Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, here we go again.

But before any of you rankings fans get too excited, we here at SMEPR central are a long way from debuting the 2009-2010 rankings. Several reasons have contributed to this perfect storm (and no we are not referring here to RF's post game/tandoori sufferings out at NAP last year). Unprecedented expansion (NOT another RF reference by the way) in the FVSL, new "get a life Sir M" acrimony from NSCL basement suites, and the dissolution of stalward rankings sides SFC Rangers of the FVSL, and Inter from the VMSL, have certainly caused things to become a lot less stable. So, staff are asking for a bit of help from you fans out there as to the first edition of this year's Rankings. No one's opinion will be ignored.

As far as I can tell, here is the breakdown of teams remotely eligible for these rankings, by league, and in no particular order:

NSCL. 11 teams. Week one results parenthesized:

Nordic, (6-1 over Seymour)
Seymour, (1-6 to Nordic)
Vikings, (6-0 over Warriors)
Warriors, (0-6 to Nordic)
Roma, (4-0 over Guardians)
Guardians, (0-4 to Roma)
Coveside, (3-0 over LV Azteca)
LV Azteca, (0-3 to Coveside)
NAFC, (3-1 over Norvan)
Norvan, (1-3 to NAFC)
Malones (Bye).

FVSL. 16 teams. Week one results parenthesized:

Poco, (2-1 over Mission)
Mission, (1-2 to Poco)
Delta Metro, (1-0 over Abbotsford)
Abbotsford, (0-1 to DMU)
Peace Arch United, (5-2 over Sikh)
Sikh, (2-5 to PAU)
Peace Arch FC, (5-1 over Peace Arch Rangers)
Peace Arch Rangers, (1-5 to PAFC)
LUFC Athletic, (3-2 over North Delta Alumni)
North Delta Alumni, (2-3 to LUFC Athletic)
Aldergrove United, (1-0 over LUFC All Blacks)
LUFCAB, (0-1 to Aldergrove)
South Delta FC, (6-0 over Surrey "Heat")
Surrey Heat, (0-6 to SDFC)

Ok, thats finally over with, now...

VMSL Masters Premier. 10 teams. Week one results parenthesized:

Metro Ford FF, (1-1 with Sapperton)
Sapperton, (1-1 with MFFF)
Westside, (4-3 over Richmond FC)
Richmond FC, (3-5 to Westside)
West Van FC, (3-1 over PCOV)
PCOV, (1-3 to West Van)
Cliff Avenue United, (3-1 over Columbus)
Columbus, (1-3 to CAU)
Surrey United, (2-0 over Wickham)
Wickham, (0-2 to SU).

Other VMSL (Div 1) teams to consider are 22nd Avenue Lions, Shaheen, and Meralomas, or maybe another surprise. Generally, there are 1-3 NSCL teams, 3-4 FVSL teams, and 9-11 VMSL teams in the weekly rankings.

So the rankings proper probably won't be out for another one or two weeks. But staff would certainly appreciate everyone's opinion and/or thoughts, especially about what is happening out in the FVSL.

Thank you. Sir M.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go the the FVSL site and review the rosters. That will at least give you an indication as to teams, i.e.: the NUD Rangers, erm...Alumni.

In the Valley, I have to say the most feared may be Mission. Not just for the roster, but their unreasonable home field times serving as big advantage.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For sure Dude. I did that and saw a bunch of names of players that most people several bridges and tunnels away have never heard of. I was looking for a few opinions of guys that might know who these guys are, and can provide some input as to who are the strongest teams, etc.

Thanks for the news on (0-1) Mission and (0-1) North Delta Alumni. What other teams are good out there this year? Were not DMU the best last year? What about all of those Peace Arch teams and who is that South Delta team?

Good luck this year.

Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry about it Chort.

It is actually West Van/Inter/Norvan/Sporting/Columbus-Clan this year anyway.

Too long of a name though. We'll just keep it at West Van FC.

Sir M.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then you'll probably want some input from someone besides a guy who's masters career is one (1) game long.

I'd assume NDUA, Poco, DMU, and Mission are the powers. I'd like to say us (LUFC Athletic), but we have no idea what to expect from any of these other squads, and we're still getting used to 1/2 a new team ourselves. That being said, nice to get 3 points from NDUA...they'll be one of the top teams at the end of the seaon.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Dude will be taking over for Coach this season in the Power Rankings, can someone drop off the Captains rum and Dell laptop in Langley, especailly if thay are ranked lower than Surrey United or NDUA.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Then you'll probably want some input from someone besides a guy who's masters career is one (1) game long.

