Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
loved seeing sunderland beat man city. man city had chances galore, and i couldnt be happier seeing the new geico spokesman tevez miss an open net sitter.

cascadesloveseeingtheyankeesoftheBPLlose

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope them 2 Irish prats will be picking up Berbatov's tab tonight. To say he bailed them out would be an understatement.
2nil up, and only a miracle, or 2 Irish plonkers, would get Liverpool back in it. Berbs is a magician!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to be biased here :rolleyes: but I think Webb got it right by giving O'Shea a yellow. Personally, I didn't think it was an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Some might disagree but I thought Van der Sar would've got there before Torres did.

A couple of observations :

1) Evans - seriously man, wtf are you doing going to ground and lunging in on Torres inside the box ??
2) Fletcher - really ?? You almost dive out of the wall letting a ball that would've hit you in the chest now go into the back of the net ??
3) Torres - He looks as if he's got a gun to his head right now. From the minute he walked into Old Trafford to the 90th minute, he looks as if someone's nicked his bike. His marking of Berbatov on the 1st goal was pure comedy.
4) Liverpool's tactics - Not sure why Hodgson isn't playing Gerrard in behind Torres as surely, that's his best position. The new lad - Meireles was it ?? looked well off the pace.
5) Rooney - Since the end of last season, he's looked well off it as well.
6) Vidic - If it wasn't for Berba's hat trick, he was easily man of the match. Won everything and great to see him wearing the arm band on a permanent basis.
6) Berbatov - outstanding. Finally !! His overhead kick was different class and to beat Jamie Carragher in the air for the winner was something that all United fans were shocked / pleased to see.

Overall, I thought United were the better side and deserved the three points. They looked good in the final third in stark contrast to the Rangers game mid-week. Quality tie and one worth getting up for :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree.

Mostly.

:)
Not to be biased here :rolleyes: but I think Webb got it right by giving O'Shea a yellow. Personally, I didn't think it was an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Some might disagree but I thought Van der Sar would've got there before Torres did.

1) Evans - seriously man, wtf are you doing going to ground and lunging in on Torres inside the box ??
2) Fletcher - really ?? You almost dive out of the wall letting a ball that would've hit you in the chest now go into the back of the net ??
3) Torres - He looks as if he's got a gun to his head right now. From the minute he walked into Old Trafford to the 90th minute, he looks as if someone's nicked his bike. His marking of Berbatov on the 1st goal was pure comedy.
4) Liverpool's tactics - Not sure why Hodgson isn't playing Gerrard in behind Torres as surely, that's his best position. The new lad - Meireles was it ?? looked well off the pace.
5) Rooney - Since the end of last season, he's looked well off it as well.
6) Vidic - If it wasn't for Berba's hat trick, he was easily man of the match. Won everything and great to see him wearing the arm band on a permanent basis.
6) Berbatov - outstanding. Finally !! His overhead kick was different class and to beat Jamie Carragher in the air for the winner was something that all United fans were shocked / pleased to see.

Overall, I thought United were the better side and deserved the three points. They looked good in the final third in stark contrast to the Rangers game mid-week. Quality tie and one worth getting up for :D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually, Walks, after watching the reply of the [O'Shea] incident, I might agree. The pass was slightly over hit, and was always going to be Van Der Sars ball. Even the commentator mentions after the reply that Webb, quite possibly made a 'great' call.
As for Fletcher, I'm sure he'll be the first to admit he screwed up, but credit to the Liverpool player for trying that in the wall. Well rehearsed possibly...?
And finally, Evans is pants! There are no quality Irish players in the game at the moment, yet we have 2 [Irish players] on our back line :(

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Fletcher, I'm sure he'll be the first to admit he screwed up, but credit to the Liverpool player for trying that in the wall. Well rehearsed possibly...?
And finally, Evans is pants! There are no quality Irish players in the game at the moment, yet we have 2 [Irish players] on our back line :(

It's not very often that one can criticize Fletcher but in this case, he did bottle it. I'm sure he knows he was at fault and I'm sure he was told by a few of the lads :) However, he's very consistent (and we won :) ), so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt :D

Evans has struggled this year. He's made some rash decisions especially in his own area ..... he's young and he'll improve. United have traditionally had strong centre halves so he'll get the proper coaching I'm sure.

As far as O'Shea goes, yes he fouled Torres on the questionable decision but I like him. He's the best 'utility player' we have and is usually solid at whatever position he plays. He's not flashy but does his job well IMO. His cross for Berba's 3rd goal was quality.

On another note, great to see Chelsea finally have to play somebody this weekend (even if it is City ;) ). Christ, did their Chairman do the fixtures this year ?? West Brom, Wigan, Stoke, West Ham and Blackpool to start ??!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On another note, great to see Chelsea finally have to play somebody this weekend (even if it is City ;) ). Christ, did their Chairman do the fixtures this year ?? West Brom, Wigan, Stoke, West Ham and Blackpool to start ??!!

5-0 so far in the EPL this year Walks, that is not easy to do so give them some credit. And also they hammered their opponents away in Champions League, as opposed to being embarassed at home by an SPL side. I will say though that MUFC looked better on the weekend, and Berbatov was finally quality. They are still running a couple Masters age players in midfield, and need Rio back. I would mention that their #1goaltender is about to hit 40, but he is my favourite so I will not. They should have grabbed Van der Vaart, he would really have helped.

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0