Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2004/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Dundee United 0 on an apparent own goal off of a Thompson free kick. The ground is very slick and the ball was driven low across the box......

And Hartson just fcuked up again.......He is a fcukign minger.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HT - Celtic 1 Dundee United 0

Celtic have created 6 attempts on goal to Dundee United's 0 but we haven't had any really good chances. They had one cross which Roberto Duran Douglas missed and fortunately there was no DU player at the end......

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DU have taken over the game a bit now......and MON has yet to make a change....He NEEDS to get Hartson/Thompson out and replace them with Beattie/McGeady.......

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
73 mins: Celtic make the first substitution of the game with Joos Valgaeren replacing John Hartson.

Capatian,
Is this the end for fat boy in a tic jersey ?

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Capatian" Captain- that's better in a hurry this morning swim lesson for Billy Boy junior. :eek:

Well done the tic. Might take away a little of the pain of coming in 2nd best in the league. :rolleyes:

I guss the re-building starts now!.I can't see the tic board allowing the mess of the 90's to happen again! :( Wonder where these guys will be next year?

Billy Boy senior :D

God bless and good luck to the O'neills.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy Boy,

I hope so.

Well done to the Bhoys for a cup win which they deserved. I have a feeling that we will be losing more than Hartson over the next little while..... :(

I have a feeling that Petrov is off to Everton, Bellamy is off, and Balde is off to Bayern Munich. We do need major changes but I think we really need to keep Petrov. As for the rest, they are replaceable.....

God bless MON and his family.

Hail Hail

P.S. Nice words, Billy Boy Senior

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some more good news....

Something to smile about at least

There was more good news for Celtic fans attempting to work out next season’s line-up in the comments of Stilian Petrov, the Bulgarian midfielder who played in O’Neill’s first competitive game in charge, against Dundee United in August 2000. The 25-year-old is thought to be interesting Everton, but took the oppor-tunity to scotch all speculation linking him with a move.

“The new manager will have a different way to work,” said Petrov. “I don’t know much about him but we will find out in pre-season. I still have a two-year contract and expect to be here. There has always been speculation but I will be here for pre-season.”

Petrov was also a ringleader in ensuring that O’Neill, John Robertson and Steve Walford went up to claim the trophy. “We wanted to get Martin the trophy and hold it,” Petrov said. “He deserved that, in fact he deserved more. We were really disappointed we didn’t win the league for him.”

That does make me feel a whole lot better to be honest. I didn't think he was going anywhere but it's nice to hear him say it.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jackie Mac Testimonial

Wow, one day after they play a Testimonial?

Anyhow I see the Republic beat Celtic 1-Nil today on a goal by Robbie Keane as I listen to Clyde 1 right now.
Larsson also played for Celtic which is also cool I suppose as this was MON's last game.
45,000 people they say at Parkhead today - Not bad.

I had no idea McNamara was leaving actually.

Where is he going?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF,

He's not necessarily leaving but he just completed his 10th year with the club. I watched the game this morning and there was some good football being played by both teams but also there were some nasty tackles too...

Lubo and Henke came on in the second half, along with Simon Donnelly. In all 32 players took part in the game. It was very emotional at the end when MON spoke to the crowd. I hope Jackie stays next year as I think he has at least another two good years in him......As for Hartson. :mad: and Thompson.......

Celtic will be a new team next year........I see Douglas,Sylla(fcuk he's rubbish), Bellamy, Balde, Hedman, Valgaaren, Fernandez, and possibly even Maloney gone from the squad. Petrov will be there at the start, probably to check how Strachan runs things......Niemi will be in Celtic's goal next year which I believe will make a huge difference over the past few season......

The good thing is the Huns are still rubbish, despite winning the league or shall I say Celtic handing it to them. Both teams need major changes but McLeish figures his squad is strong enough at this point. :D Good one, Ginger Pubes....

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats for the 32nd win which is 32 more than the Irish have in World Cup play. Just kidding. Captain... were you at the Fiji tourney today? You were brilliant on the line yesterday afternoon. I hear the final had to be cancelled due to a brawl? Can you find a thread and give us an update.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Reccos,

I was reffing/lining all day today at the tourney. Interesting is way of describing the events.....:) I was running the line in one semi-final and about 6 or 7 minutes into the game behind us, the two teams started at each other. One guy was red carded which led to a melee. One of the tournament organizers came on to the field(apparently, as I was watching our game) and requested that the ref switch with the linesman. :confused: Anyway, within 2 minutes of this happening, something else happened leading to another bit of a melee with a couple of people coming onto the field. At this point, the ref abandoned the game and both teams appeared to be at fault. This is when the fireworks began. Since this was a semi-final, they had to now decide who was going to play in the final, if in fact someone was going to. Personally, they should have just kicked both of the teams out and awarded the tournament to the team who won the game that I was running the line on. But this didn't happen.

