Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup President's Cup Draws 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to see a good game, check out WRU vs Guilford. We just played them 2 weeks ago, and I will promise you there will be atleast 2 red cards given! Last time we played it got pretty scrappy and we had to finish 1-1.....So i know both teams will want some revenge!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
really!? Have they played anyone yet?

Go read the D3 thread and combined power rankings thread.

Fact is upstart/plucky D3 teams may be able to compete and run with the good D2 teams, but at the end of the day the D2 teams are better and more consistant, and I stand to be corrected.

Last year ACBC B and Us Nomads were the juggernauts of D3 :rolleyes: and were dumped out of cup at the second stage by decent to poor D2 teams.

Last year as a Valley D3 team we beat a VMSL D2 team in a friendly and even beat a Valley D1 team, it doesn't mean shite unless it is for points though ;)

Supersub

Sep 23, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
really!? Have they played anyone yet?

Go read the D3 thread and combined power rankings thread.

Fact is upstart/plucky D3 teams may be able to compete and run with the good D2 teams, but at the end of the day the D2 teams are better and more consistant, and I stand to be corrected.

Last year ACBC B and Us Nomads were the juggernauts of D3 :rolleyes: and were dumped out of cup at the second stage by decent to poor D2 teams.

Last year as a Valley D3 team we beat a VMSL D2 team in a friendly and even beat a Valley D1 team, it doesn't mean shite unless it is for points though ;)

I think they did beat the poco royals

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can Big Bag, Whistle Blower, or any other folks fill us in on the draw?

Do they just throw all the teams name tags in a pot and draw them, or do they seed by division?

All three Div 2 leaders have byes... Then the lest D3 team has a bye...
Games I am interested in:
Westcoast v Coq MF Ajax
Nomads v Abbotsford Arsenal
Dewd Celtic v Surrey Coyotes B (Inter Divisional Game :rolleyes:)
Rams v Knights

Who is Abbotsford United? Are they D3 or D2? They have ACBC...

Rams game is also inter divisional:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
good, I am of the mind now that we shouldn't be (nor should any D2 team) help them by giving them a friendly before cup play starts.

I remember last year we played with 10 men against the SFC Storm in Cloverdale with basically our B team, and the PCNC United guys came out to scout us, as we were due to play them the following game, and I remember sitting there listen to their snide remarks, and then we went and beat them.

Awesome.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could be an early exit for the Nomads:(

Westcoast could be gone as well..

no way man...not a chance. we will travel to abby and beat them on their home turf. we got a shitty draw last year, pulled together and prevailed against PCNC.

we have been playing to our competitors level anyway this year so I think this draw plays in our favour. we might have taken a weaker team too easy, so I think this is exactly what we need to bring our best.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like ND Titans gonna have their hands ful with the Peg Rangers....finally they get a tough team in the 1st round...can the titans magical cup runs over the years withstand an early hard fought test?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say what ever you want guys,,Its Cup time and anything can happen. Lots of unsigned players from the summer sign just for cup,remember that. Pickins good from the Multicultural league. There are tons of great ethnic players who hate to be out in the cold and Ive got first dibs,,Not fair to the guys I have you say,,well the way I look at it is they should be on top of div 2 if they want to stay on my club and they have sucked bigtime so far and I hate to lose. Whats good for my club is good for me. Thats soccer come Cup time anyways. Transfer deadline is January 15th too so watch a few guys jump ship too. Always happens. Just no one talks about it or says boo.It just kinda happens. But Im looking and signin as we speek. We dont drink till the fat lady sits back down. (I love Cup time)

bananaman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahaha, that is so funny. We just played the pumas two weeks ago and a brutal game against them, i'm guessing there will be some animosity left over that will make for an interesting game. and by that I mean even dirtier... game on... love how nomads keep yapping about a game last year when they beat us but still went out the next round... you'd think you won the cup just coz you beat us... oh well!

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think its a problem giving sentinel a bye they're probs on par with the top D2 teams anyways.

Nice to see you finally joined the Sentinel bandwagon SS ;)

Yes we did beat the Royals, 3-0 on their home turf, it was not a pretty game at that. It was also our first game together figuring out what positions we fit into and what not.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
mission vipors to do what we did last year....win lol
why does everyone question the titans they gave us the best run last year well them or acbc...either or would have won if we didnt as italian stallion and whalley couldnt compete with us in the final ;) lol jk

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mission vipors to do what we did last year....win lol
why does everyone question the titans they gave us the best run last year well them or acbc...either or would have won if we didnt as italian stallion and whalley couldnt compete with us in the final ;) lol jk

Well it's sorta true, we couldn't score on your keeper, even with open nets, and ours seemed to want to give you the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0