Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey Summer League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pocomo 6 Dynamo Fossil 1

An easy start for the Pokes. Despite missing key regulars like Jinky and KNVB, the team managed to play some entertaining football against a bunch of fellows, who were struggling with the rules. It could have been about 14 - 3. Club I Champ played 90 minutes up front and did very well, despite being held off the score sheet.

Goal Scorers: Captain, Parkhead(2), Paul(don't know his last name), Eric Bischoff, and Wim.

Parkhead had tre-men-dous miss, that was actually worse than mine last Thursday. Seriously. :)

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it was a good start to the summer league today. Captain I clearly missed that one on purpose.:rolleyes: If I had scored the hat trick goal I would not have seen the ball again from you all game because I would be to far ahead in the race for the golden boot. Which I know you saw desperatly covet. Paul last name is Johnson for the record. Bischoff's goal was a cracker!! How about Bandtu's shot that went for a throw in halfway up the tree on the sidelines. Captain I was surprised however you did not recruit any of the Dynamo players for your o35's league. I thought they would be a perfect fit.

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought they would be a perfect fit

Actually, they were too fit and most certainly TOO FCUKING DANGEROUS. The 61 year-old grandpa on defense was almost too old for our league. It was like the Mendleson episode on Seinfeld. I think there were 3 generations of the fossil who was playing right back.......On top of that, they had the nice 1985 jerseys. There really is nothing better than retro blue and yellow kit.......

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the golden boot will be mine....oh yes, it will be mine.

Why, are you playing in another league? I could be wrong but it is rather difficult to win a golden boot when you're on the golf course. No? ;)

I'm not striving for the golden boot in the Surrey league, Parkhead. I will look to set others up and personally, I would like to see Club I Champ fill the net. If you think about your drastic miss, the Captain was on a breakaway, cut inside once I was caught:rolleyes: and passed to ball to our right midfielder so he could score. Unfortunately for everyone, he thought you were sober enough to finish the pass he gave you INSIDE the SIX yard box. I would have been happy with a second assist there. Thanks. I could have finished with a goal and 3 helpers, if you finished that one. Bastard. It's all about stats, all about stats.....:rolleyes:

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The race for the golden boot is on.:eek:

Standings

1. Parkhead -2
2. Captain - 1
2. Bischoff ( Sam) - 1
2. Wim - 1
2. Paulie - 1
3. Smallsy - 0
3. Knvb - 0
3. Club I champ -0
3. Jinky - 0

More to be added later. I think I might have used all mine up in week one. Oh well I can say I was on the podium for one week atleast.:D

Parkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, you might want to include assists too. Otherwise, I will never set you up again. :p Second assists are good as long as the pass is over 40 yards. Just a thought......

Captainwhothinksthereshouldbeasilverbootforassists

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sunday morn

Captain, I am playing with a team, don't know their name or many of the players. Alexi Lalas (corrie shaw) plays on their backline and Dave Cain plays outside right. I scored a cracker free kick last sunday from 30 yards out. still rising as it just knicked the underside of the crossbar. Dave Cain scored the second. The golden boot battle is on shammy. Ended up two two against an indo team, they had some decent players. hollywood ref'd, enuf said...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studs,

Is that Bryan Vandenberg's team? Langley Storm, I think? I know Shaw was with them in the winter (under SFC Royals). Same group of guys?

Dude.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why, are you playing in another league? I could be wrong but it is rather difficult to win a golden boot when you're on the golf course. No?

i'm moving my tee times back so i can play with the pokes on sundays and sneak off to Pitt afterwards. :D
noon kick-offs aren't bad but it appears we switch to the 10:00 starts in july....ugggh.
nice to see sammy (bischoff) took time away from having a smoke to pot a goal. looks like i missed out on a stats game.

dwmc, teams (at least the ones Pocomo are slated to play) include: AKAL, BC Romanians, Blitz, CL Strikers, Donegals, Dynamo, ND Titans, Royals, SM Sporting, Surrey Hurricanes, WUFC.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dwmc, teams (at least the ones Pocomo are slated to play) include: AKAL, BC Romanians, Blitz, CL Strikers, Donegals, Dynamo, ND Titans, Royals, SM Sporting, Surrey Hurricanes, WUFC.

We should change the name of this league to a more apporiate name. With the likes of all these teams we should call it the

Champions League only the best Surrey can offer are allowed to play. :rolleyes:

Parkhead

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings updated

Pocomo 4 Surrey(?) 2. Not the greatest of games or pitches for that matter. Story of this game had to be the Ref. Not sure where "Hollywood " was coming from today but he gave a great performance. I got my first ever yellow card for shaking my head.:confused: Never the less 2-0 to start the year. Good to see fellow ttper Yowen again.

the golden boot will be mine....oh yes, it will be mine.

This must be in question now after today Smallsy, who failed to hit the board.

Updated standings For Poc's Golden Boot

Parkhead - 3
Donny - 2
Bischoff - 1
Captain - 1
Club I champ -1( Set up by me of course
:eek: )
Wim - 1
Paulie - 1
Smallsy - 0
Guilts - 0
Kagen - 0

Parkhead:D

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 3 Donegals 2

Royals came out blazing in the first half, at least after 15 minutes when we realized we started with only 10 men:rolleyes:
3-0 at half. Donegals came out flying with what seemed to be a stronger lineup in the second half. A dodgy red card left the mighty Royals treading water for the last 25. Full marks to Chad "no gloves" Braley in his debut in net.

Looking forward to the showdown with Pocomo:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When is The Showdown?

Would the Royals object to an alumni appearance for that game? I still owe Vince one.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This must be in question now after today Smallsy, who failed to hit the board.

i did manage to hit the back fencing.:rolleyes: it is indeed in question though.

parkhead, i believe it was SM Sporting that we played against.
you're welcome for the silver platter service on your goal by the by.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smallsy,

you're welcome for the silver platter service on your goal by the by.

If only I understood this!:rolleyes: Are you sure this is not Captain posting as Cerebral.:confused:

SYC,

When is this showdown that we now have to look forward to? Dude, If you find Vince tell him to play for you guys so we can kick him to.:rolleyes: Vince is MIA.

ParkheadsoluckySmallyshoweduptopassmetheball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0