Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 results from div. 1 B

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREDICTIONS

Vcr Olys vs Pt.Grey Oly's on a streak 3-1
Bosna vs Norburn 1-4 could be the final nail in the coffin
Polska vs Norvan 2-2 Should be a good one
Pinger's vs Club I 1-2 Club I is no Bosna
Croatia vs Lobbans 4-5 Should be another shoot out but a must win for the Lobbans if they want to stay in the hunt.

The Ghost:D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1-1 Lobbans

I won't lie here and say we should've won. With only 2 subs and most of our guys strolling in at 1:30 only to see Croatia already warmed up with about 20 odd(looking) guys, I thought it had the makings of a lumping! Our game plan was simple-"Operation Minnesota Wild" and frustrate the fcuk out of the Croats. It worked to a charm and we even took the lead at the 60 min. mark with a very typical Lobbans goal. Inspector to Ghost on a 50yrd rope, headed back,which was finished by The Inspectors little bro---routine..! Croatia equalized, deservingly, in extra time, which was the last kick off the game. Croatia are now stacked to the tits, but on the day there is no better team in div 1 defensively than the Lobbans. Too much pace!! Wow:eek: , here come the comments, I'll take the first caller now!! Posession was about 70-30 for Croatia, but were shut down every time they entered our 30. All the big names were shut down, but the right half/winger who came on in the 2nd was probably their most dangerous player and gave us problems. CDK, why didn't he start?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Croatia 1-1 Lobbans

Originally posted by Inspector Blake
CDK, why didn't he start?

You have to ask Darkmeat. I don't know too much about Croatia this year.

I did watch today's game and have to say that it wasn't your defence that looked good today. You guys were getting ripped apart down the wings and through the middle. It was really just Croatia's poor finishing, you guys throwing 8 men in your penalty area and some good saves from your keeper that kept this one from being a Croatia blow-out. It was fun game to watch though...

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
typical

Like I said your lot had pleanty of posession, but once in our half there was little creativity on your part, especially in our 35. We ate up everything and anything that came through the middle! Your missed opportunities were all flotting balls from the wings, like you said. I don't remember 1 clear chance coming straight through the middle:confused: Lack of creativity once in our half was your problem. Pesch(sp) was invisible for the most part. We definitely depend on our pace at times on the back line, but when you got it........? We should've exploited your defense line a little more. Your middle line is strong in comparison to the rest of your team, but they probably didn't count on so much pace:cool: I'll say this though, you guys are the team to go up. No brown nosing there, just my opinion. You guys are a better team than Polska. The game between you 2 will probably decide who goes up. CDK, you're probably right about waiting for darkmeats view as yours was a little inacurate.;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 2 Binger's Army 0

I believe we deserved the win today. We had a missed penalty too. Parkhead, any comments? :D I have no idea who scored the first but John Lawrence scored the second, his 6th in less than 24 hours. He scored 5 goals against Croatia Classic yesterday. Anyway, I still can't figure Binger's system out. Unorthodox would be an understatement. However, we did what we had to. We needed the 3 points and next week is huge for the Hoops, especially before out Christmas fundraiser......

Our women both tied today.....

Captain

SashiLalu

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...i still can't figure Binger's system out...

LOL!! ...ahem, er, i believe doug schultz said it best: binger's plays a 4-4-2. four guys on the backline, four guys in the midfield and two guys running onto the pitch at five after...

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
blake's vision

..."but once in our half there was little creativity on your part, especially in our 35. We ate up everything and anything that came through the middle! Your missed opportunities were all flotting balls from the wings, like you said. I don't remember 1 clear chance coming straight through the middle Lack of creativity once in our half was your problem."

How do you play creative against a team that throws all 10 players in their own third of the field? You guys do defend well, but you've gone overboard with your comments. We were just trying to get it wide and get crosses in...which you guys cleared with relative ease. We managed to get numerous good scoring chances , but did not finish. You don't finish, you dont deserve to win.

Things you overlooked(and i have the worst memory):
- your keeper robbed peschi with a great right arm save in the 1st half
- same guy hit the post with a header from 5 yards out, and also hit the moon with a sitter from about 8 yards out
- twice, a deflected shot fortunately hit your keeper right in the chest

...but no, we had no chances at all???

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deserving?

Cpt,

Not sure you guys deserved the win. That said bingers did not deserve to win. Both Ires goals had elements of good fortune. The first was a deflection off our defenders shin from a harmles shot taken I am pretty sure by your left back with the Beckham like metrosexual hairdo. Your second goal came off a breakaway resulting from our center back who lost his footing as he tried to play the ball. Wrong guy to give a free breakway as he displayed some nice finish. I thought there was better ball movement in the second half although lacking finish generated more chances.

Boogienights

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
boogie,

after having said all that, why does Club Ireland not deserve the win?

Wouldn't the two goals Club I scored in the contest versus Binger's tally of zero goals suggest that Club I deserved to win?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boogie,

You guys had some good chances too but I thought we defended very well when we needed to. Our sweeper had an excellent game and our keeper did what he had to do. Mike missed a sitter for you guys when the score was 1 - 0 and that could have turned things around. Overall, I thought we created enough chances to deserve the win. Good luck the rest of the way. On to the Bosnans on Saturday.

Jinky, how did the surgery go and how are you doing?

Captain

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice win by the C.I. bhoys on the weekend. That looks to have left them safe from the drop for this year.

Parkhead, missed peno????

Good luck in weeks to come.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everything went fine thanks.

It's very painful right now but all in all I think I deserve a good recovery.

~cheers.

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dinky you have a point

It is true 2 goals versus O goals suggests the Ires deserved to win. However, based on the play which I thought was quite even, and the fact both your goals had elements of luck, the contest could have gone in favor of Bingers had the breaks gone the other way. Nevertheless you guys finished those breaks and the win was well....taken. Well done. Anyhow the result was not what we had hoped and now we continue our mediocre fight to stave off relegation.

Boogienights

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
swept up

Cpt.,

Yes your sweeper played well. With exception to a few fire drills in the second half your back line was stronger than the last time we played you guys. You should have some fun against Bosna.

Boog

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
darkmeat, I agree with most of what you said! I don't believe I said your team had no chances at all, just that nothing happened down the middle! 10 guys in our own third was too, a little overboard! A good turn out for the game and yes, I'd have been happy with a draw before the game started, but the last kick of the game was a tough pill to swallow:mad: I've heard reports that your coach is considering a protest because he felt the refereeing was that bad. Hope this is not the case as I'm sure you'll agree how easy it is to get caught up in all the crap your older fans, and some young, dished out at the ref on every call no matter how obvious he was right. At times it was embarassing. I'm only glad the ref was able to block it out. I'll be at the Croatia/Polska game cheering for your lot, because realistically 2nd place is what we can only hope for. Lets only hope this possible protest is only a rumour, cause we don't need a Serbia like team on our side:( I can't see you guys having too many problems from here on in as you've already played your only real competition twice now:cool

Best of luck, and we'll see what we can do for you this weekend!

The Inspector..

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK, when you've played at 2 National titles and 4 B.C. finals to name a couple(have you ever heard of them:cool: ), then you need not ask that question:rolleyes:
Pinhead.........!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0