Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UEFA (B) Cup - Who will go through?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we might have to celebrate this victory tomorrow, Parkhead. What do you think? Now we can focus on beating the Blue Noses, which shouldn't be a problem when Hedman gets healthy.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We will definetly be having a couple of pints tomorrow after B-Ball!! The Sweet 16, Hedman will be back and big Johan.

That was the difference today big Rab didn't have to do anything!! IF he had to make any saves today Celta Vigo would probably be going through!!:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
brutal.......

I went to Loftus Road last night to watch the Fulham-Hertha Berlin match as tickets were only a fiver. I got shafted on that, I'd rather have watched a Meralomas inter-squad kick about, the quality of the football was that shite. The only redeeming feature in having traipsed out to White City, a place God has turned His Anglican back on and that Hitler should be further admonished for not having bombed into obscurity, was that Collina was reffing and I'll be fcuked with a red-hot five-iron if the man isn't even more ugly in real life. He simply isn't human. Good ref, though. It was difficult for me to know who to cheer for as Fulham play the worst football I've ever seen and Germans are a carbunkle on the arse of the world (is that racist?) :rolleyes: so eventually I decided that I wanted to see Collina award himself a penalty having given himself a yellow card for the initial infraction. He'd then save the penalty but be subsequently sent off for complaining too strongly that he had infringed on himself from the goal. Sadly, this didn't happen.

The assembled square-headed mulletted hordes on the tube back into civilisation afterwards seemed happy about the result as they rocked out with their Hasselhoff-inspired sing songs. Fcuking krauts.

I'd say Celtic have a very good chance of winning the UEFA Cup this year based on the crapness of the other sides still in it. Celtic-Liverpool would be a tidy little fixture.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so much for that final idea.........

BATTLE OF BRITAIN LOOMS

Liverpool and Celtic both face stiff opposition in the fourth round of the UEFA Cup, having drawn Auxerre and Stuttgart respectively. If both progress, the two will meet in the quarter-finals.

Gerard Houllier's men face a daunting to trip to face French side Auxerre who have already beaten Arsenal in this season's Champions League and Spanish side Real Betis in the UEFA Cup.

Houllier will have to pit his wits against old friend Guy Roux who has led a young Auxerre side to the upper echelons of Le Championnat.

The Liverpool boss will also have a chance to run the rule over the hottest property in the country, France striker Djibril Cisse.

Celtic's reward for overcoming Celta Vigo in the third round is a tie against German side Vfb Stuttgart who came through against Belgian side Club Brugge in the previous round.

Roberto Mancini's Lazio appear to have a smooth path to the quarter-finals after drawing Wisla Krakow. The Poles, however, will be no pushovers having already overcome Parma and the 1997 winners Schalke 04.

Slavia Prague v Besiktas
Hertha Berlin v Boavista
Malaga v AEK Athens
Lazio v Wisla Krakow
Anderlecht v Panathinaikos
Celtic v VfB Stuttgart
Porto v Denizlispor
Auxerre v Liverpool

Fourth Round ties to be played 20th and 27th February 2003

Winner match 3 v Winner match 2
Winner match 1 v Winner match 4
Winner match 6 v Winner match 8
Winner match 7 v Winner match 5

Quarter-final ties to be played 13th and 20th March 2003

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rab Douglas has been the main reason.

I saw the highlites of the Celta Vigo match.
I must admit he did look soft on the first goal.
Mind you they're only highlites, I don't know how he looked the rest of the match.
But still....

I guess it's good news for Scotland that Neil Sullivan's on the mend also.

Shoc-king.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man, if there is such a thing as Santa Claus it will be Liverpool and Celtic in the quarterfinals. Please, please, pretty please, Santa.

Liv-er-pool, Liv-er-pool, Liver-er-pool

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
******** SPOILER ALERT DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE EURO SCORES *****

Dopotayto may get his wish as both Celtic and Liverpool recorded victories today versus Stuttgart and Auxerre respectively.

Auxerre 0 Liverpool 1
Celtic 3 Stuttgart 1
Hertha 3 Boavista 2
Lazio 3 W Krakow 3
Malaga 0 AEK Athens 0
Panat'kos 3 And'lecht 0
Porto 6 Denizlispor 1
Sl Prague 1 Besiktas 0

From Sporting Life

Celtic moved a step closer to a possible "Battle of Britain" with an impressive 3-1 victory over the 10-man German side in the UEFA cup fourth round at Parkhead.

They fell a goal down to Kevin Kuranyi's header despite Stuttgart being reduced to 10 men after 16 minutes when Marcelo Bordon was sent off for a professional foul.

But Paul Lambert rallied his troops with a wonder strike before the youngster with the unenviable task of filling Henrik Larsson's sizeable boots showed the awareness of the Swede to seize on a massive mistake by substitute Steffen Dangelmayr to turn the game.

Stilian Petrov then gave Celtic a cushion with a great second-half finish to put them in a healthy position for next week's return leg in Germany.

The odds had looked also stacked against the Scottish champions with Henrik Larsson injured, John Hartson suspended and O'Neill sat in the stand.

But Maloney and the other stand-ins did manager Martin O'Neill and only a major capitulation in Germany next week can prevent the Bhoys from claiming a famous quarter-final spot.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No world war, no UEFA quarter final.

