Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Bizarre amount of hate on here. Would love
They cheated there way to div 1 and now they try and enter there team in div 2 cup nice going gastown....

How did we do that again? Was it by winning 10 in a row in the second half of the season - keeping 9 clean sheets? By beating all our rivals?

Personally, I'm looking forward to playing Greencaps, who are a good team, good guys and have been playing against us for years - back in the UltraSoccerLeague days, in fact. Should we get through that, Rinos Div2 side is quality, we saw that last year and again this year seeing as they're probably going to go up.

After a fairly demoralising year, we thought it better to transfer 10 players to CAT to play in Div2, rather than 10 players from CAT to play in Imperial. The squad is now stretched too thin to enter two cup competitions, so we'd rather not get battered by some Premier side.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After a fairly demoralising year, we thought it better to transfer 10 players to CAT to play in Div2, rather than 10 players from CAT to play in Imperial. The squad is now stretched too thin to enter two cup competitions, so we'd rather not get battered by some Premier side.

Awesome, so what happens when you have a Div 1 game scheduled at the same time as your Div 2 Cup game?

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awesome, so what happens when you have a Div 1 game scheduled at the same time as your Div 2 Cup game?

Same thing we would have done if our Imperial game had been at the same time as our CAT game, I suppose. Either way, we would encounter difficulties with numbers should the games be on at the same time. Hopefully it won't come to that.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does a u21 team act the same as cat? Ie if the army has a u21 team can we bring them up when short?

dashshervin

Apr 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Shaheen
You have done a stupendous favour to all teams in our division
im really glad that you guys all feel the same as we do regarding these guys throwing money around and poaching players from teams and pissing everybody off....from my understanding amateur teams are not allowed to pay players, so how come the league has not taken action against these guys...clearly they have been paying players since div 3

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
GFC 0-3 Richmond
They were a quality outfit, but we created a couple of half decent chances. Had our 'keeper not presented their first and second goals to them, it could have been a bit more interesting. They were clearly the better side, and had they wanted to really turn the screw they probably could have done.

Also, and one which will probably enthuse/amuse certain types on here...

Greencaps 2-0 GFC
Out of the Cup in the first round. Admittedly not our strongest XI, but Greencaps were the better side from start to finish. Very impressed with their organisation and shape, not to mention their intensity and aggression. Was good to see. Again, would have been different had our 'keeper not gaffed and let their first goal through him. They will be tough opponents for whoever they face, and should they go up, they will be one of the better sides in Div2.

Suffice to say, I had a shite weekend between the sticks.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green caps will win there division next year in div 2 if they have the same players I watched play gastown
They will very tough in div 2 cup

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GFC 0-3 Richmond
They were a quality outfit, but we created a couple of half decent chances. Had our 'keeper not presented their first and second goals to them, it could have been a bit more interesting. They were clearly the better side, and had they wanted to really turn the screw they probably could have done.

I wouldn't suggest your keeper gifted us anything, more so I'd ask your center back how he let our striker turn him inside the box off of a throw in for the first goal. It was basically a one way street, with GFC relying on the counter attack and set pieces which for the most part, I thought we defended well. We scored the 2nd and 3rd goals early into the 2nd half and killed the game off. GFC never stopped competing the entire 90, and didn't resort to any chippy play or moaning towards the ref. Wish them the best in their fight to avoid relegation. Decent enough result for us, keeping the pressure on those behind us in the table.

jackrwhelan

Oct 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't suggest your keeper gifted us anything, more so I'd ask your center back how he let our striker turn him inside the box off of a throw in for the first goal.

You do me a great service!

The throw came from a ball I should have gathered under no pressure but didn't - it had to be cleared into touch. Our CB was a bit weak in the challenge, but your frontman is a big strong lad that took him by surprise a bit i think. As for your second goal, that was a howler of a take which I gave right to the big lad. Good finish in off the far post, but those were two takes that should have been very comfortable for me. I don't really know what happened....can I blame the cold? Yeh, lets do that...brrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0