Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA (B) Cup - Who will go through?

Balsa

Mar 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Jinky it was a little late and off topic but it usually takes a little longer for things to reach the Valley. I had to ride my horse for 3 days to reach the trading post for my email. I tell ya though, it is tough to find a extension cord that reaches that far.

Now you can go back to your regular programming. :D

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cellic

CELLIC 2 BLACKBURNT 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
SID:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Bucky, RF, Guin, Lean, HOS and basically any other people who support Rangers

Larsson enjoys last laugh as Celtic demolish Blackburn

By Jeremy Butler

BLACKBURN, England (Reuters) - Henrik Larsson claimed Celtic's 2-0 win over Blackburn in the UEFA Cup second round on Thursday was the perfect response to claims from the Rovers players that the Scottish side would not win the tie. ADVERTISEMENT

Rovers lost the first leg 1-0 at Parkhead despite dominating the game and had expected to move into the third round when enjoying home advantage in the second leg.

But Celtic were on top at Ewood Park with Larsson and Chris Sutton settling a match dubbed the Battle of Britain.

"We played badly in the first leg," Larsson said. "We were disappointed by some of the things their players said after the game. Maybe they should learn their lesson that they shouldn't talk too much until the game is over."

Although they were eventually able to revel in the glory of beating a side from an English premier league considered far superior, Celtic suffered severe criticism from the media following their mediocre first leg showing.

"When I went home after that game I had to remind myself we had won," said manager Martin O'Neill. "We took criticism from surprising quarters. My players were stunned to get that criticism, but it was as good a motivating factor as any.

"There are a number of things I am satisfied about. First of all going through to the next round. And secondly how we handled the pressure we put on ourselves to show people how we can play.

"This win doesn't make us the best team in the world, but it also means we are not as bad as people were saying we were."

BIT OF FORTUNE

Rovers needed an early goal to put pressure on the Scottish champions, but fell behind in the 15th minute to Larsson's opener. He nipped in to finish after Craig Short slipped while trying to cut out Sutton's through ball.

Rovers manager Graeme Souness said: "The first goal changed everything. They enjoyed a wee bit of fortune on the goal as a couple of players fell on the slippery pitch.

"I always felt the first goal was important. If we had got it they wouldn't have played with the same confidence. But tonight they played like a proper European team away from home.

"We have always said the league was our priority and that is what we have always intended to concentrate on."

Sutton, playing in an unaccustomed midfield role against his former club, scored the second with a powerful angled header in the 68th minute that Brad Friedel could only palm into his net.

Rovers's Andy Cole had earlier missed a chance to level the scores on aggregate when John Curtis slipped a ball behind the visiting defence.

The former England striker failed to get a firm contact on the ball and Rab Douglas produced an instinctive save.

Celtic's goalkeeper also needed to react quickly to push a David Thompson shot onto the bar, but otherwise was not unduly tested.

Rovers pushed hard to the end with Cole firing horribly wide when well-placed in the dying minutes.

But it was the Scottish side who should have scored more goals with Sutton and John Hartson both miscuing in front of goal from Larsson's cross before Celtic's second goal.

The articles certainly had me fooled enough to bet a small wager against Celtic. Cue the dancing Bhoys....

:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Who do we play next in the this fcuking 'B' Cup? EEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAaaaaaSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, I forgot the photo.....

What would the article be without a picture of Ghod, after scoring the winning goal? Good thing this guy isn't a world class striker any more, at least according to that smelly cnut Sounness. What a fcuking putz.

"We have always said the league was our priority and that is what we have always intended to concentrate on."

Is this the same guy who was fcuking gutted by not winning at Parkhead? I will have to dig up some of the quotes after that game to show how much of an idiot the man is. He is a schizo...

His favorite poem:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am schizophrenic
And so am I

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Useless English Twats

This pains me but,

well done cnuts.

I'll be damned if I wish you good luck, though.

Bucky

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Souness.......

He said: 'I thought Celtic played very well tonight and it was a different game to the first one. The first goal changes everything and if we had got the first goal it would have been a different game

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. :rolleyes:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result for Celtic, Watched the game, Blackburn didn't offer much but what they did Celtic just shut them down. Sutton was man of the match in my opinnion.

BTW souness is a cnut!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The goals can be seen here courtesy of the BBC.

The american commentary was insufferable today. Fastshow's favourite, Max Bretos confirmed his idiocy with many of his comments. Especially the prediction of a Blackburn win and his urging them on when he knew his prophecy was going pear-shaped.

BTW, when did Andy Cole become Andrew Cole?

Shite by any other name......

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree Jinky the comentary was shite. The two were cheering Rovers on as if they were part of the team. At one point right before half the guy said" it would be such a lift for us to score going into halftime" Us ?

