Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL D2] Results & Banter February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympic depleted (and injury) DPR drew 1-1 with Surrey STU. DPR only had 9 players. Surrey have a great field to play on. Definitely one of the best. Nice bunch of guys as well.

Thanks to the league for great planning around the Olympics. I would have thought that they would have cancelled games without penalty if one team couldn't get a team.

I made the drive out to Surrey to watch this game as I have some buddies on the team.

DPR played very well for having just 9 guys and worked hard for the full 90. Kudos to the guys that showed up for them and played a good hard clean game. Good group of guys as well.

First look at the North Surrey pitch and I agree that pitch is mint.

Villa, in case you were wondering I was the guy on the sidelines trying to convince the STU coach to sub off any STU player that messed up.:D

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for that Gurps. Kind words are alway appreciated. We have had two good games against Surrey and they seem to be good lads. They have had some stuffings this season but like to enjoy their football.

I was the second half goalie trying to give simple instructions to the winger...

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks very much to the North Shore Reds for making us come out to them when they didn't show. Poor showing. I hope they get charged the ref fee as well. We forfeited a game but had the decency to let the other team know a day in advance. Guess they didn't want to be thrashed by the 10 guys (plus 2 youth players) that we turned up with. Or they were putting on their dresses and makeup for the Oscars...

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Cleo's FC for winning the Div III championship, and their subsequent promotion to Div II with a 3-2 win yesterday over the Cliff Sr. Cobras.

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the Cleo's game. The game was never in question. Cliff with 2 shite goals-1 own goal and 1 in a scramble. Cleos look to be a team that won't go back down to Div.3. I saw the Squamish and Signmaster game beforehand and the Cleos will compete
They must have had 1 hell of a party at their sponsor's place:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to Cleo's.......:) Toughest thing to do in any division in the world......gain promotion and then try to fit the whole team in for a 'massage'

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
does cleo's still where the red kits with the logo of the 2 ladies kissing the soccer balls?

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
does cleo's still where the red kits with the logo of the 2 ladies kissing the soccer balls?

I noticed blue jerseys with 5 ladies in various poses. I was talking to one of their guys afterwards and it was kinda hard to look him in the eyes with a logo like that! They are a complete opposite team from years previous.
Good luck to them and you gotta feel for Cliff. They win 3A, play a 1 game promo game and lose=season's over. In the future, if the league does this format again, I would like to see an aggregate of 2 games-home and away.
P.S. I did see the Panthers play twice- one vs PCOV and the other vs Cleos, I would say that the Panthers and Cleos were the best 2 in the div

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I noticed blue jerseys with 5 ladies in various poses. I was talking to one of their guys afterwards and it was kinda hard to look him in the eyes with a logo like that! They are a complete opposite team from years previous.
Good luck to them and you gotta feel for Cliff. They win 3A, play a 1 game promo game and lose=season's over. In the future, if the league does this format again, I would like to see an aggregate of 2 games-home and away.
P.S. I did see the Panthers play twice- one vs PCOV and the other vs Cleos, I would say that the Panthers and Cleos were the best 2 in the div

thx brother,, reason i ask is i was the one responsible for the original design.. In fact i kept my number 10 jesrsey as a souvenir when i left the team... It just wasnt the same when they change from the United nationals...I believe disount cards were part of the package with cleo's as a sponsor back then.. Hopefully the guys playing soccer on there behalf are taking advantage of the happy endings package ( if its still available):D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
thx brother,, reason i ask is i was the one responsible for the original design.. In fact i kept my number 10 jesrsey as a souvenir when i left the team... It just wasnt the same when they change from the United nationals...I believe disount cards were part of the package with cleo's as a sponsor back then.. Hopefully the guys playing soccer on there behalf are taking advantage of the happy endings package ( if its still available):D

Madame Cleo's that was formerly on Richards has been gone for months. The building was knocked down along with Richard's on Richard's to make way for a new condo development.

The team may only have the name as a legacy and be looking to change it next year... Unless Cleo's reopened somewhere else in the city?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I'll just post here even though we're mid-March.

Sarajevo 6 - PGR 3

3-3 at half. Sarajevo with majority of play in 1st half, but we got a goal from 70(!) yards out so were lucky to be tied here.

Then Haji, the worst ref in VMSL took over (and yes I'll take John's screw ups over Haji as John at least will reason with you and talk with you). The first 15 minutes of 2nd half was good soccer - clean, back and forth chances - much more equal play than 1st half as we made some adjustments. Then the ref decides to call a phantom penalty just outside our 18. The Sarajevo guy hit a fantastic shot just inside the post for 4-3. Those are the breaks I guess - we felt screwed, but 1 goal down is no biggie I guess. 10 minutes later Sarajevo attacks down the left side, ball is crossed in and the most blatant hand ball by their striker I've seen (hand stretched out, leaning to the ball), he bats the ball down and a second later it's in the back of the net. No &%$! call. I mean I don't know how much more obvious a hand ball can be, but this ref turns around and points to the centre circle. Obviously we went a bit apesh!t ...

Anyway, last game of the season and this ref had to influence like that - horrible. We basically threatened to walk off the field and the ref starts screaming at us to stay and play. We're telling him "you've already ruined a good game, just call it now". So after a red and an injury he called it a few minutes early.

What bugs me is that Sarajevo were the better team on the night, no question, especially in the 1st half, but we all know that often being the better team doesn't translate in to a win. Decisions by the ref that totally influence the result of the game though are infuriating and this clown has done this twice to us this year. He obviously makes the game about him and not about the two teams playing.

For the record, Sarajevo has some mad skill. There are a couple of guys who are pretty damn good players and I guess it's no surprise they're still in Cup. I find it hard to believe they're only in 4th place in our division...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think HNK are gonna get throttled. I've seen Desmesh play, and if they have a full squad, should easily beat HNK. Don't know anything about Squamish, though.

Any idea when this is supposed to go down?

flaren

Nov 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV beat Vatreni 3-2. PCOV celebrated every goal like they won the world cup, kinda a funny for team eliminated from cup and finished 2nd in league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0