Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Open Canada Cup Western Qualifier

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point ,,but not the way I see It,,,I see the best team winning,,period.
Everyone put up good cash,,So your saying a top premier team may not have put up $1000.00 for 3 full games and a chance to win over $45,000.00 in cash and prizes if they new they would be playing tough teams,,Thats crazy,,remember,,it is an open mens tournament,,What if all the teams were top Premier teams,,what if they were all div 2 but one premier team,,,Come on,,No premier team is crying cause they all want good games and dont really care as they would have to play each other sooner or later,,I believe this format will allow for way better soccer from the get go..
Everyone paid ,,everyone can and will pick up premier players,,everyone is equal 0-0 at kick off,,everyone is allowed 22 players..Oh and just because you feel that before kickoff one team is better than another just ask Iraq about being the weeker team in a tournament.
I like this format ,,yes for my team,,but also for all the teams,,to make every game count for everyone who coughed up 1k,,,There will be no easy games here,,,the winner will be the winner,,after 6 long 90 min games. No one has it easy,,,well except for my team cause did i mention we get a bye into the final and you have to beat us 3 times and all we have to do is score 1 goal at anytime to win... Come on !
ps. I have spoke to most teams now and they are stoked to play...
pps. They all say they are going to win too...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got a call from one of the premier teams and he said it best,,
"Balls to the walls Soccer,,we love it."

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
At least you are honest about it, not like the up coming West Van tourney where SirM will be doing the "draw".

hos

Now Hands of Stone, I just walk back into the office after a much too long day in the hot sun suppessing the poor, freedom of speech, etc, causing me by the way to have to miss the ever-enthralling VMSL Masters meeting, and now I see this!

There is an over 30s div Scotland team next year remember? And listen, you get together any of your mighty FVSL cohorts and put together a team that is not going to take time off in preparation of an autumn holiday weekend where (get ready RF) you eat turkey, and stuffing, and gravy, and cranberries, and creamy mashed potatoes, and butter, and gravy, and ham, and fresh baked buns, and butter, and gravy...Ok I will stop now. Any such team will get a good draw, you have my word.

Because you guys are entertaining. Good prep for the (Western) Canadians...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GHouse,

I respect your honesty. And if we must look at the positive, it gives everyone the best soccer possible. at there calibre.
Never seen a tournament laid out like that.. EVER!!

but in any case... the best team wins that weekend!!

good Luck to all.

LION

Rasa

Jun 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
No draw I picked the divisions,,I am not hideing the fact that the first round the teams are playing teams equal to each other to make the games closer,and more fun for those teams,,yes we have an easyer draw but remember we are a Div 2 team(trying to move up) and we have picked up know one from other teams..My team has been together for 6 months or longer,,. I also have spent $65,000.oo of my own cash to make this happen.
Yes I have made it as easy for my team as possable,,just like every home team at every tournament I have been to in the last millenia,,I am not hideing the fact that you need to be on your game if you want to take my cash from me,,as it is allot of Money,,More than any tournament in North America,,Remember you still have to win all your games to get to the finals...
I did the same last year and we were beat 4-0 in the final and it cost me $8k
Group F is the group of death and all the Divisions are tough for each team as they are all playing tough games as each team in their group is an equal,,so no team will have an easy game first round in my opinion.
It will be tough as hell for everyone,,even us
Say what you want.Thats the way it is and may the best team take my money from my dieing hands....

Having read ur post and seen the draw I just have one thing to say....WOW!

Mickey mouse! I wonder if teams would have entered had they know about this. Complete joke.....

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having read ur post and seen the draw I just have one thing to say....WOW!

Mickey mouse! I wonder if teams would have entered had they know about this. Complete joke.....
I agree... it would be fair to assume that the draw would be random... especially considering the entry fee and the association with a national tournament. Having it be FIXED is absolute trash.

ghouse successfully pulled the wool over many people's eyes... giving his team the easiest route to the finals... and a portion of the prize money. Shameful.:mad:

my favorite team in this tournament is whoever ACBC is playing.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
..My team has been together for 6 months or longer,,. I also have spent $65,000.oo of my own cash to make this happen.

you need a new accountant if you actually spent $65K. hopefully your including the airfare back east because whoever is doing the budgeting needs some help. $1K entrance fees should cover the prize money so why so much. Or does the planning committee setup shop every week at madame cleos?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
remember we are a Div 2 team(trying to move up) and we have picked up know one from other teams

In other threads, you boast about your team, your players, and how they should be playing premier. Which is it?

Yeah, pretty Mickey Mouse.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My problem is these guys are trying to buy a premier spot in the valley. So if you consider yourself premier quality, which I know you do, play in the tough division. I realize you put up a bunch of money but so did a lot of other teams and rigging the tournament is bush. Next year you should probably let teams know the situation before they put up that type of cash.

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
so when i show up with my div 3 team to play against all you div 1 and premier teams i hope i remember to bring some tissues and diapers for all you f*cking cry-babies. sheesh, you could walk through sick kids' hospital and not hear as much crying as you do on this thread!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It might be a bit tough getting this tourney going next year. I can see some pretty choked teams.
If the lay out is fixed. Can't wait to see the officiating in some of the games.

Will the same div.2 teams enter next year knowing that there are some strong premier clubs in it???

Will the Premier clubs enter next year knowing that they are going to be all in the same side? or Group???

