Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For going elsewhere.

I don't get the hate for Owen. Poor guy has been smitten by horrific injury luck and just because he goes to Man City he gets all this vitriol heaped upon him. I wonder if you'd all feel differently if he were your friend/family member? I wish him well. In fact I hope he revives his career and thrives. It's a shame to see a talent like that have to end his career because of injury.

But yes, let's wish more injury on the guy. Maybe he will also die young and you can all throw a party.

I'm with you on this. If man utd didn't want him then who cares where he goes, i don't hate gallas for leaving arsenal for spurs yet i hate nasri for going to city, cause we did want him to stay.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that he's signed for Citeh etc...,

I have to say that he was total class when my boys were asked (by Jigsaw - cheers again for the quality sessions!) to train with him during his rehab. One could understand him being totally absorbed with himself and his rehab but he was constantly giving little bits of advice and telling the boys "in the Premier League, you'll have to..." or "when you play in the Premier League, you'll need to..."! They totally soaked it up, listened to every word and couldn't believe that a double Champions League winner, former Man United player was passing them the ball and giving them encouragement - even remembering their names the next time he met them. Very, very cool!

_IGP9957.jpg _IGP9959c.jpg

Props to Jigsaw and Alex McKechnie for getting him back into the Premier League. We have world class soccer people here. Why don't we listen or use them more?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For going elsewhere.

I don't get the hate for Owen. Poor guy has been smitten by horrific injury luck and just because he goes to Man City he gets all this vitriol heaped upon him. I wonder if you'd all feel differently if he were your friend/family member? I wish him well. In fact I hope he revives his career and thrives. It's a shame to see a talent like that have to end his career because of injury.

But yes, let's wish more injury on the guy. Maybe he will also die young and you can all throw a party.

FFS ...... yeah, I wish the guy more injury :rolleyes: Read what I'm saying man ......

He's been hurt for the past 3 season at United and it was time to move on for both Owen and United. I don't hold any sort of grudge against the man, he was an integral part of the team and was great when he played.

Walks said:
Personally, I couldn't give a toss if he went to Stoke, West Brom or fcuking Inter in the VMSL. However, nobody likes to see any of their 'players' go to their biggest rival.

Like stallion said, how 'bout if he played for Milan and went to Inter ?? How 'bout fans reactions when Figo went to Real Madrid from Barcelona ?? How 'bout Sol Campbell from Spurs to Arsenal ?? Give your head a shake ..... no fan likes to see one of their 'players' go to their biggest rival.

I wish him all the best ..... except when he plays against United :D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like stallion said, how 'bout if he played for Milan and went to Inter ?? How 'bout fans reactions when Figo went to Real Madrid from Barcelona ?? How 'bout Sol Campbell from Spurs to Arsenal ?? Give your head a shake ..... no fan likes to see one of their 'players' go to their biggest rival.

I wish him all the best ..... except when he plays against United :D

Walks,

Bad comparisons there mate; they left under entirely different circumstances. OG offered to stay FOR FREE and Man U said no. Where do you want him to go? Qatar?

If the teams were AC and Inter I would have no problem with him leaving at all. Let the poor guy try and salvage his career.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks,

Bad comparisons there mate; they left under entirely different circumstances. OG offered to stay FOR FREE and Man U said no. Where do you want him to go? Qatar?

If the teams were AC and Inter I would have no problem with him leaving at all.

You live in a sheltered footballing environment if you think those players left under entirely different circumstances. It's club to bitter rival. End of story.

I'm happy to see Hargreaves continue his career, all the best to him. However, go somewhere other than either City or Liverpool.

Your taxi's waiting .......

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
You live in a sheltered footballing environment if you think those players left under entirely different circumstances. It's club to bitter rival. End of story.

So Figo had a 3 year string of injury at Barça before he left? Campbell's knees were mangled when he went to Arsenal? They offered to stay for free? Oh my mistake then. Apology accepted.

Carry on... :rolleyes:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Figo had a 3 year string of injury at Barça before he left? Campbell's knees were mangled when he went to Arsenal? They offered to stay for free? Oh my mistake then. Apology accepted.

Carry on... :rolleyes:

I think you're reading a little to deep into the him offering to play for free. It sounded to me like it came from a place of fustration and he would do anything to stay, even play for free and Man Utd said you don't want to do that. He said himself that yeah, it probably wouldn't have been the best idea. Nobody plays for free at this level, it is just something people say. Just like all the pro hockey players that say they love the game and would play for free, but they sure aren't signing for free are they. Man Utd did enough for him, on top of all the money they paid him can you imagine how much was spent on physios, doctors etc. for 3 years of injury seeing the top people. Show a little respect and play for the Caps.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some people really would play for free... FIFA.com - Onyewu pledges to play for free

American defender Oguchi Onyewu has pledged to play his final year at AC Milan without a salary after signing a 12-month contract extension.

Onyewu missed most of the season due to a serious knee injury, making just one appearance before rupturing the patellar tendon in his left knee during a FIFA World Cup™ qualifier against Costa Rica.

His contract had two years left to run, but fit-again Onyewu requested a further year and told the club he would play for free. The club accepted his offer, which means the FIFA World Cup-bound 28-year-old is now tied to Milan until the end of June 2013.

A club statement read: "Onyewu, who has been out for virtually the whole season due to injury, but who at this time is getting ready to face the World Cup adventure in South Africa with his national team, has become a star today with a significant gesture from a personal and professional standpoint.

"Onyewu has requested and obtained a contract extension from 30 June, 2012 until 30 June, 2013. With respect to that year, as was his wish, which has been appreciated by the club, Onyewu has asked not to receive any type of wages. This is an exemplary gesture that deserves our sincere congratulations."

Onyewu joined Milan from Belgian side Standard Liege last summer and had a previous spell on loan in England with Newcastle.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man Utd did enough for him, on top of all the money they paid him can you imagine how much was spent on physios, doctors etc. for 3 years of injury seeing the top people. Show a little respect and play for the Caps.
I have no opinion on the subject of Owen, but in the end.... What does an athlete play a sport for
1) Be the best, win championsips... (done at Manu)
2) Make $$$$$ (which he will now do at City)
Hes just doing what any athlete does, make as much money as he can...

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man Utd destroying Bolton 5-0 in the 75th min. Rooney with 3 and Hernandez with 2. Man Utd looking very dangerous!!!

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0