Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know at what point municipalities decide to close down turf fields? Anyone who trains on turf mid week can surely agree the surfaces were for the most part, rock hard. The City Of Richmond has deemed Minoru to be OPEN for business as of 930 this morning. With temperatures over night dropping so low, is it safe/smart to be out there running on it? Thoughts?

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I briefly spoke with management at your camp and I think its very unlikely they will close minirou. Maybe the ref will give it an inspection.but I think we are on.
Anybody know at what point municipalities decide to close down turf fields? Anyone who trains on turf mid week can surely agree the surfaces were for the most part, rock hard. The City Of Richmond has deemed Minoru to be OPEN for business as of 930 this morning. With temperatures over night dropping so low, is it safe/smart to be out there running on it? Thoughts?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be soft, Club I Champ. When I was younger we played on cement if we had to just to get a game in. Players nowadays are so soft.

#thankfcukI'mnotplayinginthisweather

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not being soft at all, it was merely a question for TTP land. I know who won't be wearing any Under Armour or Snoodes tomorrow...

Prince_TM

Dec 7, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching the Akal vs Rinos Game i was very shocked to see what a strong side Akal have. They had a bucket load of chances just could not finish. The 2-0 result was definitely not how they game panned out. Rinos simply finished their chances while Akal did not. Nevertheless Rinos are a hardworking team and i believe that had a huge part to do with their victory. Well done to them ! Any thought Rinos on the game?

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After watching the Akal vs Rinos Game i was very shocked to see what a strong side Akal have. They had a bucket load of chances just could not finish. The 2-0 result was definitely not how they game panned out. Rinos simply finished their chances while Akal did not. Nevertheless Rinos are a hardworking team and i believe that had a huge part to do with their victory. Well done to them ! Any thought Rinos on the game?

We played defensive formation after last weeks slip up to Serbia
We were in there half more than 60 per of the game most of the first half and half of the second half
Akal has improved a lot from the start of the season and i think they can stay up if they play well for the remaining games
Our goalie did make some very good saves and was our man of the match

Prince_TM

Dec 7, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya it was a pretty good game to watch with rinos number 15 battling with akals number 5. I think akal will stay up As well.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money

Go dump some water in the centre circle so it is like a ice rink and problem solved.......next question

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sarajevo 3-2 GFC.

Another heartbreaker, sounding like a broken record here. Another heinous missed call from a linesman that directly affected the score - more broken records.

We probably inched it as the better side. Had a quality first half, went 1-0 from a really nicely worked move down the right flank. Quick passing, ball on the floor, nice stuff. Keeper made a good save but the rebound was tapped in. Sarajevo had a few speculative efforts from 35 yards or more, trying to replicate their Tshabala golazo from the first time we played them!

Second half was a more mixed affair. I had a couple of saves to make, but nothing overly clear cut until a lad in blue boots waltzed through a couple tackles and smashed in the equaliser from 12 yards. V good tricky run. We went back ahead, good overlap from the fullback, low cross that was well finished beyond the back post. We then started to lose our shape, as is our wont. A rebound from a well-blocked shot fell kindly to a Sarajevo man on the edge of the area who hit it through a sea of players and into the bottom corner. A decent enough strike - i was unsighted.

Last goal was infuriating. Corner swung over, defender and striker go up, ball loops off one of them onto the crossbar and back into the mix. Bit of pinball before their striker essentially catches the ball and turns, before striking into the goal from 4 yards. God knows how the line-o didn't spot the handball. A few of their players admitted they couldn't believe it counted.

After last week when we had a ball hit the stantion and bounce out, and no goal being given, followed by this, it makes you wonder what the point of paying for linesman is? Genuinely shocking, tantamount to guesswork.

As for the pitches being too hard, I think its a fair point. Yes I was in my snood, but it was like concrete. If you were to hit your head, you'd be in real trouble. My water-bottle froze solid. Got enormous lumps on my elbow and knees from diving - not an enjoyable day to be a keeper. Our game was just about playable, the girls that were using the field after us, I did not envy.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 1 BINGERS ARMY 1

This was not a memorable game by any stretch, especially for us.

