a chance to remove it from your arse. He has many more arses waiting…

Thanks.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
OCCWQ Teams

ACBC b
Western United
Hilane Auto
F.C. Euro Selects
Punjab Hurricanes
ICSF Inter
Nigeria
Poco City FC
North Delta Nationals
Langley United Nomads FC
Green Devils FC
Poco Pacific SC
Mission United
Poco City FC u21
Wickham FC
GN Sporting
ACBC a
UCFV Alumni
EA Sports
Cliff Avenue United
Vancouver United * last years winners
AFC
Fiji FC
Columbus Clan

No particular order.
Check our website for divisions and game times.
Please come down for some cold ones and some good footy.
Remember the winner is going to London Ontario to compete in the finals as the Western Rep at the Open Canada Cup.
Good luck all.
Play hard with no cards

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh well here's hoping we get a group with Van United, & Columbus... :rolleyes:

There better be more of you joining us in the beer garden this year!

Who's doing the food this year Rich?

KJ

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0