They awarded the game to one of the teams(I have NO idea what the criteria was) which led to an onfield protest at the start of the final, which I was supposed to ref. The team which 'lost' the semi-final game in the melee staged a sit-in in the center circle. I was chatting with them and the other team which 'won' the semi-final was warming up. The 'losing' team would not leave the circle, so a decision was made to end the game with the team who won their semi-final legitimately being awarded the title and I don't know what they were going to do with the other team. I blew the 'final' whistle and that was it. We(the officials) quickly grabbed our stuff and left so I don't know what happened after that.....Certainly a new experience but I honestly think this whole fiasco in the final should have been avoided by disqualifying both teams in the semi, because of their conduct......Anyway, it was fun overall.....

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, that was inevitable, Heanjob. What annoys me about the club's management is that they would even allow him to leave on a free transfer after signing a 4 year deal. Too many players are fcuking the OF recently and it shows a lack of respect for both sides. I don't mind losing Balde as he's not exactly Franz Beckenbauer but at least get a million quid for him. I say Celtic will be looking to go young there for next year and will be making a move for Zander Diamond from Aberdeer who is 19 turning 20. This kid is a good player and John Kennedy is on schedule to possibly start training in September.....If Varga/Henchoz are kept, they will/should only be used as spares. We'll see what STrachan has in mind over the next few months....

Hail Hail

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too much Tim Chat today

Mind you Robbie Keane would be a good signing.

Hey lads:
Do you know what 2nd place is?
Top of the losers....

:knvb:

"He would talk to Gordon, absolutely, because of the immense respect he has for Gordon Strachan,"

Is that right Aunty?
Nothing to do with fact you never got a sniff at Ibrox would it?
Fcuk off Chancer.

And, I'm sorry - Bobo who?

:D

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You never hear of many top players outside of Scotland every say they grew up supporting the Huns and that they'd like to play with Rangers one day. My guess is that most of your signings will be from eastern europe with a last name like Babic or something. :D

I am sure with Bobo's departure that every striker in the SPL will be liking there chances against Celtic next year. Then again I think the wee man will be replacing him with some quality. I have a feeling that the biscuit tin will pryed open and at least 1- 2m spent. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
15 million this year, Heanjob. :D

Balde can get the fcuk out of Glasgow with that attitude. He was a decent DEFENDER for the club but he had some MAJOR gaffs at the worst times and the poor fella's passing ability only rivals that of Yoda's....... ;)

Hail Hail the Celts will be back to win the league....and Champions League :D :rolleyes: because the SPL is the best league in the world? Right, Blahzay/Walls?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The REAL story of TIMS and HUNS..

At the beginning of time when man was evolving,there were two specimens coming to the fore.
One was a straight back,good teeth,broad shouldered handsome specimen known as "The Intellectual Master Species" TIMS.
The other was a smaller hunchback,long arm and grotesque looking specimen known as "Halitosis Unnatural Nipple Sniffer" HUNS.
The TIMS adorned themselves in green and white hooped scarves.There is no mention in the history texts as to why,thats just the way it was.
The female species of the HUNS had only one breast.To preserve her modesty,she wore a garment over her left shoulder to her right waist.This garment was made from the skin of a pigs arse and was known as a SASH.
The HUNS were aware that evolution had'nt treated them kindly and as a result were trying to make good their deformities.It was their belief that if they bathed once a year in pure orange juice,they would finally catch up on the handsome TIMS.
So every year one thousand six hundred and ninety HUNS would make the two hundred mile round trip to the orange plantation, to stock up for their annual bathing ritual.There is no mention in the history texts as to why 1690 HUNS made this trip,thats just the way it was.
This trip would take place in the Summer when the oranges were ripe.This was normally on 12th July and was to be known as "The Orange Walk".
On this trip they sang that well known bawdy pub song of the time,"The Sash my Mother wore".
There is no mention in the history texts as to why the gender of this song has been changed.
Huns and facts eh!

Copyright Kellysown :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts