Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roster Changes...turnover

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours are swirling that Kindell, Clarke, Jordan, Lyall, and Valente has all been let go due to not being able to commit to year round training, or at least not without substantial pay to match.

These are just rumours from another board, therfore I have no source to site or anything lack that.

Clarke being let go after his performances leaves me scratching my head...but (and no personal attacks here) Valente, Lyall, Kindell, and JJ were either past it (JJ) or nearing the end (Lyall, Valente, Kindell), maybe the least being Valente who could have kept contributing imho, the others, I'm not too sure.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read about it in the paper about how it will be hard for the Cap's to keep the home grown talent playing due to the year round schedule.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumours are swirling that Kindell, Clarke, Jordan, Lyall, and Valente has all been let go due to not being able to commit to year round training, or at least not without substantial pay to match.

Sounds very disrespectful to the local guys who have been very dedicated over the years and have been integral parts of the two championships (not JJ this year) but Clarke as your captain and Kindel as a starter for however many years - typical Bobaduzzi and Whitecaps moves. Reminds me a lot of Oly Heald...

No respect for the guys that the local soccer fans connect to.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear that Megs, I do...however these are the sort of things that professional teams have to do, the Caps are trying to go from a part-time semipro club to a year round fully professional team in the North American topflight (MLS)

Sitting back and removing any sort of connection to the "Vets" has me thinking, why (not clarke who was immense all year) kindell, valente, lyall, and JJ could (probably) be easily replaced on the field by kids from the residency program after they ran to the PDL finals with a mostly 18 and 19 year old kids. Why should the WFC organisation potentially block the development of future MLS all stars to be loyal to the long term vets?

Replacing them off the field (in locker room and community) is a different story as I'm sure all of these guys are involved in youth programs in some capacity, I know Clarke is the TD at Guildford Soccer.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to see the Whitecaps become more of a professional club. But haven't we been hearing that for the last five years? But being professional is more than just year round training. They have to pay these guys year round, professional salaries. The local players have traditionally been underpaid while the imports get the long-term, more substantial contracts. Nobody is getting rich, but these local guys can't live off what the 'Caps pay them.

I would suspect Clarke, Kindel and Valente wouldn't be part of any Vancouver MLS team. But as arguably three of the most recognizable faces on the club, and three of the most community committed individuals, they would have played key roles in helping to maintain that most important bridge between club and community when they really need it most.

Unfortunately, there's less and less reason to go watch the Whitecaps. I gave up on the women's program years ago, and I'm not going to pay to go watch a group made up of second-rate Americans and wet-behind-the-ear kids.

The Whitecaps have developed tunnel vision with their goal of professionalism, so much so that they have lost touch with the community. They continue to throw away the players that really establish the club, both on and off the pitch. (At least when the Lions do it, Buono has the balls to be up front with his reasons: Philosophical differences? What the hell is that?)

This is also the same club that has essentially erased a decade of history from the records. As someone who grew up in the 86ers era, NOT the 1979 Whitecaps, it bothers me that the Whitecaps don't do enough to build on the teams and players of that era. Kindel, Valente, Clarke (and Jordan, Nash and Lyall for that matter) really remind me of the likes of Mobilio, Catliff, McDonald, Sudeyko, and so. Local players, quality footballers proud to represent not only their club but their community, on and off the pitch.

It's somewhat ironic, I suppose, that the Whitcaps seem so willing to part ways with local lads, when the original "local boy done good" is running the show.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
They are making room for the Sounder stars that won't be making the jump to MLS.
I don't think we will see any youth infusion.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lyall or JJ are not Technical Directors with any youth soccer clubs in the area. The other three boys are, and it sounds like they don't want to give up those positions for the Caps. I sure hope this is not the case, but if it is, that is a sad way to treat the local players that were so loyal to this team over the last 10 years.

hos

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have, since posting the news above, found out the real scoop on what went down, and it is truly stinky...but don't want to get anyone in any sort of trouble, so I will leave it at that.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have, since posting the news above, found out the real scoop on what went down, and it is truly stinky...but don't want to get anyone in any sort of trouble, so I will leave it at that.

I also have the most incredible news ever, that everyone would want to know. But I can't say anything :rolleyes:

Why intrigue us JBN?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
They won the Cup. All three have jobs with other clubs. They can not go to practices and do their jobs. And most of all they did not like the coach. That would be the only reason. One of the guys did not want to play In BC program one year because they did not like the coach. That guy took the BCteam to Nationals and won with out them. Sometimes what goes around comes around.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lenarduzzi was on Team1040 today. All he said was that there were 'philosophical differences' and that everyone 'agreed not to go into specifics', at least 'not at this time'. This IS stinky. Of course, the local press has their collective nose so far up the Whitecaps arse that they'll never take it any further.

When was the last time a reporter actually did any journalistic work when it came to the Caps? All the papers do is send someone out to games to recap the match, give Bobby his self-promotion piece in the tabloid, throw out the occassional fluff piece and regurgitate Whitecaps pressers.

If the media was as serious about soccer as they are the Canucks or the Lions, they'd be all over this. We'd be hearing any one of these three on the radio, not just the President. We'd see theories from pundits. And there's been other stuff going on with the 'Caps this off-season that have been brushed off without so much as a 'hold on a minute there' from the local media.

