Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2010 / 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staggering amounts of money here :

Soccernet.com said:
Chelsea's annual wage bill has soared to £172.5 million - almost £40 million more than the next highest payers Manchester City.

The figure for the year ending June 2010 is revealed in Chelsea's full annual accounts lodged with Companies House on Friday and shows a significant increase on the previous year.

In 2009, the club spent £165.6 million on wages but that sum included pay-offs worth £12.6 million to sacked manager Luiz Felipe Scolari and his assistants. Excluding the pay-offs, the rise in wages is £19.5 million and represents a 12.7% increase.

Manchester City's wage bill is £133.3 million, Manchester United's £131.7 million and Arsenal are fourth with £110 million spent annually on salaries, according to their most recent accounts.

Chelsea's wages are 82% of their turnover - more healthy than City's 106% - but way off United's level of 46% and Arsenal's of 49%.

The figures also confirm that Chelsea reported losses of £70.9 million compared to £44.4 million the previous year. The club indicated earlier this week that they believe they will halve their losses in the next financial year.

The latest accounts also reveal that Chelsea will be liable for £3.8 million extra in National Insurance contributions if HM Revenue and Customs succeeds in its legal case that image rights payments should be taxed as income.

If that is proved, the players themselves would be liable to pay any tax individually in relation to image rights.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally don't think anyone is worth that amount of money, but I've always said he would eventually be a 40mil forward. But to say he's worth 35mil already is nuts. OK he has had a good start to this season, but 35mil already is way too premature.

This signing makes him the most expensive English player in the history of football.

Apparently they are pretty excited about signing him as the Liverpool store was full of Carroll jersys the day after they aquired him.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great comeback for Newcastle today...down 4-0 and to tie it on a great volley.

Hard Ballz

Newcastle did do well but Barton shouldn't of been on the field after that challenge on diaby, nolans reaction after the first pk that was a maybe call was the same as diabys that earnt him the red, the 2nd pk was not even close to a foul, and the fourth goal was a beauty but the free kick should of never been given that led to the goal. This ones hard to swallow, I feel as though arsenal were robbed by dowd. Its not hard to get up for something when everything is going your way, for example the ref giving you every bit of help he can. But I'll be feeling a little better if wolves can somehow hold onto this lead.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a perfect game plan by Wolves, Utd had an off day and Wolves played perfectly to keep Manure at bay.

has Nani found his way out of Elokobi's hip pocket yet? He embarrassed Elokobi on that first goal (cracker btw) but it was like Elokobi took it personally and had a stormer after that

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus H... What a freekin joke, just goes to show there going to have to get rid of Anelka and bring in a strong mid-fielder.... Theres no point in Anelka playing a holding striker position, thats just a waste of money and talent

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking: France State TV is reporting that Interpol, the International Police Agency, are investigating the Arsenal/Newcastle draw from the weekend, centering in on odd betting patterns. The alleged investigation includes Arsenal winger Tomas Rosicky, whose foul was allegedly the cause of the second Newcastle penalty. Also under investigation is referee Phil Dowd. Arsenal will allegedly make a statement on this tomorrow. For more info, see the original French report ( Un incroyable match de foot plongé au coeur d'une enquête judiciaire).

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus H... What a freekin joke, just goes to show there going to have to get rid of Anelka and bring in a strong mid-fielder.... Theres no point in Anelka playing a holding striker position, thats just a waste of money and talent
Yeah thats the problem;) Its all Anelka in a 90 min game with 11 a side

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quality from the Liverpool fans yesterday :

'You should've stayed with a real club, stayed with a real club, stayed with a reeeaaaaalll club'

:D

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Breaking: France State TV is reporting that Interpol, the International Police Agency, are investigating the Arsenal/Newcastle draw from the weekend, centering in on odd betting patterns. The alleged investigation includes Arsenal winger Tomas Rosicky, whose foul was allegedly the cause of the second Newcastle penalty. Also under investigation is referee Phil Dowd. Arsenal will allegedly make a statement on this tomorrow. For more info, see the original French report ( Un incroyable match de foot plongé au coeur d'une enquête judiciaire).

i doubt there was any match fixing involved, just poor officiating.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I tried to go to bed early, but that didn't work I just keep waking up wondering if I set the PVR, or did I set it properly, or to the right game, or more importantly did the electricity go out resetting all my PVR tapings making me miss the game.

Then once that happens my mind starts racing usually in this order:

A couple lines of blue moon, then wondering if De Jong is playing, we are going to be screwed without him, I wonder what the line up will be, I hate Gary Neville, we can't lose, will Tevez score, I hope so, I wish I was there, Ginger's at the game what an ass, Come on Citeh, Just roll over and go to sleep.

After doing this for 4 hours I finally decide to just get up, well that's not true my wife kicked me and told me to get the fcuk out of bed. B*tch. So now I'm up, the question is do I want a coffee, or a Boddington's, if I have Boddy's I'll end up having 3 or 4, which isn't a bad way to start off the day but, I coach the kids at 9, which may improve my coaching but I don't think it is allowed. so I guess it will be coffee. (maybe)

So I'll watch the game, give my Dad a call after, and if we win, City were brilliant. If we lose, the reffing was horrible. United are cheats, and there are different rules for United than everyone else (which is true, bunch of cheaters). The problem with losing is that unless I am at an Oasis concert or in Portland in July, we are outnumbered 200-1 everywhere we go. (That ratio is low because I am including my two boys, and my Dad.) And more than half of them are part time United supporters, that don't have a clue. But still manage to yell across the field that United won. Most of them couldn't tell you who scored or where the game was because they only saw the game on the highlights. Idiots

Anyway I just saw the starting line up and De Jong isn't playing :( I think I'll have a Boddy's

Come on Citeh

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great now I have to listen to Walks yell across the field:)

Rooney was crap for all but 4 seconds of that game. Nice goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0