Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM, are we going to see a ranking list this week, or do you still need more games played before that happens?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tell you what Sliver, usually, staff need more input before we are willing to put out the rankings, mostly due to civil liability, Sir M trying to get all of his hyperbole in order, etc. But since you asked, staff are willing to put out an early edition this year, despite limited information, and editorial comments will be (thankfully to many) limited this early on . So here we go with the debut of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010:

1. West Van FC (VMSL). This team is out of the blocks at 2-0-0 in the VMSL and top of the table thus far. It is a team with 9 new players.

2. Surrey Utd (VMSL). They are on four points thus far, have added several quality players, and are managed by one of the most storied coaches in Masters Football.

3. Delta United (FVSL). This side was the cream of the FVSL last year, and have a 2-0-0 start this season.

4. Columbus FC (VMSL). BC Champs, and are used to coming out of the gate a bit slowly.

5. Peace Arch FC (FVSL). Staff have little information about this team, other than they whine a bit. 2 wins thus far though.

6. West Side (VMSL). Always a force, and staff have no reason this year to deviate from that opinion. Great fanatic base.

7. South Delta (FVSL). This is a new club, but already with two wins under their (ample) belt.

8. Mission FC Blues (FVSL). Les Bleus have had an impressive start over there in Mission. Of course drag racing season has not started yet.

9. Metro Ford FF (VMSL). This team has taken full advantage of dodging a demotion bullet last year, and have opened their VMSL with a win and a tie.

10. Port Coquitlam Castilians (FVSL). Another newcomer to FVSL Masters, and they also have two wins thus far.

11. Cliff Avenue United (VMSL). This team has added players, and are very competetive this year. They have the most likable manager in Masters football, staff report.

12. Peace Arch United (FVSL). Another Peace Arch team vying for SMEPR supremacy.

13. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Sapperton has had a bad start to this season.

14. Richmond Utd (VMSL). Richmond certainly caught staffs attention with their away tie out at CAP last Sunday.

15. Wickham FC (VMSL). This newly promoted side had a great result last weekend: they will always give opponents an honest game.

16. Langley United (FVSL). The all blacks are always tough to beat over in the FVSL.

17. Aldergrove FC (FVSL). Ditto. Plus this is a side with a considerable expertise in animal husbandry.

18. PCOV (VMSL). On paper, this side should be top five in these rankings. But back to back losses drop them way down.

19. North Delta Alumni (FVSL). There were some high expectations for this team. They have yet to deliver. Lots of room to move up in these rankings.

20. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). This side will heretofore be be referred to as "NAFC" by staff, but they have had a great start over in the NSCL.

So that is it for this week, and staff beg for your patience, as this is a quite premature debut of the rankings this year. But we will have to see what happens.

Sir M.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Athletic.

At worst we should get something for beating your #19th ranked NDUA, shouldn't we?

Our course, we shouldn't have taken a 6 nil hum-ping on Friday in Mission...should've we?

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M ...give us just a little more respect in your rankings, just a little please. Delta ranked ahead of us? Delta has Hay and pumpkins in there trophy case.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd venture a guess that the LUFC Athletics would run the All Blacks right off the park, kind of like utah, Dude, and Frank getting run off the park in Mission ;)

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting rankings to say the least. The FVSL side will change considerably over the next two weeks. I am not sure how 3 points out of 6 is impressive for Mission and its Castilians not Coast Meridians.

JTL

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't see that coming Sir M.

We have more than our hands full going into this weekends tilt against Sapp.

We fully expect them to bring thier A game and get themselves back on track.

Great ?:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd venture a guess that the LUFC Athletics would run the All Blacks right off the park, kind of like utah, Dude, and Frank getting run off the park in Mission ;)

Thanks for the kiss of death.

I wouldn't say that at all- they have proven tough to beat over the years. Difference here is, one team is 1-1, w/ a win vs. a ranked team, while the other is 0-2, ahead of the same rank team.

Just saying...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few comments, and I plead innocence, more or less:

First, Dude: sorry I thought LUFC and LAB were the same. My bad, and I am sorry: I meant you guys, I think.

Second, Jack the Lad, sometimes Sir M purposely slightly alters the names of people or teams on this thread for entertainment purposes: perhaps not yours, but certainly his own.

Finally, after all of the baiting that has been going on on TTP, Coach has now finally spoken! :wa:

PS, Hose...at this point, more than fair.

Sir M.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose.....try spellcheck....:D

Sir M......wow...we actually made the rankings?? Love how the porkchops...with no wins mind you....are even ranked:D

Cheers!

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose.....try spellcheck....:D

Sir M......wow...we actually made the rankings?? Love how the porkchops...with no wins mind you....are even ranked:D

Cheers!

I think it was a Portugese bribe - or maybe they are ranked based on their whining ..... I mean winning ways ;)

Hey Moneyman - check out what T.PGD did this week - already won this week :)

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to have you back coach :knvb: I assume you recieved the Captain Morgan's we sent you? You never know since the other cub sent it via RF courier .

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dickens, is that my Blazer? I forgot about that baby

I have your jacket back from the dry cleaners ready for our game a week this Sunday.

Yes Dude, Dickens borrowed that Blazer at Ambleside over a year ago after our match and proceeded to light up the Roxy.

Sorry, back to the Rankings. Talking with Leitchy on the weekend, Metro Ford is on thier way back and could be a sleeper when healthy.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0