Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: P

This is the problem with the VMSL... Not enough teams have ties with youth clubs that actually have their own facilities!!! Shitty old bad grass pitches will turn your league into a friday night lights on turf league!!! GAY :rolleyes:

The city of Surrey has full park facilities (good grass, turf, changerooms with showers and doesn't monitor drinking) that anyone would be envious of... As a result, the standard in the FVSL is picking up as well... ;)

Updated grass facilities was just something I found VERY frustrating in the VMSL.

he said good grass.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance of a new suit.........1980s will always be a important part of me........:D

Reachoutandtouchfaith CSC

Polyester was so 70s, KNVB...........I might actually be wearing the MEXX jacket that I 'borrowed' from Reedie one year........1991 if I'm not mistaken. Remember that one, Reedie? Still getting good mileage out of it. I have taken the shoulder pads out though, as I almost fit into it now. :(

Yes, remember it well. It was purchased for a Big Block dinner at UBC circa 1989. Holy shite, that is almost 20 years ago...where did that go? Anyway, if you wouldn't mind checking the pockets I'm still looking for a phone number I got one night from the Pit...an absolute cracking older bird...about 33 as I remember it...let's see, that would make her 53...

As for the shoulder pads, I think you'll find they are easily transferrable to the suit pants...crotch and/or hoop.

Good luck in your upcoming games mate!

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not that I view a lot of games, however since i was in town just got back from the van is jackson cup....left with the gorge leading 4 -1...i suspect that inter will have no problem with the treights as they looked to be a very weak side indeed. gorge looked pretty solid, but very hard to tell as the competetion just wasn't prov cup caliber.

wednesday

Jun 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there more than one field at Van Tech? I see games 4 and 2 scheduled for noon and 2:30. The bcsa site shows a U18 game at 1:30.

lookinsideurface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off... cheers to Regs and the boys for this site...always good to get on at this time of year when the "real" season begins.
We have a bulletin board on the VISL site, but alot of people can't take the piss out of each other or themselves without getting their panties all tied up.. so they demand people sign it as well...kinda defeats the purpose.....
So....just wanted to let the Vancouver teams know that despite the post regarding the Jackson Cup result..... Vantreights are a very good squad. They were missing a couple key players, and if they have a full group... they will surprise people. Don't know if they can knock off the big boyz over there, but they will perform alot better than in the Jackson.
I am enjoying the week off to rest up.
Good luck this weekend.
GET ER GOIN:knvb:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga keeping a tight lip - unlike yourself. Did the higher-ups muzzle you?:D Come on, man, give us the details! You just rolled the Lions last night.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-0??? Did the Lions even show up or do no shows go to a 4-0 scoreline? Did the Lions have enough players for a starting 11?

Scoopy1

Jul 26, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You sound surprised:confused:

Of course they had 11, it's just a normal result for a VMSL vs. FVSL provincial cup game. A one goal game would have been more surprising.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You sound surprised:confused:

Of course they had 11, it's just a normal result for a VMSL vs. FVSL provincial cup game. A one goal game would have been more surprising.

Actually it's a pisstake... hence the name.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had 90% of the ball, scored on two penos (TK and Cucca), should of had another.

They had one spell in the first half, Lindley made a great save. TK scored again and De Blazz rounded out the scoring.

We bent them over sort of like Indo did to us in the Imperial Cup right CS! ;) It was really no contest, as we ran all over them and were just too good for them! They did hit the post in the last few minutes, when zenga was in the pipes.

Next week should be a great game!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had 90% of the ball, scored on two penos (TK and Cucca), should of had another.

They had one spell in the first half, Lindley made a great save. TK scored again and De Blazz rounded out the scoring.

We bent them over sort of like Indo did to us in the Imperial Cup right CS! ;) It was really no contest, as we ran all over them and were just too good for them! They did hit the post in the last few minutes, when zenga was in the pipes.

Next week should be a great game!

You're a good sport, Zenga. :) Well done and good luck next week. :)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 3 Firemen 2

We went up 2:0 early. Firemen got 2 back. We scored the winner with about 10 to go. We should have had 4-5 mor goals, but couldn't finish. Officiating was horrendous, especially the linesmen on the North Side of the field. The pitch looked very small.

Onto Metro Ford.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2 - Indo 0

Not a very exciting game however there was a huge gust of wind near the end of the second half. KNVB may be able to explain further:D

Cheers
JB

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0