Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To tell the truth Im not sure yet,,Not the same as last year as my buddy just had his first child and cant get time away from the wife to cook,,But the people we have been talking to have done these types of events before so we are confident that the food should be good.
New Beer this year,,thats right we will be pouring Canadian instead of that crap we had last year,,so cheers to that.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Beer this year,,thats right we will be pouring Canadian instead of that crap we had last year,,so cheers to that.

well that'll help fill up the gardens a bit, i think guys were running from the stink form that stanky beer last year, ha!

any idea on when we can see a schedule out?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think our guys drank the frou-frou's instead, what was really funny was that the beers (both were rank by themselves) actually were somewhat palletable if you cut them 50-50 with each other, but then I think it all tasted palletable after 2-2L's of Growers after two games in 30+deg weather

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were serveing beers by the can and we should have a few flavors for ya,,What domestics would you prefer and Ill pick em up.
Schedule up asap as Im just waitin to see 2 guys about a hor$e.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it certainly looks like group F takes the cake as the group of death...

I'm intruiged by EA sports, my friend at EA says they are very good...but compared to what, I dont know.

KJ

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see us Noamds got Poco Pacific, Green Devils(Who I know nothing about) and the ND Nationals...

We had the ND Nationals Last year as well if memory serves, I think we got them 3-1 or 3-2 in the group stage.

Group F does look nasty...

5pm kick offs on a Friday!? Damn man...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nationals was a miss print from last year sorry it is Europa not Nationals,,Europa is Kosavo from VMSL

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry group B should and will read (have to wake my web guy)

B1 Poco Pacific SC
B2 Europa
B3 GreenDevils SC
B4 Langley United Nomads FC

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 of the VMSL teams got stuck in Group E and Group F and the winner of both groups play each other while the winner of Group C for example (the group of team ACBC plays a wild card team).

3 of the top Premier teams in group E and F, 1 top Division 1 team in Group E and another good Division 1 team in Group F, the defending champs and team that played Premier last year in Group F.

Interesting draw. When and where was it conducted? Were any team officaials there or was it done behind privately? Just want to understand how the draw was done b/c it surprises me to see the top half of the bracket compared to the bottom half.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed the same thing. The toughest teams with last years winners in e and f. which meet after the round robin. Also the African cup winners.
something smells fishy!!

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were serveing beers by the can and we should have a few flavors for ya,,What domestics would you prefer and Ill pick em up.

keep it simple, kokanee and canadian, done!

and i agree, group f, group of death for sure! :eek:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group A
A1-ACBC b
A2-Western United
A3-Hilane Auto
A4-F.C. Euro Selects

(winners of A and B meet in quarters)
(all div.2 calibre)

Group B
B1-Poco Pacific SC
B2-Langley United Nomads FC
B3-Green Devils FC
B4-North Delta Nationals

Group C
C1-ACBC a
C2-EA Sports
C3-Mission United
C4-Poco City FC u21

(winner of C plays third place wild card)
(winner of D plays third place wild card)

Group D
D1-Cliff Avenue United
D2-UCFV Alumni
D3-Wickham FC
D4-GN Sporting

Group E
E1-Punjab Hurricanes
E2-ICSF Inter
E3-Nigeria
E4-Poco City FC

(groups E and F meet in Quarters)
(all Div.1 and Prem VMSL)

Group F
F1-Vancouver Olympic United
F2-AFC
F3-Fiji FC
F4-Columbus Clan

Winner of C (acbc) after playing a third place side plays the winners of groups A and B. All Div.2 level teams. Looks like ACBC has a nice road to the finals.

While the real top teams in the tourney are knocked out by the quarters with one going through.. probably meeting ACBC in the finals.

Unless a team from Group E or F get the third place Wild Card position.

Smart...
and

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW:rolleyes::confused:

p.s. how did you guys do the draw?

oh ya...

WOW

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
No draw I picked the divisions,,I am not hideing the fact that the first round the teams are playing teams equal to each other to make the games closer,and more fun for those teams,,yes we have an easyer draw but remember we are a Div 2 team(trying to move up) and we have picked up know one from other teams..My team has been together for 6 months or longer,,. I also have spent $65,000.oo of my own cash to make this happen.
Yes I have made it as easy for my team as possable,,just like every home team at every tournament I have been to in the last millenia,,I am not hideing the fact that you need to be on your game if you want to take my cash from me,,as it is allot of Money,,More than any tournament in North America,,Remember you still have to win all your games to get to the finals...
I did the same last year and we were beat 4-0 in the final and it cost me $8k
Group F is the group of death and all the Divisions are tough for each team as they are all playing tough games as each team in their group is an equal,,so no team will have an easy game first round in my opinion.
It will be tough as hell for everyone,,even us
Say what you want.Thats the way it is and may the best team take my money from my dieing hands....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least you are honest about it, not like the up coming West Van tourney where SirM will be doing the "draw" out of one of the Cubs kilts. Hope no one draws Short and Curly FC, they are a tough bunch.

hos

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well its kind of stupid in a way, Sure you have to win to be the best, but you still get prize money if you come in 2nd place. A team like ACBC or any other team that comes out of Group A or B have a easy road to a $2000 atleast, while there are gonna be top teams getting knocked out in the group stage.
So the finals are gonna be pretty much a Div.2 caliber team playing one of the top VMSL caliber team. I guess in a way you want teams in the same level playing each other. It may have worked better you had a A Division. & B Division. Each having there own prize awards.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse..it is your tournament so you can do as you please as you are organizing the tournment. Also I appreciate you being honest and realize that a lot of work has gone into making this tournament happen.

The only issue I have is all teams (including the so called top VMSL teams) actually put up $1000 to try to win some prize money and will not get the opportunity b/c they are so called the top teams and therefore are being penalized for that and being put together in the same bracket. A division 2 team will get to play weaker teams and have a better chance at winning some money than the teams in Group E and F.

If this is called the Western Qualifiers for the Canada Cup and afflicated with the CSL then it should be done properly and no individual should get to pick the draw regardless so his team has an easier chance to get to the finals.

All teams had an opportunity to enter this tournment and Divison 2 teams understood that some top VMSL teams could possibly enter. Therefore, they put up the $1000 to register ($1000 is not chump change for some teams) understanding that they may face a top team in the round robin. But instead it is teams in Group E and F who put up the same money who are being punished.

In the end it is your tournment but some teams would probably not have entered if they knew the draw was going to be hand picked.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0