Or I guess you just enter a prem. team in with a different name.
Like the Burnaby Try hards... or something... and find yourself in Group A!!

ha ..

Good luck next year!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm kinda lost here, you guys are mad because you don't have an easy route to the finals? Random or not, someone was going to have an easy route to the finals, and as noted from every other tournament I've ever been in, the host team usually has it. Either way, you still have to win your games, you will have to play the best, so what's the big deal?

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
so when i show up with my div 3 team to play against all you div 1 and premier teams i hope i remember to bring some tissues and diapers for all you f*cking cry-babies. sheesh, you could walk through sick kids' hospital and not hear as much crying as you do on this thread!

You dumb shite , how are you gonna play a premier or a div 1 team if your in the shite group. Thats the whole reason behind this thread, the draw was placed so that there would a 'certain' team that has higher chance to make the finals then any other team. Whatever, its their tourney , they can fix the groups if they like. Should be still a good tournment. Not to sure if all the teams will come back next yr knowing the groups will be fixed.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the big deal is that the "Big Scary clubs" , of which I would like to know how many of the whiners here play for, are mad that Rich has given his team a slightly easier ride to the quarters or semi's than the "Big Bad" Vancouver Utd, Inter, Columbus Clan, et all.

Listen... I don't know what all the fuss is about either...At least Rich guarantees the teams get to play decent games. I don't know how we, for instance, would fare playing Columbus, probably get smoked 10-1 or something...That being said If we get out of group stage and face them in a quarter then bring it on...I see how some of them may feel bad about a div 2 team playing in a quarter when a top class team that may get a little unlucky doesn't make playoff round...

But I highly doubt the "favorites" that have signed up this year will not sign up next year just because they were assigned a group that is tough. They probably signed up for a chance at the cash and a chance at a holiday/trip/tourney to Ontario to play other supposedly finest amateur club sides in the Nation. I don't think they signed up to beat on a div 2 team just to lose to the better team that may or may not have been in their group in the first place.

Tissue anyone?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,

you watch the world cup?

picture that tournament being fixed. Italy, Brasil, England, and Portugal in the same group, meeting with the group with Argentina, Germany, France, and Holland...

would you say... when knowing it was a fixed draw,...

"whats the big deal"???

and your wrong when you say that you may have to play the best...

Its much easier playing lesser opponents early in the group stage.
You get up a couple goals, and start sitting your starters as you know its a 6 game tourney to the finals.

Its much much tougher playing tough games, and battling to get through, when the next team had a breeze, and is that much more rested then you.
as they won every game by 4 and laughed there way through.

True or False?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not the Stallion, but I say false.

They are supposed Div 2 teams. (ACBC GEts cracked on all the time on these forums for saying they are better than where they are playing for crying out loud)

Your reserves should be able to play a div 2 team off the park if need be if you are a Columbus or Inter or Vancouver utd or whoever.

And nobody will be laughing through...Teams are supposedly put together in similar class, so noone will jut run roughshod through their group.

But Which is it? The ACBC ACBC Claims to be or the ACBC everyone else claims to be, now that they are in "weak group" everyone will back ACBC as a premier Side instead of laughing them off then avoiding friendly requests!?

Where's JTL when you need him.

you guys are too much.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Either way... the best/lucky team wins on the weekend. Some roads are tougher. Some are paved.

How will this tourney look if the reffing leans one way in a game now??

That being said, if teams are playing for the fitness/good games. Then Rich laid it out perfect. But if teams are there for the money then it might be a different story.

I am not mad, as I am not playing in the tourney at the moment. Just stating some facts.

Still a good thing for local soccer, and won't take that away!!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stallion,

you watch the world cup?

picture that tournament being fixed. Italy, Brasil, England, and Portugal in the same group, meeting with the group with Argentina, Germany, France, and Holland...

would you say... when knowing it was a fixed draw,...

"whats the big deal"???

and your wrong when you say that you may have to play the best...

Its much easier playing lesser opponents early in the group stage.
You get up a couple goals, and start sitting your starters as you know its a 6 game tourney to the finals.

Its much much tougher playing tough games, and battling to get through, when the next team had a breeze, and is that much more rested then you.
as they won every game by 4 and laughed there way through.

True or False?

I get your point, and yes, the more Premier teams would be able to rest their starters, but even if you don't get to you should be able to smoke a D2 team, especially since the D2 team will be playing competition where they also don't get to rest starters. All in all, the winner of this tourney will most likely be a premier side, not a D2 side, regardless of the groupings.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blueposer,

NO ONE IS ANGRY, I am sure that they (better teams) will appreciate the better soccer then running some div.2 around. and probably getting kicked in frusteration when doing so, as you guys do.

sorry, didn't totally understand your post.

so your saying it takes the same energy for lets say... ACBC to get through there group, as it would lets say Columbus or Van United?

Anyone else wanna comment on that?

YOur obviously a mucker. sorry.

I have played countless tournaments in my life, and not seen one fixed like this. It would have been much different if it was out in the open before.

If I had a team in the tourney, that I paid $1000 for. With my eye on the prize... And it was a random draw. And lets say I get 2 tough teams, and a lower div team. I might have the chance to sit many of my studs and still get the win against the lower div. team. Making my chances stronger on going further with a rested team!! with lesser knocks!!

and your saying false to that??

WOW!

keep mucking!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0