I'd assume NDUA, Poco, DMU, and Mission are the powers. I'd like to say us (LUFC Athletic), but we have no idea what to expect from any of these other squads, and we're still getting used to 1/2 a new team ourselves. That being said, nice to get 3 points from NDUA...they'll be one of the top teams at the end of the seaon.

I"d say Dude is sandbagging. They all have fantastic lids on that Langley team. Well that's for starters...

Seriously, Delta the defending league champs, Mission second last year and a lot stronger this year, POCO former premier team now in Masters- very solid and deep. Peace Arch FC is the old Peace Arch Blue while Peace Arch United is the White team from last year. Looks like some players have switched from one to another but both squads look solid and both have added fresh faces. South Delta is an off shoot of a few Peace Arch boys who live in Tsawwassen with Andy Meyer the local hero playing for them now. Aldergrove looks similar to last year. LUFC Athletics- core group of former Premier Div players who won a Packenham cup or two? North Delta Alumni- I hear the average age is 43 but deep with former NASL and CSL professionals as well as a handful of SFC Rangers. Surrey Heat is a summer fast pitch team who can really throw some heat. Abby is wa ybetter than last year and will be a surprise for a few teams going out to the rez. The rest are very similar to last year it would appear but maybe a little younger.

Bottom line- Coach pulled the chute at the right time. :D

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I"d say Dude is sandbagging. They all have fantastic lids on that Langley team. Well that's for starters...

Seriously, Delta the defending league champs, Mission second last year and a lot stronger this year, POCO former premier team now in Masters- very solid and deep. Peace Arch FC is the old Peace Arch Blue while Peace Arch United is the White team from last year. Looks like some players have switched from one to another but both squads look solid and both have added fresh faces. South Delta is an off shoot of a few Peace Arch boys who live in Tsawwassen with Andy Meyer the local hero playing for them now. Aldergrove looks similar to last year. LUFC Athletics- core group of former Premier Div players who won a Packenham cup or two? North Delta Alumni- I hear the average age is 43 but deep with former NASL and CSL professionals as well as a handful of SFC Rangers. Surrey Heat is a summer fast pitch team who can really throw some heat. Abby is wa ybetter than last year and will be a surprise for a few teams going out to the rez. The rest are very similar to last year it would appear but maybe a little younger.

Bottom line- Coach pulled the chute at the right time. :D

Well, looks like we have the top 10 seeds ;)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But staff would certainly appreciate every one's opinion and/or thoughts, especially about what is happening out in the FVSL.

I'd suggest you put the word Masters in the name of the thread title, otherwise 1/2 of the Fraser Valley hillbilly's won't know what this thread is all about.
You might get some more people posting in here.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M,

I would say Mission and Delta are the teams to beat from the FVSL. After that Langley Athletic and North Delta. I would take Poco off of your radar as since our victory against Mission last week we have lost Rich Sumner (former 86er) to work and family, Kiwi (MIA), RP (form FVSL allstar) who left to go back to Poco Premier and our top goal scorer for the last 5 years (calcaneal stress fracture). So we will struggle to field a team each week and won't even qualify for the provincials.

JTL

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
JTL Do you really expect anyone to believe you.Every week last year your pre game post was this "sorry guys probably wont be able to field a team this week" Then you show up with your regular squad.I'm not buying it.Why dont you post now for our match.No I will do it for you. Well guys it looks like we wont be able to field a team this week buddy's quit,buddy's mia ,buddy's hurt,other buddy helping him,and buddy moved out of town
that should do ,copy and paste week in and week out.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M et all,

Keep your heads up, JTL is posting.

Attachments

• sand-bag-drop.jpg
    sand-bag-drop.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 89

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And HJ...when it comes to hair, I can't argue. We are a handsome bunch. Besides my natural hair blessing / curse, there's Utah, who hair frost was made for, and RJ...simply music on the eyes.

Frank is quite fetching as well, for an ageing individual.

I wish we could beat teams with our good looks alone, but that's only possible part of the time.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And HJ...when it comes to hair, I can't argue. We are a handsome bunch. Besides my natural hair blessing / curse, there's Utah, who hair frost was made for, and RJ...simply music on the eyes.

Frank is quite fetching as well, for an ageing individual.

I wish we could beat teams with our good looks alone, but that's only possible part of the time.

Many an athlete will donate their brain to science when they die.....Dude and a chosen few will donate their hair to science. For what you ask? Dude knows....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0