Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dutch - you guys looked a lot different this time around I have to admit, but I still only recognized 3 of you, the striker up front, guy in the middle (great hustle, good shot) and one Brian (but who can mistake him), either way good on you guys, at this point I would say you don't belong to div 2 at all. Still have to sort out the back line though, at time it looked a bit weak. And must I say, what a horrible game for both of the keepers, I wanted to bury my head in sand after those goals....

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ You said it...this relegation mess will really sort the men from the boys so to speak...still a lot of soccer to play and still room for surprises. Remember the legendary run the Hoops made to win promotion a few years back? That was legendary...6'5"? Club I Champ? Care to reminisce? :D

I was the keeper on the Delta team that ripped promotion from the hands of the Hurricanes 3 years ago. CIC was the striker on the Club I team that ripped promotion from the hands of the Hurricanes 2 years ago. Get it straight.

We had so much in common, that we decided to join forces (that, or my team loaned their spot to the Whitecaps, so I had to go find another club who would take on a mid-30s netminder with a failing back and a mechanical knee... either one, I don't remember).

Hell, this year, we even ripped the Chivers twins from the Hurricanes hands.

This could be the year for them, though... the weather has stayed warm for them - minimizing their requirement for mittens. Plus, they're pretty darn good at finishing 2nd. Now if they can only figure out how to win a playoff........

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for the record 'berg, we gave the Hurricanes an 8-nil drubbing in the second league game that season before ripping away promotion from an undefeated Serbian White Eagles team. Was a great second half of the season run we went on :)

Anyway, as you were..

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My goodness Hrvat's home field is very tiny.

I can't think if it is beneficial to them to have that as a home field, as many teams that come there are confused and not used to the play.

Or hard on Hrvat being that it is so easy to swing crosses/balls into the box with the field being ever so narrow.

thoughts?

watcher what is your take on that?

Size doesn't matter. But I do like small hands! :cool::cool::cool:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCbytca how is it going for you? Are you guys going down. There is so many stories who goes down. I heard top four stay. Fifth place sides go to playoff. Is that correct?
I tell you Watcher must have gone straight. No more funny stories and green poems. I think he is just trying to say up top. It is a dam fight this year. If he stays up there the boys will push hard to go to now premier or next year div one. Good luck. It is nice to hear from you. I can see maried life has cleand you up totally. Nice.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was in net for NK on the weekend is he the regular guy/ starter?

I don't think he was in net both games when we played him.

That would be I mcdirty and I played terribly this weekend I was the only reason we didnt collect 3 points, next weekend I will be better!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play Bombastic tomorrow night at Andy Livingstone Park and apparently all the roads around the park are closed due to Olympic stuff so can anyone give suggestions to where the guys should park and so on?... would skytrain be the best option? Cheers

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play Bombastic tomorrow night at Andy Livingstone Park and apparently all the roads around the park are closed due to Olympic stuff so can anyone give suggestions to where the guys should park and so on?... would skytrain be the best option? Cheers

Try coming West on Keefer past Main St. There is a parkade on the corner across from Livingstone that should be accessible.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try coming West on Keefer past Main St. There is a parkade on the corner across from Livingstone that should be accessible.

Thanks Dezza, will do... BTW what happened with your ABD game against GN?.. will they replay it or give you the three points?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dezza, will do... BTW what happened with your ABD game against GN?.. will they replay it or give you the three points?

They're going to sort it out at the next executive meeting, which I think is the first week of Feb.

Wazza10

Jan 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big game out at Dennis Elsom on sunday night between Green Devils and GN. Ive heard some different stories to what teams stay up and what go down but does anyone really know how it works? Is it top 4 stay up on each side and then 5th play a playoff or is it top 5 stay up and 6th plays a play off? Because if it is top 4 staying up with the 5th place teams playing a playoff then this game definetly cant be catergorized as a big one loll

Wazza10

Jan 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, Hurricanes without their top player(suspension) tomorrow in what is definetly a huge game for them against Chile, hopefully chile takes some points from this game and we(olympics) can take care of bingers and take some pressure off ourselves

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big game out at Dennis Elsom on sunday night between Green Devils and GN. Ive heard some different stories to what teams stay up and what go down but does anyone really know how it works? Is it top 4 stay up on each side and then 5th play a playoff or is it top 5 stay up and 6th plays a play off? Because if it is top 4 staying up with the 5th place teams playing a playoff then this game definetly cant be catergorized as a big one loll

this has been asked so many times on here it's painful

#1 in 1A and 1B go to new premier

#2 in 1A and 1B play a 1 game playoff
winner goes to new premier loser goes to new division 1

#3, 4 and 5 in 1A and 1B go to new division 1

#6 in 1A and 1B play a 1 game playoff
winner goes to new division 1 loser goes to new division 2

all other division 1 teams from this year will go to new division 2
one division 2 team from this year will be promoted to new division 1

new premier will consist of:
7 teams staying from this years premier
3 teams coming up from this years division 1

new division 1 will consist of:
1 team coming down from this years premier
8 teams staying from this years division 1
1 team coming up from this years division 2

you're welcome

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 3 - Bombastic 1

We managed a win tonight against a hard working Bombastic team. They scored the first goal 20 mins into the game but we then equalized on a very nice free kick and then took the lead 10 mins left in the first half on a semi breakaway. Second half we were all over them and hit a few posts and had to wait till 2 mins left in the game to score our 3rd goal. We could make our lives a whole easier if we bury our chances.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We could make our lives a whole easier if we bury our chances.

So could we... 1-1 tie with Polonia. I'm too angry to write a match report, but we just pissed away our chance at the playoff. :mad:

Good luck against whoever you face from 1B.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also, Hurricanes without their top player(suspension) tomorrow in what is definetly a huge game for them against Chile, hopefully chile takes some points from this game and we(olympics) can take care of bingers and take some pressure off ourselves

Suspension? Did he play against Binger's Army? There were no cautions that game.......:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0