Game was fairly even from the get go, and then shite hit the fan. Ref called a foul, their big man didn't like and proceeded to have some words with our CB. Bingers players had a moan at the Ref about it " he's all over him " etc etc and he took issue with those moans, and preceded to let everyone know he is the official, let him do his job, meaning, shut up. As this was all going on, Bingers big man who got fouled continued having words and apparently threw a head butt. The linesman on the far touch line saw this and called the ref over. After a quick chat, he produces a straight red. Big man says he didn't do anything as he protests leaving the field. After the game our player said he in fact did hit him.

ANYWAYS, on to the game. We managed to pot one mid way through and it stayed that way until the half. Second half, we came out insanely flat, just couldn't string together enough quality when it mattered in the final third to see off the game, and as everyone knows, in those sorts of games is when you're likely to give up that once chance, and that's precisely what happened and Bingers capitalized. A misplayed ball along our back line saw their lone strike knick the ball and go in alone, our keeper came out and stopped the shot, but it bounced right back at the strikers feet and he promptly went around the keeper and slotted into the empty goal. We pushed back with some urgency in the final 10, but as Bingers do, they defended with their lives and made it difficult, credit to them.

Disappointing is an understatement, especially given the fact we played up a man for the majority of the game.:banghead:

ARMYGEDDON

Mar 4, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the red card - Big man says he walked in to the RFC defender after he refused to get out of his face. There may have been some contact (from both sides) but in no way was it a head butt. The fact that no one from RFC was asking for a call (including the player on the receiving end of the "head butt") makes me think a straight red was unwarranted. Looked like another case of a linesman trying to be the star of the game.

Can't argue with the rest of CIC's assessment. That's a win-tie for the Army having been down a man for 75 minutes.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upset alert: Akal 1-0 Olympics

Just when you thought things might be getting dull at the top...

As much as this is bad news for Olympics it is worse for GN, Campo and Gastown who were trying to chase down Akal for survival.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC Campo 1 - 4 GFC

Finally, a win!! A good performance from us as we refused to surrender a lead (I wasn't in goal, suspended, must be a coincidence...) and finally got a little bit of luck in front of goal. We probably didn't create 4 clear-cut chances per se, but we took our chances well and held of Campo, who looked a little bit out of sorts.

1st was a fortunate break on the edge of the area, but our attacker made the most of it, squirming through 2 or 3 players on the edge of the box before calmly slotting from 12 yards. Campo hit the post with a blistering freekick, but we went 2-0 5 mins before the half, really nice left footed curler in off the far post from 25 yards.

2nd half was pretty dominant from us again. 3-0 came with a big slice of luck, poorly cleared corner was scuffed on the edge of the area, fell to another one of our players who struck it well back through the crowd where a big deflection wronged the keeper. Campo got one back with a slick move that was well slid in before our keeper could get there. One of their lads talked himself into a red which seemed a bit harsh, before we stuck in the fourth. A blocked shot fell to our man who lofted it cleverly over the keeper from 20 yards.

Despite not really 'working' any of our goals, we were good value for the win and could have had a couple more. Was nice to feel in control for 90 mins, as we've only done it in patches so far. Hopefully we can kick on and who knows...?

Not bottom of the table at Christmas, taking all the positives I can here!!

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
AC Campo 1 - 4 GFC

Finally, a win!! A good performance from us as we refused to surrender a lead (I wasn't in goal, suspended, must be a coincidence...) and finally got a little bit of luck in front of goal. We probably didn't create 4 clear-cut chances per se, but we took our chances well and held of Campo, who looked a little bit out of sorts.

Maybe Campo got their games confused this weekend?

A quick glance on the most excellent site shows Campo's CAT team knocked off the top team in their division...perhaps they were confused and thought that was the game that mattered?

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Campo got their games confused this weekend?

A quick glance on the most excellent site shows Campo's CAT team knocked off the top team in their division...perhaps they were confused and thought that was the game that mattered?

Was interesting to see quite a few of the campo CAT players in their xi tonight. Don't remember that being the case when we played then earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0