Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
NorVan 1-0 Binger's Army

As expected the cream of the crop rose to the top. Congrats to all my boys headed back to Premier Soccer.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were you there Berg? I caught the second half. Bingers had a couple chances to score but Norvan's keeper made one great stop (plus a non-call on what some might consider a handball in the box). Norvan were full marks for the win though.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Tony S (I hear Seddon Jr. was responsible for assembling this group (?)) and the Norvan boys, hard fought win on an ugly pitch. Good luck in Prem next year. No anymosity with Binger's...we still like them, Critter and the rest of the crew couldn't make it happen today, but in true Binger's fashion fought till the end.
Good year for them regardless.

It's good to see that the level in Div 1 has risen to the point where up until the end (I know there are some pending games) four teams had a chance to move up and where Norvan will most likely edge second place by a mere point when all the make ups are done. A very good move by the vmsl executive to stick with the restructure of Div 1 in spite of the super league fiasco. Again, well done Norvan, those "pops" must have tasted very sweet after the win. pd

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Norvan lads on a well deserved promotion campaign. Also a shout out to the Bonefish who must be pumped with the teams promotion as it seems like only yesterday it was him I was playing against on those rainy weekends in the north van. Good squad , well coached and very disciplined bunch usually equates to success and you lads have proved that theory correct.

On a side note we beat Desmesh 5 -0

On to next week , congrats again Norvan more so to my buddy Bonefish well done lads good luck next season

cheers , the Rattler

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Norvan on their promotion...................................... Why did CAFA default tonight with so much on the line? .................................Heading out to Slurry tomorrow night to watch Hrvat vs Lobbans. Hope it isn't freezing pissing and windy............................PS Do not attempt to cross the tracks during cup play it could be fatal...................... still choo chooing!!!!!!!

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even using hockey analogy, I was bang on in predicting Norvan to finish first :) They showed most quality and are the best team in Div 1 this year. Congratulations...

CAFA should go back to DIV 2 with Desmesh. Defaulting game is garbage.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
van o showed up to newton with a full squad. CAFA had 5 or 6 players. They told us a "group" were on their way...but they were at the mercy of the transit system as they were riding the bus. 10mins after 8 they said they were no longer coming and called the game. disappointing that a div 1 squad cant get full commitment from its team and show up with an under-manned squad.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also a shout out to the Bonefish who must be pumped with the teams promotion as it seems like only yesterday it was him I was playing against on those rainy weekends in the north van.
Lots of good memories TR.... great competitive atmosphere, not so great soccer skillz at times but desire and passion to battle nonstop for 90 even on a rain swept winter evening with the temperature hovering at 3degrees.

The entire Norvan club Div 3, Div2, CAT, U21 the O'35s and the first team themselves are proud of the individuals(players and staff) that put the work in on and off the field to make this season possible. There are some dedicated, unsung heroes that deserve a big hand for weathering storms over the past few seasons, believing in the club and making substantial sacrifices to keep the collective Norvan moving forward.

Bonefish

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were you there Berg? I caught the second half. Bingers had a couple chances to score but Norvan's keeper made one great stop (plus a non-call on what some might consider a handball in the box). Norvan were full marks for the win though.

I was there for the party and that's all that matters :)

tsedds

Nov 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Tony S (I hear Seddon Jr. was responsible for assembling this group (?)) and the Norvan boys, hard fought win on an ugly pitch. Good luck in Prem next year. No anymosity with Binger's...we still like them, Critter and the rest of the crew couldn't make it happen today, but in true Binger's fashion fought till the end.
Good year for them regardless.

It's good to see that the level in Div 1 has risen to the point where up until the end (I know there are some pending games) four teams had a chance to move up and where Norvan will most likely edge second place by a mere point when all the make ups are done. A very good move by the vmsl executive to stick with the restructure of Div 1 in spite of the super league fiasco. Again, well done Norvan, those "pops" must have tasted very sweet after the win. pd

Thanks PD... it was good to have most of the old Norvan boys back, with some great young guys added to the mix. We were accused of some kick and run this year, but it was mostly due to our pace that we could expose teams and play balls in behind the backlines. I think we've improved enough to think we can stay up next year, but it's going to be that much tougher. Either way, there were some good tests throughout the Div 1 season (Van Oly were VERY good in the second half of the season). Isn't it great to see the parity in the new VMSL, since they got rid of all the clutching and grabbing :rolleyes: Good luck the rest of the way and maybe we'll each pull off some upsets and meet in the Cup??

@Berg - sorry for pulling a Houdini at the after-party... a few too many tequilas and rides on the mechanical bull (euphamism for taking home a fat chick??)

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even using hockey analogy, I was bang on in predicting Norvan to finish first :) They showed most quality and are the best team in Div 1 this year. Congratulations...

CAFA should go back to DIV 2 with Desmesh. Defaulting game is garbage.

you still have a long way to go before you get that thing called credibilty back, lol, no two-ways around that :)

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predicted that Norvan will win + that CAFA will go down. After tonight and CAFA 1-0 loss, they are officially relegated.

That makes it 2 for 2.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predicted that Norvan will win + that CAFA will go down. After tonight and CAFA 1-0 loss, they are officially relegated.

That makes it 2 for 2.

Actually CAFA were officially relegated last week when Lobbans took points off NK Hrvat on Sunday night. Desmesh are going down with them as 2 teams are demoted this year.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness to CAFA, being on a team that conceded 20 goals in 2 games, it must be hard turn up the next week, especially being relegated already. If anything, defaulting and taking the 1-0 is helping their average goals against

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for the record the Lobbans and Hrvat tied 2-2. Who ever posts or reports the scores is asleep at the wheel.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chile 5-1 Lobbans - Good pace to this one, but it really was just a formality with Lobbans already secured in Div 1 for next season, and us, well, the same, lol. PD was out celebrating the big 34 last night so the old noggin isn't too happy with us this fine evening. Can't wait for cup to start. Great year for Div 1, the level has jumped and I think the promoted teams will see the benefit of that when playing with the big boys come September.

*Shameless Plug Coming * Please refer to my Multicultural Soccer Association thread in the Summer Leagues Forum - We are taking applications and the league is very competitive with cash prizes to divisional champs, finals at Swangard.

PD

Rinzler

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey can someone explain the promotion and relegation for VMSL Div.1 and Premier as well. Whose going up and down? Is it the Top 2 or 3 in Div.1 going to Premier? For VMSL Premier whose going down? Also for Div.1 whose going down? tys

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious if there are any VMSL Div.1 sides that would be interested in a friendly in August against the North Fraser Selects, formally Golden Ears United (FVSL Premier).

PM if interested. We can provide a field as well as travel if you can get a park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0