Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vancouver Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bravedart said:
You play your league games on a Monday afternoon???

I think we sould wait to see what actually comes from these tryouts before we hack them. There may actually be some desire by the staff to see "who else" is out there, you know players they usually might not or can't look at but are still quite capable...you know like one or two from the valley! ;)

Cash grab it may be but don't you think there are better ways that da management can get their hands on a few thousand dollars that would be less public. $75 seems like just enough to ensure that those trying out are actually serious about trying out so that they don't get every Tom, Dick and Cnut out to be seen.

Bollocks, Bravedart. Someone is going to make money out of this at the expense of Tom, Dick, and Cnut. I can pretty well guarantee that NONE of these players 'trying out' will even come close to making the team. Perhaps they'll invite them back for another 'camp' and they will only have to pay $100. This is a bad marketing ploy. BTW, what time do I have to be there
and where are they tryouts?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In for $20.00

I say we pool up the $75 and send Captain Shamrock to the try-out's so he can have one last go a Lenard Bobaduzzi. It would be well worth my share to watch.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll donate $5 to the effort :D

I'm not exactly too sure what the point of the $75 fee is for? Will Captain Shamrock get a 1998 Crystal Decisions golf shirt? 3 cones to set up a triangle to practice at home?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The poor old Whitecaps sounded quite professional until I read this,
Bring moulded cleats and running shoes.

Cleats? Cleats? Fcuking cleats? The only people I've ever heard banging on about cleats were clowns who didn't know one end of a football from the other.

Mickey mouse.

The top amateur sides (like the Meralomas) send out scouts to find talent, the fcukwits in charge at AFC Disney reckon they can recoup half of Leonard's annual wage this way. You couldn't make it up.

Still, $150 isn't all that much money for the poor soul.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Donations to the Captain

For those of you who have expressed interest in sending the Captain donations for tryouts, I suggest the money might be of better use towards his TTP Premium Membership.

I know this is coming from me, but I would really like to read what he has to say about those boobies just posted in the Premium section :eek:

Do the players even make that much per game? :rolleyes:
+SC

Perhaps the little ones from the west side will have their parents fork out the dough for them.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I'll try out.

My back is fcuked.

I'm too old.

I'm too fat.

I'm not that good at soccer and I'm going to take up smoking.

When the other hopefuls laugh at me as I vomit from the exertion of a mere warm-up, I'll look up, smile at them and let them know that they have just as much chance of making the team as me. And I'll be right.

Smallsy, can I get a lift with you?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old timers and Legends account

I agree with Captian Slam-my-bollocks it's a cash grab and none of these plumbers are going to make it....period

Seeing as there is an account started for good ole Capt maybe we should also start an account to send one oldtimer as well. Pick one from any O35 league (yes, I know that Captian Slam-my-bollocks is technically in the category of over 35, but let's get a real Legend in there!)

How bout Ballbaby, peter, jordy, Gazza, BullyB, Murray H, Aves any old bastard they'd love the run.........

Saint

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
I think I'll try out.

My back is fcuked.

I'm too old.

I'm too fat.

I'm not that good at soccer and I'm going to take up smoking.

When the other hopefuls laugh at me as I vomit from the exertion of a mere warm-up, I'll look up, smile at them and let them know that they have just as much chance of making the team as me. And I'll be right.

Smallsy, can I get a lift with you?

can you wear your aqua-camouflage shirt?

kind regards,

mrs saint.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steve1234(apparently21222324),

How did it jump from $50 to $75? Also, I'm still waiting for a meeting point and it is yours. I don't attend darts night very often(never) so I can't the money to Walks. Send me a PM please and we can sort this out this weekend. Regs, you too. :)

To stay on topic, if my knees weren't messed up, I be at that tryout. :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saint said:
can you wear your aqua-camouflage shirt?

kind regards,

mrs saint.

No mrs saint. If I did I would blend into Burnaby Lake in the background and no one would pass me the ball.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Yeah, that would be the reason...

Who are AND what the fcuk are you responding to, Dutch Donkey? At least try to make your posts more clear than where your next pass on the field might go...... :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
I'll throw in $10 and a mickey of Rye if HOS tries out naked.

I am off work, so no problems there, it will be real funny when I show up and go and two foot the star player on the team who is on the side-line watching the Gong Show. Who is the money player again.

By the way, how are all the WhiteCaps going to survive when the Liberals Cut all Welfare payments on April Fools day, who can survive on $1000 bucks a month from such a great club. White is the colour.

Where do I pick up my 5Star Dap?, I need it for the next Ravens game.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're joking... right?

Jinky said:
If I did I would blend into Burnaby Lake in the background and no one would pass me the ball.
Yeah, that would be the reason...

Better? I would have thought it was rather obvious.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right.

In fact it was so fcuking obvious that it wasn't neccesary.

You are now out of the inner circle.

Fastshow, issue no further orders to KNVB.

End communication.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's all a Myth anyway...

You can't kick me out, I just got good seats for fcuk sakes... Now what am I going to do on TTP?

Captain, get well soon I've got $20.00 says HOS gets cut before you.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Where do I pick up my 5Star Dap?, I need it for the next Ravens game

Five Star? No wonder you're so, uh, special. I think I would try out but they might think I am the white version of Radio and put me to work doing ball-boy stuff. For free. I would do it if they gave me a coveted Whitecaps sweatshirt and locked me in the equipment shed every once in a while though. I could sell the rights to a film production company and become famous. Well, more famous than I am now that is. Or maybe I could be like Rudy...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go on then Gomsey.

Congratulations Gomsey!!

I hear you've signed an amateur contract with the Whitecaps and their bottomless budget. Tell me your #15 shorts where still in the wash or that that's just a joke played on all rookies.

Either way, congratulations.

PS. Can I have your autograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0