Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice, Nomads vs Pylons 7pm Willoughby East Turf on Saturday Night.

As far as I know, no birthday parties, injuries (other than me :( ) and no suspensions

Full squad for Saturday! :wa:

ya man, need to be around with us more. Sat is horrible for us. Missing at least 5 key guys if not more (3 defenders) to vegas and big white trips, work and so on and so forth.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys definetaly made us look like old men out there for sure. I guess when we only run once in a month it shows. We're a team that hates to lose and when we do it gets a bit ugly. Well done and good luck the rest of the way.

thx man, you guys were a quality side and we know that the chippiness at the end of the game was just a result of the scoreline and frustration. Nothing too outrageous. Understandable. Good luck with trying to get promotion

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
thx man, you guys were a quality side and we know that the chippiness at the end of the game was just a result of the scoreline and frustration. Nothing too outrageous. Understandable. Good luck with trying to get promotion
Thanks, but I think we're way past our glory days of Div.1. Been there done that, but it would be nice to have at least one more division title.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If ACBC wins during the week in their 1st round cup game, Kjohnsob and I are most likely gonna make the trip to Parkside to watch Aldy take on ACBC Sunday at noon. Anyone else interested? Should be a good tilt

Surrey99

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So we get a 3C side, PMO Magpies, in Rd. 2. They took out Whalley too, who are a pretty quality side. Anyone with any info on these guys? 5-3 is a pretty ridiculous scoreline, so I take it they're an offensive team, which fits great for a defense-first club like us.

Whalley played the game with 7 guys ( 1 goalie and 6 players) and lost the game 5-3. Any team should be able to roll over PMO Magpies - If we had even 10 guys or heck 11 we would have rolled PMO - but we didn't we lost, and for PMO - a win is a win!

Also Ref called the game with 20 minutes to go due to snow/ice starting to build up on the field.

True Whalley lost to ACBC - We are a team that are all over 30 now - so some games we have a full team some games we don't - we win some games, and some games we lose. I will tell you one thing MASRY when we have our full squad we will give anyone a run for their money and last time I checked ACBC is a MID PAC DIV 2 TEAM so they have nothing to talk smack about.

So just an FYI SONIC - PMO is a young team, if you play them physical they will let down.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Whalley lost to ACBC - We are a team that are all over 30 now - so some games we have a full team some games we don't - we win some games, and some games we lose. I will tell you one thing MASRY when we have our full squad we will give anyone a run for their money and last time I checked ACBC is a MID PAC DIV 2 TEAM so they have nothing to talk smack about.

True they were a "MID PAC DIV 2 TEAM" until they picked up their new signings. And you yourself should know that the score could have been more than just 7. Either way, we will see again on Sunday as we play you guys again. Kind of weird because if we win on wednesday we play a cup game at 11 and then a make up game at 7. Kind of interesting

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If ACBC wins during the week in their 1st round cup game, Kjohnsob and I are most likely gonna make the trip to Parkside to watch Aldy take on ACBC Sunday at noon. Anyone else interested? Should be a good tilt

That definatly should be a good tilt. Any information about Aldy house? Also maybe a prediction on the scoreline? Can we see if Franchise can get a poll going for this MOTW for Round 2

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That definatly should be a good tilt. Any information about Aldy house? Also maybe a prediction on the scoreline? Can we see if Franchise can get a poll going for this MOTW for Round 2

Aldy 3 - 1 ACBC ;)

ACBC folds under their size, just like they did to Abbotsford and the Clones.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When was the last time Aldy played? 2mths ago?

If ACDCs ringers (I mean new players) are as good as people claim, then I can see them winning comfortably (2 or 3 nil), if nothing more due to Aldy's lack of playing time.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldy 3 - 1 ACBC ;)

ACBC folds under their size, just like they did to Abbotsford and the Clones.

Again, ACBC played against abbotsford and the clones before the signings of these new players. I guess you guys just don't really understand how good these signings are.

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
When was the last time Aldy played? 2mths ago?

If ACDCs ringers (I mean new players) are as good as people claim, then I can see them winning comfortably (2 or 3 nil), if nothing more due to Aldy's lack of playing time.
That's rubbish. I'm sure a quality side like Aldergrove would have been keeping up the high intensity training over the break. Nonetheless, will be the best match of the weekend.

