Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
here is the scoop thanks to bcsoccerweb

Don't know why he turned it down but maybe someone who knows JJ better will tell us.

Jason Jordon decides to stay with Vancouver. By Alan Douglas, Whitecaps/ Breakers Information. Whitecaps leading scorer turns down move to Colorado Rapids of MLS... Vancouver (Wednesday, June 26, 2002) - After months of speculation and weeks of negotiation, striker Jason Jordan of Richmond B.C. has turned down an offer to sign with the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer. Jordan is expected to be back in the Whitecaps line-up for this Friday's home game against the Calgary Storm, which kicks off at 7:30 p.m. at Burnaby's Swangard Stadium. The 24-year-old is in his sixth year with Vancouver, and leads the team in scoring with 5 goals and no assists in 10 games. Three of his goals were game-winners. After careful deliberation, Jordan flatly rejected the terms of the contract offered him by Major League Soccer, the single-entity circuit that was founded in 1996. Details of the contract offer have not been released. While MLS is positioned as the US first division, many top players have turned down offers to join MLS teams as they can often do better staying in the A-League. "Jason is a quality player at the top of his game, and we're very happy that he's decided to stay," said Whitecaps General Manager Bob Lenarduzzi, "he's been a great goal scorer here, and we look forward to him continuing to delight fans and score goals for the remainder of the season. "Jordan had been the subject of interest by the Rapids since March when he spent time at the team's training camp and travelled with them on a pre-season European tour. He even scored a goal for Colorado in a 4-0 win over European powers Benfica in a March 5 exhibition game in Lisbon. At Colorado, Jordan would have been re-united with former team-mate Whitecaps Rick Titus, who has become a fixture on the Rapids defence since moving there in the off-season. Jordan didn't travel with the Whitecaps on their recent road trip to Minnesota and Milwaukee, as his transfer to MLS was considered imminent. Last year, Jordan led Vancouver in scoring with 9 goals and 8 assists in 22 games, and was named Supporter's Club Player of the Year. He ranks fifth in all-time scoring for Vancouver with 34 goals and 17 assists in 113 games, behind only Domenic Mobilio, John Catliff, Dale Mitchell, and Ivor Evans. Jordan also led the team in scoring in 1998...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While MLS is positioned as the US first division, many top players have turned down offers to join MLS teams as they can often do better staying in the A-League

I find that shocking, and more than a little difficult to beleive. I can't envision any reason why he would turn down a chance to play in the MLS, considering it is a step up, and a chance to show himself on a bigger showcase.

There has to be a lot more to this...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over .500!!

WOW, what an exciting league and team!!!! I think I'll buy some tickets for an upcoming game!:rolleyes: (if you didn't realize by now that I don't give a flying fukc about this league)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Game Tonight, Will there Be a Team Next Year

NoOne talks about our Caps anymore, and they are doing pretty good in the play-offs if anyone has noticed.

Missing a few key guys tonight though, JJ is hurting big time with his ankle injuries, Olie is out with Cards, and I think that Franksie has some groin issues.

But if they can get a win tonight they will host the A-league final next Sat. night, not bad for a team with no ownership.
I think that is why they will get the final at Swangard, they are Owned by the A-league, who want to get some cash back, so get as many games in Vancouver as you can.

If no one wants to buy this team, what happens to soccer in Vancouver next year, I hope that more money could get put into the local leagues, and that more poeple start supporting thier local teams, but we have allways said that.

HOSgoCapsgo:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, good thing the Whitecaps were saved... where else could you get this type of insight in the lower mainland:

Director of Soccer Operations, Bobby Lenarduzzi said "We knew that the Man. U/Celtic game was going to be popular, but we never imagined that we would see such a huge up take by soccer fans in Vancouver. In all the years that I have been involved with this team, we have never seen this many sales this early in the pre-season. The response has been unprecedented."
Never imagined? You've been "Mr. Soccer" in Vancouver for how long and you've "never imagined"?

That almost sounds like a lack of vision, being outta touch, or perhaps a lack of leadership in the community.

~Regs.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps sign two strikers. Veteran Niall Thompson and 2nd year player Andrew Veer ink deal, as Whitecaps start to build their roster for 2003 A-League season

If this is true does this still allow them to play this weekend for thier respective clubs in the VMSL. If not this might hurt Firemans chances because from what I have heard around the league. Niall causes some real problems up front. Same goes for Andrew with MF, maybe not as a big chance to make the playoffs but still possible.

Just a thought, thought someone might know the rules on signing a contract.

Cheers
JB

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB,

I believe they can still play...........there contract won't start until March 31, so until then they are not being paid so the choice is theres.

Cheers,

John

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info John, I guess that helps Fireman now, but not if the make it to provincials losing probably two key players Naill, and Clarke.

Cheers
JB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WhiteCap Reserve Team

Rumours that there is a Reserve team for the Caps this year.
Any word on what league they would play in (PCSL?) and who would be playing for them.

I bring this up because there could be a Mighty Khalsa vs. Caps Reserve Exhibition game coming soon.

Perhaps some of the Sporting boys playing with Coach F. have some insight to the team.

HOS

Just found this:

February 20 - Whitecaps FC Director of Soccer Operations Bob Lennarduzzi has approached the PCSL regarding exhibition games between the Whitecaps men's and women's reserve squads and PCSL teams during the coming season. The League has agreed on the understanding that the teams will participate as full members of the PCSL in 2004. The A-League club last participated in the PCSL in 1996 with the Vancouver 86ers Reserves. Under this latest arrangement the Okanagan Challenge are the first to announce a game against the Whitecaps reserve men on Sunday August 3rd, kick-off 7:30pm at the Applebowl, Kelowna. This is the BC Day Long weekend.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's the scoop

There is no Whitecaps Reseve Team.

I'm an assistant coach with Team BC this season in the PCSL, and we recieved the same message you are referring to HOS. Our Head Coach called the contact number to see about setting up a game, and the contact told him that there is no Reserve Team. There wasn't one last year either.

Whoever sent out that message fcuked up or didn't do there homework.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Start

The Whitecaps men had a great season opener, taking the storm by a score of
6-0, well atleast that was the score when i left in the 85th min.

The caps had some pre game festivities on such as brazil bands and dancers out, and about 10 min before the game they had four skydivers jump out of a plane 3 landed saftley while the 4th took a nose dive into the grass didn't look good at all they had to take her off in an ambulence. Apparently she was going to be okay.

Can't really compare how well they will compete with the rest of the league becuase I am sure most of the premier teams could have kept up with the visiting team.:eek:

Cheers
JB

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good Start

Originally posted by J_B

Can't really compare how well they will compete with the rest of the league becuase I am sure most of the premier teams could have kept up with the visiting team.:eek:

Cheers
JB

Eevn HOS and Khalsa???:confused: :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm strangely curious for some reason, so does anyone have a roster? Who's on the team this year?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could there be a bigger wanker than Dave Morris? No.

I just saw his fcuking 'celebration' after his goal tonight on Sports Page. What a fcuking don-key. He was a cnut when Burnaby played the Firemen. Cnut.

That feels much better.

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0