Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice W boys, game recap?

We scored 20 mins in on a shot from the center circle. their goalie came out to play a ball in the corner and couldnt get to the opposite post in time to stop the shot. 2nd goal was a through ball that their keeper slide tackled out winger who poked it by him, if it hadnt have gone in it would have been a sure red card. 3rd was another break away that ricky slotted under the keeper. They got a red card for kicking housearrest durring a corner. it was over by then. On to the winner of the Bullets v. Pylons. Both stocked with former GVSL players.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is GVSL? Is it plugs that just couldnt cut the "skills and talent" packed FVSL? lol!

Hey alot of FVSl teams came from there.
Sporting
Pylons
Bullets
Stars
Sundowner
Nomads
Poco Raiders
Sikh utd

and rumour has it there were Titans4Life sightings.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We scored 20 mins in on a shot from the center circle. their goalie came out to play a ball in the corner and couldnt get to the opposite post in time to stop the shot. 2nd goal was a through ball that their keeper slide tackled out winger who poked it by him, if it hadnt have gone in it would have been a sure red card. 3rd was another break away that ricky slotted under the keeper. They got a red card for kicking housearrest durring a corner. it was over by then. On to the winner of the Bullets v. Pylons. Both stocked with former GVSL players.

pretty well summed up......the difference in the game was the pressure we applied the whole game. The pressure on the ball was like nothing ive seen from us before. No matter what the situation, we pressured the ball and ball carrier like mad men causing them to make numerous mistakes and giveaways which lead to all of our goals.

By far best defensive game our team has played all year. I think I only had 3 shots all game and they were getting very frustrated because they couldn't create anything. The guy who kicked me in the back of the leg was a douche. got mad cause I shoved him a little out of the way cause I couldn't see the ball, winds up and just kicks be right in the back of the right leg, right below my knee. I get up right in his face saying if he ever tries that shite again I would knock him the fcuk out and he starts to pat my face 4 or 5 times trying to antagonize me! kept my cool, he got red and started chirping at me from the sidelines saying that "I can't take a tackle". Last I checked a swift roundhouse kick to the back of someone's legs ain't no tackle. Game was already 3-0 and done with and was probably just pissed. Still no room for that shite in soccer

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads well done...Abby Arsenal are a pretty good team..
They have to be the biggest team in the league for sure and are very intimadating (sp).

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know the policy on where teams play for cup games? Because once again we play on a saturday night, against a lowe level team in the standings, and we dont get our home turf time??? Quite odd in my opinion. And too boot, we only had 1 home game in our stetch last season and all were away!!! Maybe FVSL should check up on their policies....

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last 3 or 4 years we've played all our cup games on the road. This year its a shock we've got rd 1 and 2 at home. As far as I know its random draw.

Regardless I look forward to ND Titans v. WRU. We've had close games the last 3 years. Either ties or 1 goal games. And this year the season series is 1-1 (2-1 wins for each.). See you boys at Mackie on Saturday night!

bench warmer

Sep 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-1 Young guns over Miners. Cold game with snow and freezing rain. YG shoulda had about 10 goals... so many chances. Miners had 10 players barely came into our half until they got a gift of a pk from the shocking ref.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next round is up....

Draw is rigged!!!

Why you asked

Col Bcats/Langley Players - Wcoast/Coqu Ajax (bottom feeders play each other)

LUFC Rangers/LUFC Sport. - PM Rush/Poco Express

Top teams play each other

ACBC to Aldergrove

Port Moody Gunners 2C - Stolo Utd

Port Moody Lions versus Sentinel , Sentinel gets there wish to play a top team.
some really huge matchups...gunners should take stolo....acbc v aldy n sentinel v pm lions should really be the only motw for round 2....

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse, you guys gonna be a busy team the next little while, you guys play like 3-4 games within a two week time frame...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice, Nomads vs Pylons 7pm Willoughby East Turf on Saturday Night.

As far as I know, no birthday parties, injuries (other than me :( ) and no suspensions

Full squad for Saturday! :wa:

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regardless I look forward to ND Titans v. WRU. We've had close games the last 3 years. Either ties or 1 goal games. And this year the season series is 1-1 (2-1 wins for each.). See you boys at Mackie on Saturday night!
should be a good game this weekend, i am definately looking forward to it. 2 semi-finalists of lst year knockin heads! We will be a different team than u last saw in season tho. I myself wasnt there, and we had 4 mids and our main defender gone. Be ready 4 a good battle boys!

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
pretty well summed up......the difference in the game was the pressure we applied the whole game. The pressure on the ball was like nothing ive seen from us before. No matter what the situation, we pressured the ball and ball carrier like mad men causing them to make numerous mistakes and giveaways which lead to all of our goals.

By far best defensive game our team has played all year. I think I only had 3 shots all game and they were getting very frustrated because they couldn't create anything. The guy who kicked me in the back of the leg was a douche. got mad cause I shoved him a little out of the way cause I couldn't see the ball, winds up and just kicks be right in the back of the right leg, right below my knee. I get up right in his face saying if he ever tries that shite again I would knock him the fcuk out and he starts to pat my face 4 or 5 times trying to antagonize me! kept my cool, he got red and started chirping at me from the sidelines saying that "I can't take a tackle". Last I checked a swift roundhouse kick to the back of someone's legs ain't no tackle. Game was already 3-0 and done with and was probably just pissed. Still no room for that shite in soccer

You guys definetaly made us look like old men out there for sure. I guess when we only run once in a month it shows. We're a team that hates to lose and when we do it gets a bit ugly. Well done and good luck the rest of the way.

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we get a 3C side, PMO Magpies, in Rd. 2. They took out Whalley too, who are a pretty quality side. Anyone with any info on these guys? 5-3 is a pretty ridiculous scoreline, so I take it they're an offensive team, which fits great for a defense-first club like us.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we get a 3C side, PMO Magpies, in Rd. 2. They took out Whalley too, who are a pretty quality side. Anyone with any info on these guys? 5-3 is a pretty ridiculous scoreline, so I take it they're an offensive team, which fits great for a defense-first club like us.

Whalley is not a "pretty quality side" Go check how badly they lost to ACBC the weekend before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0