Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach there is a youngster that you should shop. Give me a call. Could lift you to premier Div. Just twenty years old. Darn good skill and good pace. Better mid than my faver Kizer.
You never know. Senta might come late to that part of town.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only few more games remaining until we see who will be the winner. CAFA will be going down. Desmesh and Lobbans will manage to stay up.

Hrvat is satisfied with mid-table just like Richmond. Olympics have a much better and talented team than their record show. Who knows they might even catch up to the top teams. Chile D is suspect. They are good up front, and very creative, but that type of game does allows the other team to have chances. Westside Rino is back and are having one of their better year in recent history. Probably becaue they stuck with their core guys, and not be changing their line ups like some other teams. That all said, I still think that Norvan will prevail (glad to see the team stuck together when they went down to DIv 1) and go back up to Premier. Well good luck this weekend, and hope you beat some Premier teams in the Imp. Cup.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile have the 3rd best defense in the league, winless Desmesh rooted at the foot of the table will not be safe, and Rino's broke away from Westside (but still have the old jersey's, hence the confusion), other than that agree with you, oh except for Norvan winning, obliged to say Rino's Vancouver SC will.

Should be a fun run in, much more exciting than last year, 4 teams with a good shot, and maybe 2 with an outside chance if they go 5 wins from 5.

4 way tie with a playoff to decide it...

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anjin..In a 10 team league (with 3 teams such as Lobbans, Desmesh, and CAFA) 3rd best D is average. I am not saying their defenders are bad. But, the style of soccer they play (open, with short passes) it will allow opponents to have chances on their net. Simple as that. They allowed 5 against Olympics, 3 against Westside, 2 against Hrvat and 2 against Bingers in their last 4 games (not counting Desmesh). 12 goals in 4 games. This is in DIV 1. We know that kick and run, which majority od DIV 1 teams play is much safer. Furthermore there are less mistakes by the backline and the mids in the kick and run style of game. I guess the way Chile plays hurts them every once in a while, although it is sure nice to watch the way they play.

I'll stick with Norvan. I like how they kept the same group of guys from last year. Goodluck.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only conceded 1 against Rino's, not 3 (again, not Westside). Also, Norvan, your champions in waiting, have the 4th best defense in a 10 team league (with 3 teams such as Lobbans, Desmesh, and CAFA)... less goals than chile too

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army 2 Lobbans 0

Good win for the Army, dominating a large share of possession in the game. Crossbar denied the Army a 3rd goal and there were numerous other chances. Critter was solid as always with a couple of good saves when called upon.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 5-2 Richmond - 2 -0 - Before 15 minutes were up and 3 up before Richmond gets one right before the half time whistle, Richmond have great pace and are young, but our boys seemed to score at will today and became a little bit bored at times and got sloppy, giving Richmond some added possession. It seems that as soon as Richmond would pressure, we would turn it on and get one.

Our philosophy is the best defence is a good offence. I am glad people don't see us a good defensive team, that would be insulting for the amount of skill we employ, we use and abuse our skill and that's the sword that will lift us or kill us, I don't really care to be the 1st or worst defence, so long as we score more than we get scored on and dominate possesion, I will take 5-3 games in our favour from here on in because our style does open up gaps, we know that. It would be crimininal to ask Ray, Souza, Habil, Vladi to play defensive ball. Smartcoach, great to finallly put a face to the name sir. PD

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers Army 2 Lobbans 0

Good win for the Army, dominating a large share of possession in the game. Crossbar denied the Army a 3rd goal and there were numerous other chances. Critter was solid as always with a couple of good saves when called upon.

Critter kicks ass, one of the most underrated keepers in the VMSL, quietly leading the way for Binger's, this guy has a nack for making the big save when his team needs it most, well done BA.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the same GB and wish him a speedy recovery. I just know some of the NK boys and know for a fact that NK never defaults a game...ever...so to see 1-0 D perplexed me. All settled now. :)

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Painful, no it would not be criminal to ask players to play D ball, once they want to regain possession of the ball. That is what good players/teams do. They play two way soccer. Well good luck in abusing and using your skills in Div 1 next year as well.

Anjin, looking at the standings Norvan has 3rd best D, and most goals for?? Which league standings are you looking at??

