Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
agreed, the youngins at Manure really all showed a ton of vision, composure and quality...

Nice to see a club going with domestic youth and not relying entirely on the foreign transfer market.

Welbeck, Young, Cleverly, Smalling etc looked great and not out of place at all... Yet Chelsea and City continue to spend WAY over the top on players from overseas and continue to overlook their own developing kids and kids from other clubs around the UK. I hope beyond all hope City gets nailed on the FIFA fair play stuff.

WTF do Chelsea need to rip Modric from Spurs for?! How many quality oozing centre mids do you need? Why does city continue to need to purchase players when they can't get them all on the field?

the EPL is everything that is wrong with modern-football for the most part... and these clubs are reason #1 England is not going to win a World cup or Euro any time soon.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsenal with the Shocker today!!! Well done to those boys winning it in Italy...
Two big games this Sunday... Manu v Arsenal (gotta say 3-1) for the Devils, and Tottenham v City (2-1) for City...

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I think we still need a creative centre midfielder. If we can't have Sneijder, do you think we can sign Adam djones ?? ;) One thing that hasn't changed : I still hate Michael Carrick.

I don't think he can under BCHPL rules! ;)

I agree about Carrick. Time for a change! Ando looks very good so far. I still think we're a ways from finding out the answer to Barca in the CL although Jose Mourinho is crafty enough to find it IF he doesn't get paraded out of Madrid.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sick sight to see didier drogba out before he hit the ground
it looked like he was still out when they stretchered him off

on a side note...GREAT goal for Norwich!!!!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man Utd just taking the piss outta Arsenal.....3 great goals. Man Utd's pace is too much. 3-1 Halftime.

Hard Ballz

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was fortunate enough to catch United's home opener vs Tottenham at the new Old Trafford. Unbelieveable setting and great seats throughout the Stadium. It's hard to watch the 'Caps or Canucks after that. I think this team has learned a lot from last years Champions League Final where Barcelona took it to them. It appears that they have changed their style of play as there is much more emphasis on possession of the ball and Anderson looks the part in midfield, Rooney is fitter than ever, Young gives them another option, the youngsters Welbeck, Cleverley, Downing are playing quite well and their depth is unreal (still no Vidic, Ferdinard, Owen, Carrick, Fletcher).

Ferguson has done a great job of transforming the team from selling Keane, Beckham and Ronaldo, Scholes' retirement and still fielding as competitive a team as ever. It is early, but United will be tough to beat.

Gilly

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can be as ruthless as the next guy but I honestly felt sorry for Arsenal. Down 8 players and away to a team like United in THAT form. A recipe for disaster!

Thank goodness they aren't playing Citeh next week or Chelsea.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Affirmative...ManUre have nobody to blame but themselves and if the fans give him guff well they have their heads in the sand.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blame ourselves for what exactly ?? We paid £17 million for him and got 39 appearances out of him. He was basically hurt for the past 3 years. Personally, I couldn't give a toss if he went to Stoke, West Brom or fcuking Inter in the VMSL. However, nobody likes to see any of their 'players' go to their biggest rival.

Surely, you can pull your head out of the sand and realize that :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's a schmuck going to a club that has 5 better options in his position alredy ahead of him in the pecking order.

way to "save your career"

Idiot.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blame ourselves for what exactly ??

For going elsewhere.

I don't get the hate for Owen. Poor guy has been smitten by horrific injury luck and just because he goes to Man City he gets all this vitriol heaped upon him. I wonder if you'd all feel differently if he were your friend/family member? I wish him well. In fact I hope he revives his career and thrives. It's a shame to see a talent like that have to end his career because of injury.

But yes, let's wish more injury on the guy. Maybe he will also die young and you can all throw a party.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For going elsewhere.

I don't get the hate for Owen. Poor guy has been smitten by horrific injury luck and just because he goes to Man City he gets all this vitriol heaped upon him. I wonder if you'd all feel differently if he were your friend/family member? I wish him well. In fact I hope he revives his career and thrives. It's a shame to see a talent like that have to end his career because of injury.

But yes, let's wish more injury on the guy. Maybe he will also die young and you can all throw a party.

Say he played for AC and then went to Inter....... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0