Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roster Changes...turnover

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If thats is true. Good for him. That club is in MLS. That is the type of player Jacob is.
We wish him all the best.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is nice to see Joston Thompson on the whitcaps roster sheet. I was watching the team practice. Speed is going to be huge factor. Club looks mutch slower than last year.
Size did go up. Maybe with youth it will change.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is nice to see Joston Thompson on the whitcaps roster sheet. I was watching the team practice. Speed is going to be huge factor. Club looks mutch slower than last year.
Size did go up. Maybe with youth it will change.

that was u in the bushes

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska some how I think you like it up the back way. You always talk about the bushes and some funney quirks.
There is few good looking mams that I would like to play with where ever but the coast is far to mutch. Could be hopless after that. Not an good idea.
Long hair Rick is your man. Not I.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jacabs name is not on the Seattle Sounders roster yet. If he did sighn good on him.
I just do not understand, they always talk how they want to develop Canadian soccer,yet almost all the players come from US. There is many Canadian kids in US Schools .What is wrong with them?
Fifth place from the top with all the Canadian players is always better than the first place with outsiders. No logic behind it. ??? Why do Canadians pay.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try and keep up, Lensky is not with Seattle nor Vancouver now.

Lennard Bobbiduzzi referred to him as "troubled" over the weekend.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lensky (I don't know him personally) is a flake.

"troubled" may be the best way to describe him

I have talked to those who do know him and his situation, or at least claim to... and it is that he left Holland because he couldn't get over injuries, didn't make friends with his teammates, didn't get to know the language, was an introvert and shut in, and was homesick, and then when a management change happened, he refuse to try to start from scratch and re assert himself to impress a new manager.

He is now home, has a brief tryout stint with the Caps, then leaves unannounced and shows up in Seattle to the WFC surprise, then bails on them without really communicating why...

All the while burning up bridges (as far as I can tell) everywhere he goes flaking out.

forgive me if I have passed along mis-truths about him, I am just passing along info that was given to me by people that claim to be in the know.

Imagine the amount of people that would kill to have his skills that actually have the heart, brain, and commmittment to make something special out of those skills. :(

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very good player. Does not alow anybody to pull a fast one over him.
Nine out of ten money was the problem. Like rest of the players here. You can not make a living playing ball for Caps. You have to have other means to suport your self. It is only ok for young guys, And mom and dads chow club house. You will make enough for beer and sendwich when you go on road. We wish him all the best.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Uh-huh, so what your saying is going around burning bridges is how Lensky is "protecting" himself from being exploited!?

carry on :rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What bridge is that. He knows they do not want any Canadians. God forbid some one will stand up to their BS. Take money from Canadian folks and use Americans to play. Now that is extreamly bright spot. To me it takes each and every one of us to build soccer in Canada. Canadian players must be the main part. Add three outsiders and build a power house. Give our kids hopes. Give our nacional program player or two.
Parents and kids should not support that type of sytem.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you high today? or did you forget your meds today?

The WFC is a professional team, they are in business to make money, field an entertaining and prodcutive squad.

So they cut 3 or 4 aging Canadian Veterans, big deal.

They are developing many awesome youngsters that are Canadian (Have you ever heard of Ethan Gage!?)

Jacob Lensky is a flake, full stop. It has sweet Fcuk All to do with him being Canadian, Icelandic, Somalian, or Martian. And vice versa, Lensky obviously doesn't want to play professionally, either that or he has the same chemical imbalance you have.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blunose i am glad you like to smoke Bobs pipe. Let me tell you Lensky will not. It is due to Canadian folks that the club has a place in the league. They are the ones paying for it. Now you can think it is all about Pro Club. Stop and think a bit. If you do not have at least half of the players from Canada then what the heck for?
We all like Bob and the owner. But if they want to build a new place to play in and a go to MLS. Than the folks from this city will vote for it. If they go about it the way it is, it is going to be gods most afull to see ten thousend people in a sixty thousan place.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Freebase,

Enough is enough. You are wrong.

1) I do not smoke Bob's pipe. I am amongst the most critical of all WFC Supporters of him and his management style.

2) The whitecaps last year had the highest content of Canadian Players on their side of all 3 teams in Canada (Montreal and TO being the others)
The Caps had 56.4% of all man-minutes-played last year being played by Canadian Content. And that was even higher through the playoffs at 64.7%
source: Out Of Touch: Vancouver Whitecaps: Canada's most Canadian pro team!

3) They cut and released three aging Canadian Vets...But have signed Keegan Ayre, Marcus Haber, Promoted Ethan Gage to full time first team.

Officially over the last season and off season to date the Caps have released 15 Canadians of the 28 players released total (53% of released contracts belonged to Cancuck Kids). In contrast and have signed and brought in 9 Canadians of the 18 total, not including Ayre who is still trialling with a few other Canadians... (50% of a reduced number)

Looking at projections on who will be starting and playing minutes of the current roster you have 5-7players that will start in the starting 11 in Nash, Gage, Bonsu, Lyall, Trafford, Haber and Gbeke You also have currently 16 players listed on the residency program, only 3 of which are not Canadian.

4) "Canadian folk" are not the ones paying for this club, 1 is...his name is Greg kerfoot. He runs this club at a loss year in year out since taking over from dingle nuts that almost wrecked this franchise alltogether.

5) The club at the grassroots level is operating in all areas of Metro Vancouver...I highly doubt they are importing yanks and grenadians and haitians to play U-13 football. The teams are filled with local kids to play at an elite level, which they do quite well at.

6) They have a place to play, BC Place, and nobody voted for it, it is done. The Caps will be there MLS or not, in 2010.

try and do some research before popping off.

Lensky is not on the team because he doesn't want to be, not because he thinks the Caps do a poor job of promoting/developing Canadian Talent.

How many games have you been to in the last few years?! Do you have a clue? I have only missed a handfull of games in the past 4 years. Know your shite or close your mouth.

Give Me Strength:rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In case anyone missed it here is, regarding Lensky:

Jan 19th: Dutch Newspaper gets the reason why Lensky left Holland: 'GROOT VERSCHIL TUSSEN VAN MARWIJK EN KOEMAN' - V-Bal! translated here: Out Of Touch: The Lensky interview

Jan 27th: Lensky shows up for WFC Training as a trialist: Finding urge to play again

Jan 29th: Lensky leaves Vancouver WFC Training Camp, unannounced, to leave to Seattle Sounders FC: Sounders | FC adds Lensky | Seattle Times Newspaper Blog

Jan 31st: Lensky opts out of offer to trial with SSFC. Sounders | Sounders FC camp highlights, Day 8 | Seattle Times Newspaper

Feb 2: Lensky is not returning to WFC Training. Rumours swirl this was not his choice, but the clubs... Lensky revisited - Back of the Net

Feb 7: On the "It's called football show: Bob Lenarduzzi called Lensky "a troubled kid" He was offered a two year contract and then bolted to Seattle, then flaked there. Metro - Toronto : Blog : It's Called Football! - The TFC Blog : Its Called Football Show (Feb. 7)

Looking at all of this I get a few perceptions on Lensky.

1) He was probably the product of a father living vicariously through his son. Supremely talentd but burnt out too early. Fair enough.

2) He is a headcase full stop.

One of the other or a combination of the two has to be the case...

My oft-meaningless $0.02

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0