Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was that the conclusion of the Ladner/Leopards game where the lights went out? Did they replay the whole thing? If so, that seems to go against the league's past precedent where they keep the original score and play the remaining minutes...

That was not supposed to happen.......they were just supposed to finish the remaining 30 minutes....it was 2 or 3 - 0 for AFC when that happened so I don't know how it was 6 - 1? :confused:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both Primo an GN should go down and have fun. In order to stay in dive one you have to have two or three premier players. It is no fun loosing games. People do not show up and things get worse progresevley.
Club like Premo with many over age guys should go down and have fun go to B Cup and realy injoy it. You need a younger club and two solid practices a week to stay up there. Most of the clubs do not do that and it shows walf way through the season.

Mr Base, I am just curious what team you play for. You seem to talk a lot of unsolicited shite about a lot of teams without ever really knowing the full story. Injuries besieged us this year and we have never really recovered.

Further, a few players who lacked character, balls and integrity left the team during our brutal spell which left us short players and forced to dress players till nursing injuries.

For you to make such unsubstantiated remarks (punctuated by two different spellings of Prmio/Premo) shows ignorance. Let us know who you are, what team you represent and what number you wear. I wear #13 for Primo Metro Ford. Be glad to shake your hand one of these days and hear your arguments face to face like men.

Just my $0.02.

davey_bc

Sep 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI Ladner lost. Primo should be safe unless Club I United gets replayed with Ladner. I doubt it will, based on what happened. I understand getting pissed when there is a collision with your keeper. I would have thought rangers would have lined up to have a polk at animal. I am not sure why the ref was targeted, then again i wasn't there.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know who to believe now given the conflicting reports. I am sitting at work stressing about whether we're safe or not, hitting refresh like a crack fiend taking his next hit and typing rebuttals to Mr Base(head) who seems to post in every forum about every team.

So does this mean Ladner and GN should both go down Mr Base?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Straight from the team I discovered the result was AFC over Ladner 5-0. Enough shite. Game was over before it started with AFC scoring within a minute of kickoff to make it 4-0.

Best of luck to Ladner in the playoff, represent side B well and hopefully see you fellas next year.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - Hooped Idiots 0

Poor PK called 20 minutes in and RCIU GK Cowboy saves it. 40 minutes in, our young Renny misses a partial break-away. 0-0 at half. 10 minutes into second half, a poor turnover results in a Sapp shot from 25 yards which takes a nasty OG deflection into the top shelf. We add some extra pressure and crosses but can't muster anything close to a finish. Thought a more fair result would have been a draw. Whatever...well done to Sapp on promotion and now everyone can get ready for Cup(s).

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - Hooped Idiots 0

Poor PK called 20 minutes in and RCIU GK Cowboy saves it. 40 minutes in, our young Renny misses a partial break-away. 0-0 at half. 10 minutes into second half, a poor turnover results in a Sapp shot from 25 yards which takes a nasty OG deflection into the top shelf. We add some extra pressure and crosses but can't muster anything close to a finish. Thought a more fair result would have been a draw. Whatever...well done to Sapp on promotion and now everyone can get ready for Cup(s).

You make it sound like Sapp was lucky. How that's not a PK?

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does one not pot the PK? Yes...I thought Sapp was lucky. This is TTP? even if it is not TTP, how did Sapp (a very stong, officially promoted team), not hammer a bunch of 20 year-olds plus Animal? Yah, I guess we were lucky? First dance, 0-0 at half, and then Sapp pissed on us 5-1 or something as our older/fatter roster handed you over the ball...if you need it WAB, yes your boys filled the net. Second dance, 0-0 at half, and then Sapp scores on an OG??? No, not lucky at all?

FCN

Jan 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
As an independent spectator I saw RCIU and Sapperton and i thought a draw would have been fair. RCIU worked hard but only had two dangerous players going forward 16 and 17 and they had little support behind them. Saps goal was a flukey shot...and they weren t very dangerous most of the game. But how can u be when most of the game your only going forward with 6 men and your keeping 4 back to mark 1 striker and richmond has 10 men behind the ball.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it's TTP. I've been here for 8 1/2 years. Finally, there are some posters that like to give their opinion on some games and that makes the thread interesting. The RU guys are always good for it.

Our goal was a hard shot that was immediately deflected from 22 out which made it loop over the goalie and into the net. Fair enough - lucky deflection. We should have scored on our PK which would have made it 1-0. The rest of the time, scoring chances were few and far between with mostly 1/2 chances all around. After the miss PK it should probably have run 0-0. I thought we had the ball for 75% of the time and possessed inside the RCIU 18 box a lot of the time.
The 1/2 chance breakaway you had with 10 to go in the 1st was your best chance. Unfortunately for RCIU his first and 2nd touches let him down and he ended up with a really bad angle. If it was on net, Garth would have had it easily.
I give you tonnes of credit, you battled and had us on our heals for the last 10 minutes or so. Usually teams fold and run out of gas in Div1.

Good luck in the Imperial:);)

FCN

Jan 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Like I said RCIU worked hard and did well. As an independent observer who hasnt seen RCIU play much before I d like to know what the difference for them was between the first half of the season where they managed only 3 pts and the 2nd half of the season where they worked there way up to 5th spot.....and lost to only the two top teams...........coaching?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I d like to know what the difference for them was between the first half of the season where they managed only 3 pts and the 2nd half of the season where they worked there way up to 5th spot.....and lost to only the two top teams...........coaching?

Well, they are a lot younger team compared to the first time we played them. They work just as hard, but don't die in the 2nd half like before. And they are a little more talented from what I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0