Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same rookie coach ;) so it can't be that. Work rate is always fairly decent with the Idiots and/or Hoops, so it likely isn't that. Some younger personnel from college season + a tweaked system + fitness + ???

First half, we weren't just losing...we were getting thumped...like I'm not sure any former RUFC players can recall. It also was typically in the 2nd half. WAB...much better/detailed/accurate game report than "sounds lucky".

Cup play now for everyone. Half of the VMSL's team's seasons will be over in 1 week. Hopefully not the "younger hooped idiots". Good luck to everyone!

mugjamari

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Akal vs Hurricanes match can be considered the "bridesmaid cup" to see who the real runner-up is. It would be nice to see ICST Peg vs Sapp match to have an unofficial Division 1 winner
If you subtract ICST, Div 1A is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than 1B.

There are no real upper level teams, with most teams as low quality teams. Div 1A had 3 teams that came from div 2, whereas 1B only had 1.

Rino and Olympics were alot weaker than they usually are.

Cliff Ave is very inconsistent.

The top 4 teams all could have won 1A if ICST Peg wasn't there. And yes that includes RCIU, who were one of the hottest teams in the second half( after remodelling their team)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mugjamari, I totally agree. Having seen both sides throughout the season, Division One B was definitely a tougher side. If Cliff Avenue fielded the team they did the last game they would have been a lot closer to the top but there were 3 division 2 teams in side 'A'.......I wonder how ICST Peg ended up on side 'A'?????????? :eek:

Anyway, it should be fun to see how everyone does in the Imperial Cup.....and Division One Cup. :D

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
We trained on the field beside the game and I'd say it was like 8-0 Hurricanes.

That sounds about right italian stallion, Hurricanes scored early and often. Akal has really been sinking since the Christmas break and if they don't wake up the Imperial Cup game against Captain's boyz is going to get ugly....:confused:

ps like 8-0 wasn't ugly enough

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you subtract ICST, Div 1A is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than 1B.

There are no real upper level teams, with most teams as low quality teams. Div 1A had 3 teams that came from div 2, whereas 1B only had 1.

Rino and Olympics were alot weaker than they usually are.

Cliff Ave is very inconsistent.

The top 4 teams all could have won 1A if ICST Peg wasn't there. And yes that includes RCIU, who were one of the hottest teams in the second half( after remodelling their team)

I haven't seen enough of Div 1 Side B to comment on the "easier side" but results always speak for themselves: :D

Green Devils 3 Polonia 1 (Div 1 Cup)
Bombastic 2 Ladner 1 (Div 1 Cup)
Cliff Ave 2 AFC 1 (Imperial)
Romania 3 GN 1 (Div 1 Cup)

3-1 overall for Side A :eek:

In my estimation, Olympics were our toughest opponent this season, although I missed our most recent game against them the other night. A lot of the Olympic results against other teams on Side A surprised me but I guess that's the thing about Div 1...you need to be prepared to play each weekend. Yes, Akal has had some shocking results in exhibition games versus Side B teams but they can be very difficult to play against when they are committed....they definitely did look better last year though. Cliff Ave has a bright future and Bingers will always give you decent game, although we were fortunate enough to hammer them both times this year. Since "the Kaiser" signed on to help out with coaching Westside, they have played much better and I predict that they will be mid to top of the table next season.

After Sapperton, Hurricanes and Lobbans I don't really see too much on Side B, so maybe the sides are more even than we think :cool:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen enough of Div 1 Side B to comment on the "easier side" but results always speak for themselves: :D

Green Devils 3 Polonia 1 (Div 1 Cup)
Bombastic 2 Ladner 1 (Div 1 Cup)
Cliff Ave 2 AFC 1 (Imperial)
Romania 3 GN 1 (Div 1 Cup)

3-1 overall for Side A :eek:

In my estimation, Olympics were our toughest opponent this season....Cliff Ave has a bright future and Bingers will always give you decent game, although we were fortunate enough to hammer them both times this year.

After Sapperton, Hurricanes and Lobbans I don't really see too much on Side B, so maybe the sides are more even than we think :cool:

The Div 1 Cup really means nothing - any teams going in that cup have already kissed the season goodbye. Other than RCIU, the rest of those teams really don't care about the cup. What I'm most intrigued by is the Cliff/AFC result. I said before, it depends on what AFC & Cliff side you get on the day. I wouldn't doubt Cliff is overall a better team, but AFC has 20-some guys, some of which are past Premier players. So it really depends who bothered to show up. Since it was an Imperial Cup game, you would hope it was their "better" players.
The difference between the 2 sides lies at the top, not through the middle. B had 3 really good squads showed up to play every game. A had 1. The drop off from Indo to the rest was immense, whereas the top 3 on B were very close. 7-0 vs Sapp could be considered an anomaly, 8-0 vs Hurricanes shows a definite inferiority.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Div 1 Cup really means nothing - any teams going in that cup have already kissed the season goodbye. Other than RCIU, the rest of those teams really don't care about the cup. What I'm most intrigued by is the Cliff/AFC result. I said before, it depends on what AFC & Cliff side you get on the day. I wouldn't doubt Cliff is overall a better team, but AFC has 20-some guys, some of which are past Premier players. So it really depends who bothered to show up. Since it was an Imperial Cup game, you would hope it was their "better" players.
The difference between the 2 sides lies at the top, not through the middle. B had 3 really good squads showed up to play every game. A had 1. The drop off from Indo to the rest was immense, whereas the top 3 on B were very close. 7-0 vs Sapp could be considered an anomaly, 8-0 vs Hurricanes shows a definite inferiority.

Having seen every team this year in both divisions(except Sapperton) there is very little between the two. However the 2nd and 3rd place teams in side 'B' were probably a bit stronger than the 2nd or 3rd in side 'A'. Having said that, Reedie was right about the Olympics and Cliff Avenue. Both teams were good division one teams and with similar squads from the start, the gap would not have been as great. Cliff Avenue and the Olympics would DEFINITELY give Punjab Hurricanes a run for their money. Binger's are a decent team too. Akal played very defensively in the last game.

Most teams who played ICST Peg played either a 4 - 5 - 1 or a 5 - 4 - 1 for what that is worth.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

WAB, Akal is a heckle and jeckle team and both you and Hurricanes caught them on one of their bad nights (btw, would that be heckle or jeckle?). These 2 friendlies are not a very good representation of the entire Side A and, in reality, they do not display any "inferiority" between the divisions or sub-sections of the divisions, in my view. It is also not a valid sample size for your conclusions :eek:

For further evidence, last season Peg tied Akal 1-1 in our first league game and then we whipped them 8-0 in the second game, which was still very meaningful.

Attachments

• Heckle_and_Jeckle.png
    Heckle_and_Jeckle.png
    219.8 KB · Views: 45

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Most teams who played ICST Peg played either a 4 - 5 - 1 or a 5 - 4 - 1 for what that is worth.

OK, I will adjust my position and say that the 2 sides were closer than most think, but ICST Peg scored 66 goals! So either the opposition was not that good, or Peg was fcukin awesome! Probably more of the latter, but still, defensive tactics and you still managed to score over 3.5 goals a game. That must say something about the opposition.
Mind you, we did score 64. What the hell....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I slept on it and came to the conclusion that both sides in Div 1 are equal - equally mediocre. Time to move on to Premier.:) Hopefully we won't be back in Div 1 soon. Good luck, Hurricanes; you will NOT need it.:)

Nemesis

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quit licking ass Bob....we already know what you're all about.
PS 66 is a few more than 64....not that it matters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0