Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2008/09 Results, Predictions, & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie-G

Dec 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What I'm most intrigued by is the Cliff/AFC result.

Having never played AFC in the past 3 seasons, Saturday was our first look at the club. IMO, Cliff thoroughly took control of the game (which obviously isn't indicative of the scoreline), but we had 90% of the play in the 1st half and were not able to knock in one of 10+ decent scoring chances. All AFC was able to do was counterattack and that was how they scored their 1st half goal. 1on1 near the corner of the 18, goalie got a piece of the shot, but the deflection bounced up and backwards straight into the top corner. 2nd half starts and game begins to slow down and even out as game starts being played at an AFC pace. Finally we regain control and start playing our game, make some subs and knock in 2 in the last 25 mins. First was of a nice through ball, striker makes a good cut inside the 18 and pops it far corner. 2nd goal was off a partial break where same striker streaks onto a ball played from defense, over the heads of the AFC defense, and slots it for the lead. From then on AFC didn't really have much to build on as our D shut them down.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quit licking ass Bob....we already know what you're all about.
PS 66 is a few more than 64....not that it matters!
The sobering second thought is 2 pretty even sides with B having tougher 2nd & 3rd place teams than A.
You should have had 70, but the Olympics are probably better than their record indicates.
BTW, what will VANOC & the IOC do about the Olympics name next year?:confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having never played AFC in the past 3 seasons, Saturday was our first look at the club. IMO, Cliff thoroughly took control of the game (which obviously isn't indicative of the scoreline), but we had 90% of the play in the 1st half and were not able to knock in one of 10+ decent scoring chances. All AFC was able to do was counterattack and that was how they scored their 1st half goal. 1on1 near the corner of the 18, goalie got a piece of the shot, but the deflection bounced up and backwards straight into the top corner. 2nd half starts and game begins to slow down and even out as game starts being played at an AFC pace. Finally we regain control and start playing our game, make some subs and knock in 2 in the last 25 mins. First was of a nice through ball, striker makes a good cut inside the 18 and pops it far corner. 2nd goal was off a partial break where same striker streaks onto a ball played from defense, over the heads of the AFC defense, and slots it for the lead. From then on AFC didn't really have much to build on as our D shut them down.
Sounds like you dominated. AFC is Jekyll & Hyde. Hope we win and get to play you.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gooch
"Polonia was missing half their roster. I would hardly consider that a comfortable win , the free kick was a crap call, and I recall them being all over you after a horrific start. Meh whatever , GD (sp) will lose in the next round , by far the worst team Polonia has played all year and played terrible."

There you have it; B is better than A

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The AFC team this year is COMPLETELY different to the last two years. In fact, it is a NEW team........

Apples and Oranges..........

Chilean Superstar

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cliff Avenue deserved the win. AFC was short a few players including their best player which happens to play centre mid. Good effort from Cliff Avenue. Good luck the rest of the way.

P.S.: AFC is actually Estrella de Chile so the team is totally different from past years.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side B
Jason Pierotti (Sapperton)
I could nominate anyone of about 8 Sapp guys, but Jason scored a lot of goals (close to 20?); most in spectacular fashion and usually when the score was still close. But what sticks out the most in my mind was the absolute cracker of a goal he scored vs the Hurricanes, from 35-40 yards out with 10 min to go, to put us in the driver's seat for promotion. One of the most memorable goals for Sapp, that ranks up there with Jeff Rogers' 2006 BC Provincial Final GWG, vs the Firemen, in extra time.

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A
Rob Reed (ICSTPeg)
I would nominate any of about 24 Peg guys, but Rob's goals per minute average was unheard of (close to a goal a minute?); all his goals were finished in typical clinical fashion. He was calm and cool in high pressure situations, and always willing to put himself in during close matches against the Green Devils and Burnaby Fury. He showed everyone the true meaning of player coach. :cool:

Coach/Rookie of the Year!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A
Rob Reed (ICSTPeg)

Awesome stuff. You're my hero, Rob. When I put myself in I only managed a shot or 2 and not on net - but I did play defense most if the time.

What about the "Super-Sub" Award? You must be up for that one as well.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A
Rob Reed (ICSTPeg)
I would nominate any of about 24 Peg guys, but Rob's goals per minute average was unheard of (close to a goal a minute?); all his goals were finished in typical clinical fashion. He was calm and cool in high pressure situations, and always willing to put himself in during close matches against the Green Devils and Burnaby Fury. He showed everyone the true meaning of player coach. :cool:

Yep, it gets a little confusing around here with all these wannabe "Reeds" posting. Matter of fact, I think Regs should mandate a revision on the moniker for young Andrew Reed....Based on the current season, here are some suggestions:

1). "The Shuttle": Andrew missed a game this year because he had to give a girl a ride to the airport

2). "Nip and Tuck" or "Mrs Usher": Andrew missed a game this year due to complications from plastic surgery

3). "Tara Reid": Andrew missed a game this year due to a torn boob. The spelling of Reid is feminine but it clearly differentiates him from me

You get the idea...

Regs, please make the changes ASAP...maybe we could even have a poll? My vote would go to "The Shuttle"...that is the best excuse I have ever heard.

Thanks

:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep, it gets a little confusing around here with all these wannabe "Reeds" posting. Matter of fact, I think Regs should mandate a revision on the moniker for young Andrew Reed....Based on the current season, here are some suggestions:

1). "The Shuttle": Andrew missed a game this year because he had to give a girl a ride to the airport

2). "Nip and Tuck" or "Mrs Usher": Andrew missed a game this year due to complications from plastic surgery

3). "Tara Reid": Andrew missed a game this year due to a torn boob. The spelling of Reid is feminine but it clearly differentiates him from me

You get the idea...

Regs, please make the changes ASAP...maybe we could even have a poll? My vote would go to "The Shuttle"...that is the best excuse I have ever heard.

Thanks

:wa:

Reeder, any response to Coach Reedie? :D

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's one for Reedy...

"La Grande Poutine": Rob missed a game this year and was caught numerous times on national television mowing down a poutine at the Canucks vs Coyotes game in Phoenix.

P.S. The ride to the airport paid off in the end I have no regrets. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0