Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp top five??????? maybe, maybe not. Not the same feeling as last year being #1 every week. Could it be that the teams in this the league is better? Time will tell.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Could it be that the teams in this the league is better?

Charlie ... not sure what grade you are in but that phrase is terrible - let me guess in a language you will understand - ur a techur wright ?...

Sapp does not have the bodies to make a run this year ... you need to sign at least 4 more guys - but otherwise you guys are great.... except for WAB drinking chick drinks.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And feel free to put more than one thought into a single post. No rules here on doing that.
We'll figure it out. Unless your English gets worse. ;)

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp does not have the bodies to make a run this year ... you need to sign at least 4 more guys - but otherwise you guys are great.... except for WAB drinking chick drinks.

Never mind,

Bodies may be few, but man are they big:D
Wevers is the best:D;) See him after two chick drinks:eek:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't my "brand" exploited any longer.

Give Sapp a little more time. We will have a few more healthy bodies soon. Before you know it, the Sapp will soon rise.

Taxman, F U

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week, a rare Monday edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

1. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 4. Wickham are back on top after a gritty win over VMSL leaders West Van on Friday up at William Griffin, going top of the table in the process. Away to Columbus next, in a chance to soar to new heights.

2. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last week's rank: 7. A big win for Sapp this last week against #1 RU, in a debut for all time Capilano University leading scorer Corey Birza. Away to WV next in what should be a good one.

3. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last week's rank: 3. This team had the week off, but have been training hard and avoiding desert. Away to PAFC next. Will they have to face HOS?

4. West Van FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 2. West Van is another team that took the week off. Unfortunately, they had a game scheduled and drop as a result. Sapp next.

5. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 5. The Western Canadian Champs did not play for some reason this weekend. Wickham next, VMSL MOTW?

6. Richmond United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 1. This side's result confirms that the #1 rankings jinx is more than a myth. 2-1 loss at Sapp last week, and are at home to Cliff Avenue this week, a chance to make amends.

7. Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 9. With a second impressive victory this last weekend, DU is up again. PAU next, in a classic FVSL rivalry.

8. West Side (VMSL). Last week's rank: 10. This team, always a contender as the season wears on, had a good away win against a feisty Cliff Avenue side on the weekend. PCOV next at Hillcrest: that is always an entertaining fixture. Almost as compelling as Olympic curling.

9. Peace Arch FC (FVSL). Last week's rank: 11. Back in the top ten after knocking SDU out of the unbeaten ranks last week. Poco next, FVSL GOTW.

10. South Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 6. SDU, First place in the FVSL, but drop after suffering their first loss of the season. Home to LUFC next, and things are looking up.

11. White Rock United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 14. WRU continues their climb after a narrow win over another Peace Arch club. 5th place in FVSL at present. Idle this week coming up.

12. Peach Arch United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 20. This team moves up after a not to be sneezed at victory over the GEU Thunder. Away to DU next.

13. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (FMSL). Last week's rank: 8. PCOV drops after their tie at home to a lower ranked side. Westside next.

14. North Delta Alumni United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 13. This team drops one after their tie at Mission. Surrey Heat next.

15. Mission FC Blues (FVSL). Last week's rank: 12. Mission drops after their home tie to NDAU. They get a break this weekend.

16. Cliff Avenue United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 15. Cliff actually played quite well I thought on the weekend, but poor finishing and loose at the back is never a good combination. Ask Skanky CDMTC Blonde. Away to Richmond next. They could use a result in that one.

17. Surrey United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 19. They kind of stopped the bleeding a bit on the weekend with a tie against PCOV. Home to MFFF next and SU will show up for this one, staff advise.

18. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL). Last week's rank: 17. This short staffed VMSL side got a rather serendipitous postponement this last weekend. Out to CAP this week.

19. GEU Thunder (FVSL). Last week's rank: 16. GEU drops after a narrow loss to PAU. All Blacks next, a chance for points for the Thunder.

20. Aldergrove United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 18. Apologies for last week's report that this side was playing Delta. It seems staff members got into a little of the 264th Street Moonshine last week. But they did win against Abbotsford, so they do stay in the rankings.

Good luck to all teams this weekend, and you poor teams that are playing first thing on Sunday, don't forget to turn your clocks back on Halloween night:bronco:. Except Mission, who are in a different time zone anyway.

Sir M.

ALASKA

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
slur M any thought on nscl making a come back to you rankings.....how do we buy your vote ,beer,meat pies,smokies....what will it take this year........cheers

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is nice to hear from all of you rankings fans up on the panhandle. Sir M was all set to include the NSCL in this week's rankings, but unfortunately got exposed to the Inter River #5 0945 fixture this last Sunday. :eek: I will try to lean on NSCL staff, such as Anti-Fan, Cside, Skanky CDMTC Blonde, Lupoman, Biggs, Conductor etc in future weeks for some input.

Sir M.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't my "brand" exploited any longer.

Give Sapp a little more time. We will have a few more healthy bodies soon. Before you know it, the Sapp will soon rise.

Taxman, F U

I think the "Sap" has spoken ... ;);)
... and BTW Sir M we play Friday night at CAP not Sunday ... unless of course there are a few kids Provincial games going on that go into overtime and PKs that lead to another postponement.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

With the recent amount of precipitation we've received, I think we've all safely avoided desert.
training hard and avoiding desert.

Now if we could just get past dessert once in a while...:D

Thanks as always for the entertaining rankings.

Trece

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oops, sorry Trece. Please see posts 159 through 172 on the FVSL Masters thread for a bit of background.

To explain...:)

M.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, As you were preparing your notes for this weeks power rankings on Sunday at Hillcrest and you interviewed me on the porks team, please keep in mind that we are riding a 6 game unbeaten streak when you are tabulating your data for your excellent rankings. Also I heard that the Roma side from the NSCL is riding a large winning streak and should be moving up in the rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0