Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Peg & SU Ladies @ 2011 Nationals

BC Teams @ Nationals

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One day I will be able to tell my grandchildren that I scored the 17th and 19th goal in a 21 - 0 win at Nationals. I'm going to show them the ball that I kept too.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it for goal differential? Same thing happens in World Junior in hockey, among other sports. Could you imagine losing your spot in the national final because you went easy on the Yukon and won 10-0, and the team you tied went ahead and beat them 15-0? I'd be right pissed, and would be trying to score as much as possible to ensure my team has the best GD to avoid any potential tiebreaker loss.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't it for goal differential? Same thing happens in World Junior in hockey, among other sports. Could you imagine losing your spot in the national final because you went easy on the Yukon and won 10-0, and the team you tied went ahead and beat them 15-0? I'd be right pissed, and would be trying to score as much as possible to ensure my team has the best GD to avoid any potential tiebreaker loss.

It is for goal differential. There is no maximum goal point value. I know it sounds cut-throat, but to be honest, it is SUPPOSED to be an elite competition. Teams like the Yukon and NWT's are not elite but they participate and are fully aware that these skewed results will occur. They attend and have a good experience anyway.

We almost got burned at the U-14 Nationals when we took the ethical approach and almost didn't win our group due to the goal differential. We did not make that mistake at the U-16 level.

6.6 Tie-breaking​
6.6.1 In all competitions (or parts thereof) organized on a round-robin basis allgames shall be played to regulation time only, except as specified below.6.6.2 In any three (3) team round robin, whether part or all of the championship,the third game shall be played to a decision in accordance with these rules, if theteam not participating has zero points, has been suspended or has withdrawn. Inthe event that the score is tied after regulation time, and the taking of kicks from thepenalty mark is used to determine the winner, the team that eventually loses thegame shall be awarded one point.6.6.3 Three (3) points shall be awarded for a win and one (1) point for a tie(including the taking of kicks from the penalty mark). Standings shall be determinedby points won at the completion of the round robin, with tie-breaking as outlined inRule 6.6.4;6.6.4 The following criteria shall be used to determine the final standings:(a) Most points in all group matches(b) Greater number of points in matches between the teams concerned(c) Greater goal difference in matches between the teams concerned (if more than twoteams finish equal on points)(d) Greater number of goals scored in matches among the teams concerned (if morethan two teams finish equal on points)(e) Results for all group matches*Greater goal difference in all group matches*Greater number of goals scored in all group matches(f) Penalty KicksTwo teams tied: as per FIFA Laws of the Game, at a time and place decided by theCSA Rep.(g) Three or more teams tied: drawing of lots to determine ranking at a time andplace decided by the CSA Rep.Players under suspension are not eligible to participate; however this does notconstitute the serving of any disciplinary suspension already awarded.6.6.5 Where a game is abandoned because of floodlight failure/weather or any​
cause beyond the control of the participating teams and more than seventy

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United defeated Alberta 3-1 today. I believe Alberta is represented by Edmonton Victoria? Comments from thrillerds?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't our women just lose the National Championship to AB in the O-35's by 1 goal in GD?

I say run it up. Like BB said, it's an elite competition, the Territories know they're gonna be pumped, but at least they show up.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe they can give participation ribbons to the 2 Territory provinces?

These Surrey girls are given me a chubby with those scores..

keep rollin

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BB, I'm pretty sure thrillerds gone back into his cave, all his smack talk has disgraced his province!:rolleyes: The funny thing is the only team he didn't brag about before hand was the O-35 women and they ended up being the underdogs who took the Gold medal. Maybe thrillered should keep his yap shut as him seems to be jinxing these teams!!

thrillerds?

As for Captain say what you want in your sarcastic tone, but truth be told when you are old and senile you will still brag about those goals you scored at National's, the only difference is you would probably lie to your own grand kids and probably tell them you scored the game winner and insurance goal!! Instead of being truthful. At the end of the day who cares what number the goal was, the point is you were part of a team that won and you also scored a few.

One day I will be able to tell my grandchildren that I scored the 17th and 19th goal in a 21 - 0 win at Nationals. I'm going to show them the ball that I kept too.

I agree with BB and JBN, if you can get the opportunity to get all your players in the game and you can still light the lamp up then do it! If people want to play in a fun league where no one keeps score then go ahead. Just don't cry and complain when you find out that this FUN league doesn't have Provincials or Nationals.:knvb:

As for Surrey lets keep on rolling ladies. BTW who is winning in the crib games? Knaacks are you partnering up with MF?;)

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I found this in a press release this morning. One Ontario player scored 7 goals?

U-14 Boys

British Columbia 19, Northwest Territories 0

Goal Scorers: British Columbia: Matty McColl (3), Ryan Niezen (3), Jack Hill (2), Dania Zanatta (2), Ben Avila (2), Brian I’m (2), Hayden White (2), Alex Doherty, Kieran Large, Bilal Mohamed
Shutout: British Columbia: Doran Blakely

Ontario 22, Yukon 0

Goal Scorers: Ontario: Luca Uccello (7), Lucas Pontillo (4), Joseph Jonadi (2), Troy Lindsay (2), Francesso Sinopoli (2), Christian Decesace, Gianluca Ceolin, David Lomardi, Daniel Maxwell

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win for the Surrey United girls - Congratulations to them.

We didn't play today but with New Brunswick losing we found ourselves with a spot in the Quarter Finals on Saturday at Noon PST.

We play Sask tomorrow with the winner getting the #1 seed out of our group. Long road still ahead - nice to see lots of supporters arriving to La Belle Province. The weather has been fantastic - apparently we are expecting 23 celsius tomorrow. Conditions should be great for tomorrows match.

The tournament is just starting now...lets see how it unfolds. Depending on tomorrows results we will either play Quebec or Nova Scotia in the Quarter Finals.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe you're missing the point, Conductor.......but carry on as you like.

Conductor,

You missed out on the roof-top sunning sessions at the Hotel Continental in Mexico City. Those were days to tell the grandchildren about. Where is Jonny Vrablic anyway?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe you're missing the point, Conductor.......but carry on as you like.

Nice work, Ontario. 22 - 0......tops so far.

Captain how is your opinion mean that I'm missing out on your point? Is it a digfrace that a team wins 22-0? Maybe so but who is being disgraced here?

You missed out on the roof-top sunning sessions at the Hotel Continental in Mexico City. Those were days to tell the grandchildren about. Where is Jonny Vrablic anyway

Luch, I agree with you as any roof-top sunning sessions in Mexico are always great memories and stories as I have been fortunate enough to have been a part of those. As forJjonny, I believe he is off somewhere telling those who care, some pretty crazy stories right now!;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0