Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A glorious week at the top, unfortunate scheduling of A and Masters on the same night so can't comment on the performance, but sounds like it took the return of the Captain to take us down. Would have enjoyed watching... hope that we stick around for awhile, it is fun at the top.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, after some bothersome technical difficulties...but enough about Dickensider's soccer skills, staff finally have ironed out and finalized this week's edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

So here we go:

1. Richmond United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 3. This side is riding the on form Zenedine Zidane of Masters Football right to the top of this week's rankings. Away to Sapperton next.

2. West Van FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 4. Big North Shore Derby this Friday up in Anti-Fan's backyard. The good news is Griffin is walking distance for Sir M, the bad news is they will lose at least one game ball.

3. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last week's rank: 5. This team has taken full advantage of the FVSL CAST system thus far this year, coming out of the gate undefeated. They have another bye this week: no wonder players are bored.

4. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 1. Wickham drops after their loss to Richmond. They host WVFC next. ColemanJ, after a clandestine scouting session at Ambleside last night, should have this team well prepared.

5. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 7. The Western Canadian Champs shut out SU on the weekend. MFFF next.

6. South Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 2. First place in the FVSL, but drop due to running up the score against a weak side. PAFC next.

7. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last week's rank: 6. Interesting stuff going on over at Queen's Park thus far this year, for some. No game last week. Home to Richmond next, a chance to go top five.

8. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (FMSL). Last week's rank: 15. PCOV makes a significant move up, giving themselves a bit of distance from the basement. SU next, in a huge bottom third matchup.

9. Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 14. DU moves up after their emphatic victory over Mission. LUFC next.

10. West Side (VMSL). Last week's rank: 11. The good news is these guys did not lose on the weekend. Cliff next.

11. Peace Arch FC (FVSL). Last week's rank: 8. Back at 11 after their tie against an unranked side. Big game against SDU coming up...FVSL MOTW.

12. Mission FC Blues (FVSL). Last week's rank: 9. Mission drops after a loss to DU. Things do not get any easier this week, as they face another in a series of Delta-based sides, albeit about two hours out of Delta.

13. North Delta Alumni United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 10. This team drops after their 4-3 loss to the Castitalians. Mission next...leave early, staff advise.

14. White Rock United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 19. WRU continues their climb after a narrow win over PAU. PAR next, in a game they expect to win.

15. Cliff Avenue United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 12. Cliff drops after a bit of a surprise result against PCOV. West Side next.

16. GEU Thunder (FVSL). Last week's rank: 20. GEU moves up after another win. PAU next in what will be a test.

17. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL). Last week's rank: 13. MFFF drops after their loss. Things do not get any easier this week as they face Columbus. Rumour has it players are now leaving town.

18. Aldergrove United (FVSL). Last week's rank: not ranked. Welcome back gentlemen. Delta United next.

19. Surrey United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 17. This team is going in the wrong direction, and quickly. Another shutout loss drops them again. The good news is, they can bounce back against PCOV this week.

20. Peach Arch United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 8. This is a cruel ranking after their loss on the weekend. They can move up with a win against GEU this week though.

So, after many difficulties, that is it for this week's rankings.

Good luck to all teams.

Sir M.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that you guys are having number problems, but if you invited me over the fence, we could have played 3 v 3, or 3.5 v 3.5 if you really want to count Dickens and Jags -- maybe your missing players will be turning up at our Master's practice tonight?

I'll be out of town Friday, but Anti-fan will be there watching your balls...

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd risk finding a horse head in my bed if the Columbus boys found out I was training somewhere else on Thursdays, and the Geizens would rat me out, for sure.

Hope it is a good game Friday, bring a few extra balls, as I am not sure there will be any subs available to go cliff diving into the brambles. Maybe Dickens could wear an extra sweater and some safety glasses?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anti Fan is the culprit CJ. He spends hours in the treefort tanning bed, and then emerges to steal empties and game balls.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good training last night Sir M. Some injured bodies but loads of guys out. Good luck!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surprised that Nordic is not in the top 20. I know the NSCL is not thought of in much regard, but I find it hard to believe that there are that many good teams from the FVSL!:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You make a good point Conductor, the problem is the FVSL has 16 flipping teams! So its all very new, things will sort themselves out in time, especially if and when they split divisions. If Nordic keeps winning, they will be there, as will Coveside etc.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
MFFF 4 Columbus 0
I think that might have been the final.... I guess now they will want to merge with us ... their Coach said he could deliver 11 players - so we would be guaranteed 22 at each game - thanks for the idea Sir M. Now we just have to figure out how to work the capuccino machine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0