Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't you guys lose to Cliff Ave. of VMSL Div 1 in an exhibition? or did I hear wrong? Hope not, cuz they're a strong, middle-of-the-pack team and if you can't beat them you probably don't belong in the VMSL Premier, plain and simple......

Yea, we tied once and lost once. But bringing up exhibition games are crap my friend. We lost a game due to a bad goal on my part December 23rd. But we play all our players from Cat and our main team. I'm sure they might do the same tactics themselves. How can you call exhibition games good games, we are just simply practicing. I could bring up the fact that we tied and beat the Poco Premier in exhibition games too, but it doesn't count.

It only matters when there is something on the line, to justify which losses and wins are true.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dog,

This may be a moot comment, but...

Go out and win something that counts, then start talking about how you belong in either the VMSL or FVSL Premier league. Until then, you know...

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It only matters when there is something on the line, to justify which losses and wins are true.

Pakenham Cup on the line vs a mid pack FVSL Prem side.

Result: 1-nil loss.

Post game interview: We should be a VMSL Prem side.

Cost: Priceless.

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pakenham Cup on the line vs a mid pack FVSL Prem side.

Result: 1-nil loss.

Post game interview: We should be a VMSL Prem side.

Cost: Priceless.
outkast,, i believe what he's trying to say is that the fvsl prem side is much more talented than the vmsl prem.:D i agree. ;)

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
just looked at the new schedual for the next round and our game has been switched from 1 pm sunday to 8 pm friday

now we're screwed ive got 5/6 guys cant play friday nights plus myself cant make it :(

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game by the Athletics, no fight shown at all by the Aldy boys with 20 or so left...

Well done LUFC....Teams should be worried playing away at MAP...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by Guinness on 12-09-2007, 10:37 AM

Re: Athletics vs Aldergrove
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What's a good wager on this match? I'll take Utah and his bag of dicks in a "slight" upset!

I totally seen it coming!!! ;)

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
no asses regs but the langley goalie made it intereseting with a complete brain fart on there goal.

Speaking of interesting...I didn't realize you could have a time out during a soccer game. One of the Aldergrove players went down injured (off the field), the ref stopped the game and the Aldergrove coach called the whole team over to the side line for a wee chat. Never seen it before, and the ref clearly wasn't sure either for he just let it happen...:rolleyes: Great game. Not sure of the ref's name, but I'm sure Utah will fill us in later when he gets out of his pit :D

bb

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was an interesting part of the game thats for sure, but as a player I don't understand why we the players cared so much. It was there free kick and there time they were wasting so I didn't see it as a big deal. But in saying that I've never seen it before myself.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of interesting...I didn't realize you could have a time out during a soccer game. One of the Aldergrove players went down injured (off the field), the ref stopped the game and the Aldergrove coach called the whole team over to the side line for a wee chat. Never seen it before, and the ref clearly wasn't sure either for he just let it happen...:rolleyes: Great game. Not sure of the ref's name, but I'm sure Utah will fill us in later when he gets out of his pit :D

bb

Andy Pinter. Did fine except for his tossing of the Langley player. Gave a second yellow for taking too long on a throw in. Think he may have forgotten he already had given one. A bit weak, but referees make mistakes just like all of us.

Most striking was how little passion and fight Aldergrove had. Something is not quite right, very different from the group last year. A bunch of good guys there, I am sure they will get it sorted.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Andy's yellow on Funky was diabolical to say the least. A bit of thought has to be given there as to the implications. One yellow was enough, and he didn't talk back, but was getting ready to throw the ball.

Otherwise he did a fine job. Didn't bite on some of the dives in the box one particular striker tried on a number of occasions.

Great team effort, and yes- was surprised by the lack of fight in those boys. A solid 1st div team maybe, but they need to find more premier tallent.

Looking forward to seeing who we get.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No own goals Dude?!?!? You must have been man of the match, then. It is fairly stunning that your team could shut you down like that. Fantastic self-defending against one's self... or something like that.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Aldergrove P vs. Langley

Most people already summed it up, but Aldergrove looked to have no interest in being there. A little lean on the bench from the looks of it as well.

Aldergrove looked to come on strong after the goal they scored to tie it up 1-1 but that lasted about 20 minutes. Aldergrove created a few free kick chances but didn't manage anything spectacular with them.

Good win for The Athletics. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0