Paul Chapman claims to be a soccer guy. Let's see him put his money where his mouth is, and let's see his newspaper treat the Whitecaps like they would the Canucks or the Lions.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Bob does not add any Canadian kids to his 2009 roster. Than he should look in the mirror and say. I no longer beleave in Canada. Second, he might as well take the American cityisenship.
Just look at it this way. MLS American kids get the jobs. Canadians pay for them. How about our kids. How about Victoria ,Edmnoton Calgary Saskatoon and a Winapeg add A league clubs. Canadian kids get fifty percent of jobs. Mitchell and Dasovic and Fanseca get a place to work and develop National talent. I give huge credit to Mr. Sputo to do what he did. We need more guys like him. Think of your own kids first. And give them jobs. It is not always about first place or a cup. It is about our Canadian development. And our kids.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Major Junior Soccer League (a la Major Junior Hockey)! The only way we are going to improve and develop talent that will be good enough for MLS and beyond!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Major Junior soccer league would work. All they would have to do is to cross over twice in a summer for BC teams to play Alberta teams. Use it as a tournament format.
Winer moves on to play Winner of other two provinces. That would cut down on a coasts of travel. PCSL league vs a Alberta league like PCSL. That would be a small step in a posative direction. Final resalt we still need two A league clubs in our western region. Kelowna Calgary or Edmonton would do.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if your really wanna know what happened......These guys decided to tell Bobby how they did not like the coach and what he was doing and what needed to be changed and Bobby replied by telling them to go take a hike....WELL DONE BOBBY..since when do players have the right to go tell the Gm to get rid of the coach after he just won a championship. These guys are also TD's at local clubs hahahah looks like the development of BC soccer players is in the right direction lol too funny!

Djones i heard your a shitty coach! Why would u take your best player off when the game is tied at half and i do know the player was not injured wow !

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Major Junior soccer league would work. All they would have to do is to cross over twice in a summer for BC teams to play Alberta teams. Use it as a tournament format.
Winer moves on to play Winner of other two provinces. That would cut down on a coasts of travel. PCSL league vs a Alberta league like PCSL. That would be a small step in a posative direction. Final resalt we still need two A league clubs in our western region. Kelowna Calgary or Edmonton would do.

Mr Base you should change your name to Way off Base a Alberta league like PCSL are u stupid! We already have a better league we don't need to go down a level! As for BOBBY he did the right thing and honestly he is in charge of a PRO team not a BC or Canada select team he can choose a player from any country KEEP GOING BOBBY cut them all and keep winning.

PS i wouldn't be surprised if he starts signing Alberta players (there used to winning)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Larson you sound like real Canadian. Your word is get rid of all Canadians and bring in forners. Well now what does that say for your youth development in Canada. Whitecaps are charging as much as two three thousand a summer for kids to be developed. FC Toronto is bringing in four new Canadians to their side. That is dam nice. As far as Alberta socccer. You guys do not even have a A league side. That alone sas it all.
First try PCSL and then you will see where you stand. Most of the teams are seven hour ride from alberta. Senior men provintial tournament is just for boys to get together and get drunk. Most of them are over thirty five in that playdown. Only few young guys make it at the senior men level. It is a boddy system as you should know.
Stick with your own player and build a better league for our kids. That is the wish of almost all of the Canadian kids.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as Alberta socccer. You guys do not even have a A league side. That alone sas it all.
First try PCSL and then you will see where you stand. Most of the teams are seven hour ride from alberta. Senior men provintial tournament is just for boys to get together and get drunk. Most of them are over thirty five in that playdown. Only few young guys make it at the senior men level. It is a boddy system as you should know.
Stick with your own player and build a better league for our kids. That is the wish of almost all of the Canadian kids.
Can start by getting rid of people that are in charge of the youth leagues that have never played the game!

WAY OFF BASE again . you should really look into changing your name. But i will give you one thing we do not have a A-league team you got me there.

Ok now for a little lesson for you MR. Way off Base provincial is spelled like this not provintial. lol

Alberta Soccer at Nationals u-14 3rd place
u-16 2nd place
u-18 1st place
Men's 1st place
Masters 1st place

as you can see (hopefully) we are develpoing are players to become better as they get older , it is hard to say that about any other provinces.. Not to mention most of our elite players tend to head overseas and play for very big clubs ex. Owen Hargreaves - Man Utd
Asmir Begovic - Portsmouth
Lars Hirschfeld - CFR Cluj
Zach Kalthoff - Southampton
Matthew Lam - Ajax
Kevin McKenna- FC Koln
Issey Nakajima-Farran- FC Nordsjælland
Tam Nsaliwa - AEK Athens just to name a few

But i do agree with you we do need a Canadian Pro League but What Bobby did was magic cause no player is bigger then the club. Just because they are a canadian pro team does not mean they have to pick canadians. Try telling Sir Alex he can only pick English players to fill up his Utd squad.

Now regarding PCSL that league is a beer league at best i should know i played in it . There is no comparison to the Alberta Major League , PCSL is a joke compared to the Major League again i should know i played in it as well. I hope this is a good lesson for you Mr.Way of Base and hope u come away with something.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0