Rd. 2 predictions (i'm bored at work :p):
Poco Pacific over Guildford FC
LUFC Rangers over Poco Express
LUFC Wolves over Surrey Arsenal
GEU Phoenix over Surrey Heat
White Rock Utd. over North Delta Titans
LUFC Nomads over Surrey Pylons
North Coquitlam Utd. over PoMo Magpies
SFC Stars over Sikh Utd.
Sentinel over PoMo Lions <---- The 2nd best match of the weekend, a complete cracker. It's ridiculous that one of 'em has to be out in round 2 but, we're not complaining. Sentinel's GD can't be by accident though. Could well go to PK's
Surrey Storm over Dewdney Celtic
ACBC over Aldergrove Utd.<--- obviously another cracker, and another candidate for PK's
LUFC Athletica over Cloverdale FC
Coquitlam MF Titans over Langley Players
Bradner Redshirts over GEU Rams
PoMo Gunners over Sto'lo Utd. <---- 2 of 2C's best clubs... should be a chippy one. Gunners have a stellar record though
LUFC Young Guns over Coquitlam MF Titans <---- would normally go with Coquitlam but, as they have to play their Rd. 1 game the night before this one, I can't see them being able to field a 100% squad for Rd. 2

Then we're down to the Sweet 16 :cool:

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, ACBC played against abbotsford and the clones before the signings of these new players. I guess you guys just don't really understand how good these signings are.

I heard how great the fresh of the boat (er airplane) brazillians were and I saw them get man handled and frustrated by fat bald dudes. So my hopes are not high.

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard how great the fresh of the boat (er airplane) brazillians were and I saw them get man handled and frustrated by fat bald dudes. So my hopes are not high.
Different style of ball then what they're used to, one has to assume. I mean, where in Brazil are they gonna face two 35-year old, overweight tosser fullbacks from Surrey drunk off their gills and hacking at their calves? If they can get used to the ridiculously physical aspect of the FVSL, they'll do well

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

haha surprisingly, none of our signings are brazilians. One played premier in VMSL with AFC last year, the other played premier in VMSL with Surrey last year as well and he was on the u-20 national team with Dale Mitchell. Another played for Middlesboroughs u-17 squad, the keeper played with the Whitecaps youth teams and reserves, and another player was reffered by Dale Mitchell. So as you can see, none are fresh off the boat really except the english kid but hes got some real amazing quality

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
haha surprisingly, none of our signings are brazilians. One played premier in VMSL with AFC last year, the other played premier in VMSL with Surrey last year as well and he was on the u-20 national team with Dale Mitchell. Another played for Middlesboroughs u-17 squad, the keeper played with the Whitecaps youth teams and reserves, and another player was reffered by Dale Mitchell. So as you can see, none are fresh off the boat really except the english kid but hes got some real amazing quality
Well, with all full and due respect to the utter quality that is FVSL Division 2... what is a guy from the U20 Nat'l Team and a guy from 'Boro's youth squad doing in it? Were they promised a premier spot for next year maybeeee?

S'ok mate, you can tell us ;)

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
those players should all be playing premier to be honest, but they understand that the Cat team needs a Cup. Our premier team has far too many players either way. So We decided to grab some players to play for the Cup and take those players with us with PCSL as well. Who knows, maybe some will play premier next year, maybe they will all stay to go to Div 1 next year as well. But these guys are commited to the team and just want to play, no matter at what level

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's rubbish. I'm sure a quality side like Aldergrove would have been keeping up the high intensity training over the break. Nonetheless, will be the best match of the weekend.

Training is one thing, playing in a match is an entirely different story.

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
those players should all be playing premier to be honest, but they understand that the Cat team needs a Cup. Our premier team has far too many players either way. So We decided to grab some players to play for the Cup and take those players with us with PCSL as well. Who knows, maybe some will play premier next year, maybe they will all stay to go to Div 1 next year as well. But these guys are commited to the team and just want to play, no matter at what level
Yeah. Well, either way, the draw seems a bit dodgy to me. It's seems ridiculous that three of Aldergrove Utd., PoMo Lions, PoMo Gunners, Sto'lo Utd., Sentinel and ACBC are going to be out in round 2, while there are at least 3 all Div. 3 match-ups. With respect to the Div. 3 guys, there needs to be some kind of seeding system with the draw. I understand its done to give hope and extend the season of some of the more quality Div. 3 sides but... still. When I see Pomo Gunners vs. Sto'lo Utd., and then an all mid-table Div 3C match-up, I can't help but frown.

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another played for Middlesboroughs u-17 squad

No offence, but u-17 doesn't mean much. I played on school teams with half a dozen guys signed to pro-team youth squads.

I'm assuming he was cut from the u-18 squad, and that's why he isn't currently playing EPL...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0