Fcuk, fcuk, fcuk, fcuk, fcuk, fcuk.

Got to give it to C**tic, a great result for sure. You can only hope that away goal doesn't nip them in the ass.

You can be sure that I'll be cheerin' for them.

Kaiser von Buckfast

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite being up 2 - 0 after just 15 minutes, Celtic still managed to lose 3 - 2 to an obviously desperate Stuttgart team. However after weathering a fierce offensive for the last 10 minutes The Hoops saw themselves through to the final 8 with a 5 - 4 aggregate. Celtic had to go through as it is "Schmutziger Donnerstag" in Germany.

So Battle of Britain it is with Liverpool leading Auxerre 2 - 0 last I checked.

For those pundits who said Celtic were a one man team, their five goals came from five different scorers. And rumour has it , Ghod will be back much sooner than expected.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Battle of Britain

The match up I and I'm sure many others wanted to see is here the Battle of Britain. Hopefully it will meet all expectations and then some. Can't wait for these two games.

Come on CELTIC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.......

It will be a great version with both fans together.......It will be better if Celtic beat the heavily favored Liverpool.......

Maybe we should stay two extra days, Parkhead?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure it will be a dramatic rendition of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' with both sets of fans singing away. It takes me back to when I was just a wee, young tater-tot growing up and I says to my Dad, I says "Dad, if in the future Liverpool played Celtic in the Uefa Cup who would win?" and my Dad being the sort of man who would make things up if he didn't know the answer says back to me "Well, little Spudder it's like this. Eating pussy is like eating sushi off the barbershop floor. O.k.?". So I says "But Daddy, that's neither here nor there although it is a crude and sexist comment". His reply? "So it is son, so it is. Anyway, this is how it would go. You see Liverpool and Celtic are both grand and historic teams. Much like the old dinosaurs that once walked the earth. Thus the question of Liverpool v. Celtic can be compared to the age-old question that we all ponder at some time. Namely, who would win a fight between Tyrannosaurus-rex and Triceratops? In this case Liverpool would be the T-rex and Celtic the Triceratops. Triceratops was a noble beast with sharp horns and armor plates for protection. It was the King of Herbivores, much like Celtic are SPL Champions. But really, that's not saying much now either way, is it? Triceratops are brave but insecure and will hope to just get out of the scrap with a result. Triceratops might even get desperate and get help from a Tubofgooasaurus. It might even pray to Ghod for help. But what it really needs is a ghoalie. T-Rex on the other hand has grown up fighting for life amongst the predators and thus it is bigger, stronger, faster and more vicious. It also has a pea-sized brain which leads it into traps every so often. As well the T-Rex has two upper arms that are almost useless. Let's call them Heskey arms. The fight, with both dinosaurs desperate for survival would be furious and tense. Much gnashing off teeth, biting of fingernails, grunting, groaning and flailing about. In the end, with both both beasts bleeding profusely and with the grim reaper about to pounce, T-Rex would reach out with his little Heskey arms and scratch Triceratops to a final death"
I remember saying "Daddy, that's ballsss. Heskey winning the game. Suuure."

Come on Liverpool! . Send the leprechauns packing.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravo, bravo, bravo.

Fastshow, hand over March's award.....once you get your arse off the Lomas' and/or Peg/Olys' (funny how you always forgot the Olys part of it) bench.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tre-men-dous stuff, Dapo! BTW, we should hook up to see the match, the second one at least, since it is Spring Break......:)

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brilliant

I can't believe I agree with Bucky but Fastshow that post has to be the leading contender for March.:D

Nice job Dapo,

Hopefully those leprachauns are packing for the next round mind you.:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish I was a fcuking herbivore.

A scouser was touring the USA on holiday and stopped in a remote bar in the hills of Nevada. He was chatting to the bartender when he spied an old Indian sitting in the corner. He had tribal gear on, long white plaits, wrinkled face. 'Who's he?' said the scouser. 'That's the Memory Man,' said the bartender. 'He knows everything. He can remember any fact. Go and try him out.' So the scouser goes over, and thinking he won't know about English football, asks, 'Who won the 1965 FA Cup Final?'. 'Liverpool,' replies the Memory Man. 'Who did they beat?' 'Leeds,' was the reply. 'And the score?' '2-1' 'Who scored the winning goal?' 'Ian St. John,' was the old man's reply. The scouser was knocked out by this and told everyone back home about the Memory Man when he got back.

A few years later he went back to the USA and tried to find the impressive Memory Man. Eventually he found the bar and sitting in the same seat was the old Indian only this time he was older and more wrinkled. Because he was so impressed the scouser decided to greet the Indian in his native tongue. He approached him with the greeting 'How'. The Memory man replied.....'Diving header in the six-yard box.'

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A 1-1 draw at Paradise.

Celtic battered them right off the bat but the Merseyside snorefest eventually bored the game down a couple of sleepy nappy bye-byes.

Until El Hadji Diouff conspired to set his "race" back a hundred years with a recklessly aimed gobb at the Celtic support.

Disgracefull was the Channel 5 concensus.

Diouff is a filthy manky git.

That is my consensus.

Liverpool know that Celtic will score at Anfield.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0