What was worse these two or Dopson and whatever her name is doing the Canadain women ?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"We played badly in the first leg," Larsson said. "We were disappointed by some of the things their players said after the game. Maybe they should learn their lesson that they shouldn't talk too much until the game is over."
That's a misquote, what your man Larsson actually said while live on BBC2 was, 'We played like shite in the first leg'. Cue much umming and ahhing from the interviewer who decided to speak to Chris Sutton instead. Sensible. Then Gary 'consummate professional and housewive's favourite' Lineker said something funny. For once.

My old mate Max Bretos and his giggling sycophantic faux-Irish sidekick aside, John Motson, to be fair, isn't much better. At least he's English. He should stick to doing EA Sports Fifa video games, the cnut. Last night he compared Celtic to Leicester. Fair enough both clubs have O'Neil, Guppy, and Neil Lennon in common but get a grip you old ring-piece. Trevor Brooking doesn't help either.

Good to see so many Scottish born players do well last night for Celtic. Without them the other nine on the park would have struggled.
:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I couldn't agree more, Fastshow. It certainly only happens in Scotland, where a team is dominated by foreign players.....For example, take the big Arse.

24 Rami Shaaban
23 Sol Campbell
3 Ashley Cole
18 Pascal Cygan
22 Oleg Luzhny
8 Fredrik Ljungberg
19 Gilberto Silva
4 Patrick Vieira
10 Dennis Bergkamp
14 Thierry Henry
11 Sylvain Wiltord

So your point is moot ........

To other good news, the might Rangers were held by the mighty sheep shaggers of Aberdeen today, which of course opens the door for the Bhoys to take the lead tomorrow after they stuff Partick at Parkhead.

BTW, it is very surprising that Rangers tied the game on a penalty. That has never happened before, especially in the last 10 - 15 minutes of a game. :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

You forgot about that English U-21 Kanu and Van Bronkhorst???:rolleyes: The Arse-holes are truely Non-English twats!!!:D

As for this comment Jinky:
BTW, when did Andy Cole become Andrew Cole?
My guess would have to be at birth...:eek:

Fcuking Souness fcuked things up again and let that swedish meatball and his darky partner Sutton advance in the "B Cup"!!!

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from watching Celtic beat Celta viga 1-0 :D Larrsson with the winner, who else.:) The score could have been a little more lopsided for celtic but they missed a couple easy chances!! Not Larrsson though! This could have been a really good game but the french ref was shite!! He was bad both ways but even more towards Celtic. Larsson was kicked all over the field and no calls. They could of had atleast 4 yellow cards and I believe they only got one. Hartson got a yellow for diving. Well deserved mind you. Sutton got run over in the box in the last minute and he got one for diving, terrible call. O'neil got sent to the change room, didn't see a card but was sent to the stands. Does this mean he can't be on the sideline for the next game?

Good result anyways, would have been nice to go to Spain with a atleast a 2 goal lead however.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got back from watching Celtic beat Celta viga 1-0.

That ref was absolutely diabolical. I almost thought it was a Scottish referee but even Dallas couldn't have been so poor.

Just one example, Sutton is clattered by a Celta player, then he is stepped on, when he tries to get up, he is kicked and when he walks away from the trouble without retaliating, he is yellow carded by the ref.

O'Neill tore the ref to bits after the game and will no doubt pay for it with UEFA.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this the Spanish Graeme Souness?

I'm sure Celtic will be able to use this to motivate them a little bit in the return leg.......

They have also not been in Europe into the New Year for 23 years and Celta Vigo coach Miguel Angel Lotina was not impressed with the Scottish champions.

His team are sixth in La Liga, but he parted with shot at the home side - claiming that the noise of the crowd was more frightening than the Celtic team.

'I wasn't very impressed,' said Lotina. 'I knew it would be more or less like this, but I was impressed with the atmosphere here at Celtic Park.

'You can hear the crowd roaring from the field and it makes the atmosphere very impressive, but these players have played in the Nou Camp.

'The audience aren't going to be there in the return leg and 60,000 people will be staying in this country which is a good thing. I knew how Celtic would play.'

'The audience aren't going to be there in the return leg

He apparently has problems with subject/verb agreement too, like HOS.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celta Vigo 2 Celtic 1

John Hartson's crucial away goal has put Celtic through to the last 16 of the Uefa Cup.

The Hoops did well to keep their cool despite the spitting, slapping, diving and stamping of the petulant Spaniards.

The only English club to advance was Liverpool. Leeds and Fulham are out.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Result, A few more pounds in the bank account now!! :D

Celtic defended quite well in what was a very chippy game. It was actually quite comical after awhile with the way the Celta Vigo players rolled and rolled around. I could of swore by their reactions atleast four of them broke their legs. But that magic water of course cured all. Man of the match had to be Bobo Balde absolutely dominated!!

On to the round of 16!!:wa: :wa: :wa:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0