Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky, Commons????? You're reading the Sun too much. :D

Is Fortune a Championship reject? ;)

How many Blackpool games did you see last year? :D Seriously. Outstanding?

Remember Mowbray got them to the Premiership before them dropping like MOST promoted teams do. Mowbray is already loved by the support because he is a Celtic man. Strachan was not and he was a bawbag as a manager. Mowbray will install a fire into Celtic that has been lacking since Martin O'Neill's men bitch slapped Rangers. The Whitewash year was fantastic. Anyway, Mowbray if nothing else, will bring passion to the team which was lacking under Ginger Baws.

Mon

Fortune is a Nancy reject. Nancy are shite. 1 + 1 = 2

You got me, I didnt watch much Blackpool football. Did read the reports, though. Weird but true. Clearly not much to do. Apparently Adam played well enough that they want to sign him full time. Mustn't have impressed.

Strachan won 3 out 4 league championships and 2 x CL round of 16s. Celtic man or not, Mowbray will not achieve the same success. You heard it hear first.

I'm sure the Whitewash year was as satisfying for you as the "helicopter" year for me. Good times.

Roll on 2009/2010. Shall be interesting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fortune is a Nancy reject. Nancy are shite. 1 + 1 = 2

You got me, I didnt watch much Blackpool football. Did read the reports, though. Weird but true. Clearly not much to do. Apparently Adam played well enough that they want to sign him full time. Mustn't have impressed.

Strachan won 3 out 4 league championships and 2 x CL round of 16s. Celtic man or not, Mowbray will not achieve the same success. You heard it hear first.

I'm sure the Whitewash year was as satisfying for you as the "helicopter" year for me. Good times.

Roll on 2009/2010. Shall be interesting.

It shall be interesting and I'm certainly looking forward to it more with someone different at the helm. False optimism? Maybe. But Strachan's 3 of 4 are VERY misleading. Boruc won it in his first year on his own..with help from Naka. The Rangers teams were just that bad. The CL 16? Really no other way to explain that other than compare them to the fact that Rangers made a UEFA Cup final playing the WORST football EVER in the competition. I didn't care that Strachan wasn't a 'Celtic man' but I did care that he NEVER had a plan 'B' when his plan 'A' wasn't working. He was far from being a good manager.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half-time

Brisbane Roar 0 Celtic 2

Chris Killen with both.......:eek: Maybe he'll start doing the business for Mowbray like he did at Hibs. :)

Boruc has made 4 very good saves according to the announcers.......looks very sharp this early in the season. C'mon the Celts.

Audio CSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big John Hartson has been diagnosed with testicular cancer AND brain cancer. VERY sad indeed. Though I was one his biggest critics in his last season with Celtic, the big man loved playing for Celtic. Let's hope the big man can make it through this fight.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh my poor bleeding retinae.... think of what those will look like with a hangover. The future's so bright, we'll need to wear shades.:D

The only saving grace is that Rangers will now have to come up with something equally fugly.:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh my poor bleeding retinae.... think of what those will look like with a hangover. The future's so bright, we'll need to wear shades.:D

The only saving grace is that Rangers will now have to come up with something equally fugly.:p

It is class.......what would you know about that, Trece?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is class.......what would you know about that, Trece?

I gots lotsa class, Kaptin Spare Bike Parts.:D That's why I've been a hoops fan as long as you've been alive. How about you?

I also know I'll be able to spot the hardcore members of the Celtic supporters club from 5 miles away now. Love the team; hate the marketing department.

Trece

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think poor Maurice Edu has a head injury at the moment, not knee injury. :D FFS.....

Gers able to reach last 16 - Edu
By Alasdair Lamont

Edu enjoyed a successful first season at Ibrox
Rangers midfielder Maurice Edu believes the current squad can reach the Champions League knock-out stages.

The Scottish champions have yet to add to their squad, with boss Walter Smith hinting that this might not change.

But Edu, who will miss the start of the season through injury, says progressing from the Champions League group stage remains a realistic possibility.

"I don't see why not. Obviously we'll be facing tough competition, but you never know what can happen," he said.

Edu says the prospect of playing in Europe's top club competition was a key reason behind his decision to join Rangers last year.

But, while Walter Smith was able to strengthen his squad quite considerably a year ago, the same cannot be said now.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was just about to post that, Bucky.....it is now official according to Spiers. The lad, who I must admit have never heard of was an England U-21 international. Last season, he was voted the best left-back in the league and he is 23 years-old. He is no Kirk Broadfoot mind you but there aren't many who are. :D

Seems to be a lot of upside according to what Coventry supporters are saying about him....but we'll wait and see. As for Dinamo Moscow, I'm sure they're not happy they have to travel to Parkhead for a European game but probably feel fortunate with Celtic's away record........granted last year we squeaked out a win over Spartak Moscow on penalties.

Either way, it will be a VERY diffuclt task to get to the group stages this year but it might be just as well to avoid the embarrassment that Rangers are going to endure. :D

How are the signings looking? Landry looked very active in his first game against Cardiff......covers LOTS of grounds and can actually pass a ball unlike Browny.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weird. I watched two England matches during the recent U-21 tourney. Didn't see this world class talent in the squad. Must have been overwhelmed with the quality of Andrew Driver......doesnt he play for Hearts? Hmmmmm. I'm sure this boy, Fox, will make a difference.

Do you always solicit the opinions of Coventry supporters when scouting for quality? Almost as bad as Blackpool supporters saying Charlie Adam was "sensational". Maybe.

Re; Rangers signings or lack thereof. If it aint broke, dont fix it. 52 and counting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weird. I watched two England matches during the recent U-21 tourney. Didn't see this world class talent in the squad. Must have been overwhelmed with the quality of Andrew Driver......doesnt he play for Hearts? Hmmmmm. I'm sure this boy, Fox, will make a difference.

Do you always solicit the opinions of Coventry supporters when scouting for quality? Almost as bad as Blackpool supporters saying Charlie Adam was "sensational". Maybe.

Re; Rangers signings or lack thereof. If it aint broke, dont fix it. 52 and counting.

Agreed.....but I never said he was sensational, unlike Charlie Adam. :D I know nothing of the Bhoy. He was too old to play in the tournament....for the record.

If it ain't broke? Now that's funny. Celtic broke and are in the process of fixing it. Rangers were fcuking rotten and have done nothing to improve. Can't spend on players, no longer have a team in the SPL Reserve league to cut money. Great times to be a Rangers supporter. Imagine how REALLY bad it would have been if Celtic won the league last year. Ouch.

I'm not expecting to get to the group stages this year but I am expecting to win the league and I'm a lot more optimistic than last year.....and for good reason.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it ain't broke? Now that's funny. Celtic broke and are in the process of fixing it. Rangers were fcuking rotten and have done nothing to improve. Great times to be a Rangers supporter. Imagine how REALLY bad it would have been if Celtic won the league last year. Ouch.

Sure we have. Got rid of Ferguson. That will make a huge difference. Sort of like it did last year when he was suspended. Rangers played good football accordingly. Getting Thomson back from injury will also make a difference. Would I like to see some additions, sure. But its not in the cards because of finances, as you've so passionately pointed out.

But it is good to be a Rangers' supporter. Always has been, always will be.

52 and counting, sweet cheeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0