Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup President's Cup Draws 2008/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise,ya im sure they hate it, but thats soccer.
It is on ACBC anyways.
Remember its my team. My players are made well aware when joining that I always sign new players to improve the team. I cover all costs so its not like they paid so they get to play. Lots of teams do what I do they just dont say anything on here. You would be surprized on how many players call me every week to come out and lots come to our taining,ask my guys at least 1 player every week trys out. They dont make the starting squad so they quietly go back to their original team and no one knows they came and tried out. No hard feelings to anyone its just the way we do things here. I wanted to make Premier and now I want to make the Provicials. My goal for the Div 2 Reserve team is to make the B Provincials through cup play. I like div 2 more than div 1 because I dont want to play each other come cup time and i beleive div 2 is good enough for a Reserve squad. Also come cup time it gives the guys something to play for.The Kieth Miller Cup is a good tournament in the summer.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a complete draw. This year it looks like they they gave them out then maybe drew the rest, but who really knows.
these draws just happen randomly, is anyone ever allowed to go and witness this? like i mean every club should have the option of having one person present while the draw is taking place. that way IF they are actually doing it legit we cant say shite. and it would be optional so your club would be represented if they wanted to be. and if they chose not to be there then it's only fair that they waive their right to whine and bitch about it.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow, poor bigbag (never thought I'd say that), he orgainizes a cup format, (thank god first game is post christmas), and everyone is throwing darts, i don't really want to play a team from our division either, but christ o mighty league adminsistraion is a thankless job :)

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow, poor bigbag (never thought I'd say that), he orgainizes a cup format, (thank god first game is post christmas), and everyone is throwing darts, i don't really want to play a team from our division either, but christ o mighty league adminsistraion is a thankless job :)
yo homie, i never said no one appreciates what these people do for the league and for soccer in the valley. but its kinda weird when last year everything was all "random" when it came to cup draws and this year it wasn't, well at least thats what i hear. i'm just saying it should be fair, all teams pay same amount to play so why should hand picked teams get byes? IMO it should be 100% random draw even the byes. and if the bearcats or lufc rangers got byes then there's no problem because it's random. it was just an idea of having one club representative present for the draw, i think it's a decent idea if the league is going to do a draw at least it's optional if someone wants to go and see it.. no one wants to play teams that they will already be playing twice anyways, and plus its a good way to get inter-division competition. all people do is claim their division is the strongest....bla bla....then we all see all these matchups between teams in the same division.....cup draws should all be cross-over matchups for the first two rounds or at least the first round.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) put the draw on TTP... dont they do that for the provincial cup?

2) Who Fcuking cares? So the top div 3 team has a bye, and some bottom feeders play each other. No one cares enough about div 2/3 to actually rig/show bias in the draw. Stop whining and play the cards you are dealt, one week off, or one more game isn't going to make or break your cup run. You're all going to lose to the gunners eventually :cool:

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO it should be 100% random draw even the byes. and if the bearcats or lufc rangers got byes then there's no problem because it's random. it was just an idea of having one club representative present for the draw, i think it's a decent idea if the league is going to do a draw at least it's optional if someone wants to go and see it.. no one wants to play teams that they will already be playing twice anyways, and plus its a good way to get inter-division competition. all people do is claim their division is the strongest....bla bla....then we all see all these matchups between teams in the same division.....cup draws should all be cross-over matchups for the first two rounds or at least the first round.

How do you ENSURE cross-over matches in 100% random draw?

Does anyone really care if at the end of the season they played in the strongest group in div 2? Will that really make you feel better to be 3/4/5/6, or for taking an early exit from cup?

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good point jimmy...like the idea of cross matchups in the first round...shouldn't be allowed to face anyone in ur own division

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't be able to face someone just beacuse they're in your group? That's stupid. They did it the right way this year, giving byes to teams that have earned it, and then doing a random draw for the games. That's how it should be.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys I dont think anyone is cheeting or riggin the draw,,Really.
But I do have an Idea we can take to the league for next year.
How about a night at a restaurant where the draw is done live infront of whoever wants to sit in for food and a few drinks..Could be fun.
Plus with a laptop we could broadcast it sort of live to TTP for who ever cares at home.
Could raise money for the FVSL scholarship fund.
I know a few restaurants who would gladly give deals to have us on a slow night and get mentioned on here.
Just an Idea??? If you like this idea we can bring it up at the AGM. Im sure the league would welcome the idea. Hey we could make a FVSL Xmas gathering out of it.

klewis

Nov 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the point of the season then? Team's earn there byes first round by winning there division and doing well in regular season, im not saying we deserve a bye, nor do I care for one - I would much rather play first round anyways - so lets just stop bitching and saying its rigged and do what ghouse says and bring it up at the AGM or whatever it is.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys I dont think anyone is cheeting or riggin the draw,,Really.
But I do have an Idea we can take to the league for next year.
How about a night at a restaurant where the draw is done live infront of whoever wants to sit in for food and a few drinks..Could be fun.
Plus with a laptop we could broadcast it sort of live to TTP for who ever cares at home.
Could raise money for the FVSL scholarship fund.
I know a few restaurants who would gladly give deals to have us on a slow night and get mentioned on here.
Just an Idea??? If you like this idea we can bring it up at the AGM. Im sure the league would welcome the idea. Hey we could make a FVSL Xmas gathering out of it.

I like this kind of thinkin well done Ghouse

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the point of the season then? Team's earn there byes first round by winning there division and doing well in regular season, im not saying we deserve a bye, nor do I care for one - I would much rather play first round anyways - so lets just stop bitching and saying its rigged and do what ghouse says and bring it up at the AGM or whatever it is.

People don't like this mostly because your team got a bye. The top 3 Div.2 teams thats fine but a div.3 team?? not so much.

I like Ghouse's idea at a pub with some drinks and a draw would be a fun night.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
People don't like this mostly because your team got a bye. The top 3 Div.2 teams thats fine but a div.3 team?? not so much.

apparently the fvsl did this 3 or 4 years ago at a restaurant or something?..probably wasn't a hit that's why they stopped doin it...but i would totally be down for this.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

From what I've heard from people who've seen them play, you'd be lucky not to draw them. Based on their stats, regardless of division it's impressive enough to warrant a bye.

LC7

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've heard from people who've seen them play, you'd be lucky not to draw them. Based on their stats, regardless of division it's impressive enough to warrant a bye.

Well said :D

Why can't we be rewarded for our accomplishments, I know its Div 3 and you guys hacked me down when I said Div 2 was no different from 3. I was out game hopping when the snow storm hit, went from a div 2 game to a div 3 game. Blame it on the snow, I still don't see a difference, Div 2 is Div 3 on a pedestal.

Sorry

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LC7 ive seen you guys play and you have a good team and should do well in the cup, I hope we get to play you as I like playing the better teams.That being said,There is no way in my opinion that a div 3 team should have a bye. For one reason only. You are in div 3 ,(not for long but right now you are).The byes should be the div 2 teams with the best record when the draw happens. To be rewarded for just that. Makes sence and is the obvious thing to do. Obvious and fairness usually go hand in hand. I am not complaining cause I really dont give 2 shtis but I still like fairness.
Infact my team last year went 18-0 mabee a tie in there but whatever we never got a bye. no div 3 team did,,so why now? Just a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0