Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Surrey Summer League 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I champ -1( Set up by me of course

As much as I regret saying this, Parkputz was the one who sent me the through ball that notched my first of the Surrey SL season. Sorry Captain, another game perhaps.:)

CIC

CICwhowondersifwearecounting2ndassists?:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pokes disappoint as keeper goes off

Three forms of entertainment to share from my long awaited debut with mighty Pocomo...

1. The referee's Shoc-king attire... (short shorts, socks at ankles and terminator shades)...
Hollywood, the 1980's called, I think they want their kit back!!!
2. The cnut who screemed across the park for us to get our cars out of the parking lot... (not 20 minutes after the lot was locked up, some other lad came and opened it back up again)!!!
3. Our keeper's version of "Get yer Dukes up boys"... Actually quite funny... (I only wish at that point I was on the sidelines and could have heard Jinky's comments)...

BTW, what time did you twats finished the cooler at??? :cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have to blame someone for the loss. Guinness, how many games have you played for Pocomo? If that was your first, despite your two goals, it was our first loss. Champ missed a plethora of chances. So we shall blame the Champ and Guinness for our first loss. :) ;)

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never a bad idea to blame the new guy for the loss.:p

I believe we finished the cooler at 6:00pm. Nothing like a day in the sun watching great football.;)

Parkhead

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the blame falls squarely on Donnell's shoulders.:D

seriously though, some brutal defensive blunders from the backline and lack of finishing led to the Pokes demise.
parkhead if you could finish your lunch up front like you did the cooler we would still be undefeated!!
shocking loss considering we had about 80% of the possession.
no goals, no megs...fcuk!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The cerebral one .....

no goals, no megs...fcuk!

Smallsy, after the state you were in Friday & Saturday, I would've bet a Midland Appliance Microwave on you getting nothing for your efforts on Sunday.

You must be happy the weekend's over :D.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's blame the new kid?

WHY??? (just because I'm shite)!!!
Not only did Parkhead and CIC miss a sitter on a few occasions, but the drunks on the sidelines even sang a wee tune to the Club_I_Chump!!!
"shite the bed, shite the bed, shite the bed":D ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pocomo 8 Blitz(ed) 0

It could have been about 20 - 4 but it wasn't. Not much to say except Parkhead and CI Champ decided to score the 7th and 8th goals, which is very poor etiquette and shouldn't be counted in the golden boot race.....

The goal scorers were:

CIChamp - 3(The first and second were good goals and the third was a tap in that he shouldn't have scored)

Captain - Towering header

Parkhead - an empty netter and the 7th goal.....:rolleyes:

Guinness

Cerebral Smallsy

Eric Bischoff - (Sammy)

Not bad, 7 of the 8 goal scorers were TTPers.

I'm not sure what the standings are now because Club I Champ assures me he has scored more than 2 coming into today's game. I call bull shite.....I only see 1 goal until today so here are the unofficial standings.....

Captain 4
Paulie - 4(1PK) - I don't think we should count penalties
CIChamp - 4
Parkhead - 4
Guinness - 3
Donny - 2
Cerebral Smallsy - 1(?)- Is this total right, Smallsy?
Bischoff - 2
Wim - 1
Malcolm - 1
Guilts - 0
Kagan - 0

For the record, Smallsy took a huge lead in the meg department today. I counted at least 4. Parkhead and Guinnes had 1 each and that was it, I think. I took the lead in the "I'm not going near that challenge" department. Wet field plus players who were wearing knee braces which Frankenstein wouldn't even wear EQUALS no fcuking chance I'm going near them....

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
indeed only one goal for me in the pokes golden boot race.
i've decided to go for the meg title. might have even megged the ref today...counts for two i think:D

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not much to say except Parkhead and CI Champ decided to score the 7th and 8th goals, which is very poor etiquette and shouldn't be counted in the golden boot race.....

Etiguette is meant for classy dinner parties, we're playing football here. Im not one to miss my chances from 3 yards out unlike parkhead:eek: ;)

You don't think we should count penos Captain? Why not, a goal is a goal right? Just because your towering header is your only tally doesn't mean you can't catch the leader:D

A ref that gets megged should go down as two no doubt:)

CIC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because your towering header is your only tally doesn't mean you can't catch the leader

I believe I am one of the leaders. So your point becomes moot . No, I will not count penalties. Sure they count but so do empty netters in hockey. There are a lot of players in the NHL who don't take great pride in an empty net goal. Apparently, it doesn't matter to you or Parkhead. You would score the 9th or 10th goals in a game and feel good about yourselves. Sad really.

Captainwhoisstilltiedforthelead

BTW, Champ, you don't deserve to win just because you tried telling me you had scored more goals than you really had. Surely you can count one at a time. Your total is 4, which is the same as Parkhead, Paulie(2 penalties), and the Captain.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chump!

Fcuking celebrates the 8th goal like is was the World Cup winner in Golden goal!!!:rolleyes:

How can you sleep at night???:D

BTW, running up the score in this league is as boring as watching two Italian teams in the Euro finals... I'm on the Cerebral bandwagon, megs is my mission!!!;)

Oneandcounting,Guinness

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The seventh goal was the clincher in this game. It had to be done so the ref would call the game sooner. He was about to do so when CIC put in the 8th goal which clearly was an unclasssy move. But what do you really expect from a goalie.;) BTW I had two megs and the assist on Captain's tap in. Which might be the last time I leave an empty net for him to head the ball into if I have to listen to him comparing me to CIC. How insulting.:eek:

Till next week.

Parkheadwhoplayedquitehungover.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkheadwhoplayedquitehungover.

And it showed. Your first four attempts in my direction were all intercepted. As for the tap-in, wrong again. I had to sky to knock the ball downwards. You were obviously still drunk.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite possibly but the gap between your feet and the ground on that header was damn near a foot if it wasn't 1/2 an inch.:eek: :D

Parkhead

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated Standings!

Well after another hard fought game today for Poc's which ended 7-2 against the Titans. Who were anything but.:rolleyes: Wim had 1, Spearsy had 1, Dom had 1, CCF added 1, and yours truly had the hatty.:eek:

So the race for the golden boot now stands at....

1. Parkhead:D -7
2. CCF -5
3. Captain -4 (shutdowntodayby18yearolds )
3. Paulie -4
5. Guinness -3
6. Wim -2
6. Bischoff -2
6. Donny -2
9. Malcolm -1
9. Spearsy -1
9. Dom -1
9. Smallsy -1 :confused:

Poc's could be in serious trouble next week as we have the Derby match against the Royals. The only problem is 6 of us play in the Club I Golf Tourney on Saturday. The day before and therefore probably won't make the game and if we do somehow make the game can't see us functioning very well. The other players on the team are going to have to pick it up and carry there weight and ours next week.:rolleyes: Smallsy will have to produce for a change.;) If I were handicapping this match I would have to put the Royals as early favs.

Parkhead:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0