I gave my picks, thus you can prove me wrong. If you guys finish first I will congratulate you, simple as that.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anjin, looking at the standings Norvan has 3rd best D, and most goals for?? Which league standings are you looking at??

I was looking at the standings as they were when you made your predictions. A week later, and a healthy 11-0 win under Norvan's belt, they have changed :)

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Painful, no it would not be criminal to ask players to play D ball, once they want to regain possession of the ball. That is what good players/teams do. They play two way soccer. Well good luck in abusing and using your skills in Div 1 next year as well.

I gave my picks, thus you can prove me wrong. If you guys finish first I will congratulate you, simple as that.

I think your forwards and attacking midfields shuold not have too many defensive duties other than pressuring breakouts from defenders. Yes, good players, the best players in the world are great defensive, "two way" (WTF are we talking about hockey???) studs, you can see it all over the world, Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Rooney, Robino, Iniesta, Xavi, great "two way players". Relax, you are missing my point. You let your offensive players do what they do best and you lets your defensive players do what they do best...everyone has a roll and a function. If Div 1 is all we are destined to be given our style, so be it, we will stay true to form and not sacrifice our skill to play a "defensive" game or ask guys to sit back, we have enough creativity and skill up front that we are a threat to score from start to finish, I like offense, sorry if that doesn't work into your "two way" mind, but it's what I believe in. Not picking a fight or trying to be a dink, it's just how I believe the game should be played.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hahahaha. "Two Way Soccer". Please elaborate on this. This comment itself shows why we have issues developing great footballers here. We use hockey terminology, and even worse try to use hockey tactics in soccer . Are you saying your target man should be "back checking":rolleyes:?? Norvans style seems to be simple kick and run, you saw how well that style worked for teams like England at the WC... What style did Spain play again?

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahahaha. "Two Way Soccer". Please elaborate on this. This comment itself shows why we have issues developing great footballers here. We use hockey terminology, and even worse try to use hockey tactics in soccer . Are you saying your target man should be "back checking":rolleyes:?? Norvans style seems to be simple kick and run, you saw how well that style worked for teams like England at the WC... What style did Spain play again?

Spain played possession but also pressured the hell out of opponents when they had the ball, so I think had equal emphasis on defense as they did on offense. I suspect that PD, while giving some players the green light to push forward, employs others to prevent counters. My two cents.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spain played possession but also pressured the hell out of opponents when they had the ball, so I think had equal emphasis on defense as they did on offense. I suspect that PD, while giving some players the green light to push forward, employs others to prevent counters. My two cents.

Yes, but it's not a collective team "two way" defense. You have players that are free from certain marking or tracking, so they can utilize their skills on the attack. Spain is not the only team doing this obviously, as top club teams are using not only strikers but attacking mid fielders and outside flank players to attack and not have much, if any defensive responsibility. I was contrasting two styles that were used at the WC, clearly we know which one was more effective.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binger's Army 2 - 1 Train

Spirited game for Friday night lights at Van Tech. We came out dead flat and the young crew from Hrvat took it to us for the first 45, making nice runs off the ball, dominating the midfield and wreaking havoc for our backline. Luckily despite all the possession we were able to limit the scoring chances mainly to shots from distance which Critter dealt with. 0-0 at the half. Second half was much better for us and we started to actually string some passes together. However, the Train go up 1-0 on a pk call that could most accurately be described as ridiculous. We showed some character though and kept pushing eventually tying it on a well placed Dunn free kick from 20 yards. Both squads pushed for the winner with us whipping in a number of crosses and Hrvat pressuring our backs with some nice skill on the outsides. We pot the game winner in injury time off a corner kick / scramble which Andrew Cooke pokes into the corner.

All in all a good battle which we've come to exspect from the Train. The youth movement is in full effect and they will be a good, exciting squad for a long time. Also have to day that Brian was absolutely outstanding in the back for Hrvat. For my money the best centre back in the league, especially when he plays like he did tonight.

Big 3 points for the Army and will see what happens in the epic Rino - Norvan tilt tomorrow.

GB.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened in the out of town scoreboard on saturday?

Hearing Westside got pounded 5-0 by Norvan. Chile 7-0 over CAFA. Haven't heard a result from the battle of Olympics, I am sure it was a beautiful game at Hillcrest though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0