Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punjab win 4-3

Punjab scored 25 seconds into the game and Chile looked shell shocked. approx 10minutes later Chile get a loose ball, looked as if it was going to be a cross but turned into a shot, I think the player sliced it. Goalie made the save, not the greatest of rebounds, ball goes off goalie to an open Chile player.

1-1

Punjab then makes it 2-1 on another fast attack, their midfielder goes up for a header against if I recall right their goalie and centerback, wins it at around the PK spot, ball bouncing towards goal, looked to be just about cleared off the line but another Punjab forward runs on to and pokes it into the net for his 2nd of the game.

2-1

Punjab again attack fast break later on (STILL IN THE 1st HALF) goalie challenges a bouncing ball (outside of his box? i think?) Punjab player (who was the same player who created the 2nd goal) chips the goalie on the bounce.

3-1

Chile keep trying to get something going as Punjab just keep running at them, Chile has ball deep in the corner does very well to beat Punjab's left back on the touchline, player continues to run along the touchline. Left back makes a very poor tackle (not ugly just silly) and gives the ref and easy decision for a penalty, Chile then slots it home.

3-2

STILL in the 1st half

Punjab again score on a fast attack, I can't quite remember how this went in all I know was it was the 3rd of the game for the punjab forward (who played exceptionally well) Pretty sure it was a shot on a fast counter or something or other, regardless

4-2 at half

1st half seemed EXTREMELY long as there was approx 3 yellow cards? 2 chile and 1 i think for punjab as well as a bunch of injuries resulting from these poor tackles.

2nd half

Chile knew they needed to pick it up and did, punjab seemed to (surprisingly) sit back on their lead and slowed the pace down extremely, which chile took advantage of.

Chile scored from a player running in with the ball at an angle, this seemed to come out of nothing but there were lots of gaps from punjab at the back and midfield as they were almost walking at times. Chile player makes a solid finish far post.

4-3

Again the chippy affair continues resulting in, i think a 3rd yellow? for chile, as chile's right back was having a hard time defending against punjab's left midfield (very fast and skilled) There were quite a few free kicks for both sides all around 20-25 yard.

Approx. 20 minutes left in the game punjab's striker (3 goals) was injured on, in my opinion fair challenge by the goalie 25 yards out. He seemed to have caught his knee in the chest/head and he was down for a long time and didn't return. Oddly enough early in the 1st half the same player got smoked in the face with a boot, rough game for him.

The sub (short white kid) EXTREMELY fast came in and as punjab were defending and chile pressing for most of the game didn't seem they could use him until approx 5-8 minutes left in the match punjab played a long ball to him which he controlled well and went full in on a breakaway from about 30-35 yards out. Chile player takes the professional foul and hauls him down for a straight red. And not much happened after that.

All in all some key players in this match were Punjab's forward scoring 3 goals and putting a very solid performance in, but not to leave out Chile's center back? sweeper? Tall black guy who was EXTREMELY solid, won a heck of a lot of tackles and balls in the air. Also pretty sure he stepped up for the penalty kick.

As for reffing was concerned, seemed a fair contest, the ref seemed to let them play as much as possible and I think there was a total of 5 or 6 cards in the match and some could make an argument that there should have been maybe 8+

Two close calls for penalties that the ref ignored, 1 on either side. Suspected hand ball for each punjab (1st half) and chile (2nd half).

Looking forward to watching another entertaining match tomorrow with Binger's and Olympics.

Is it at Binger's home field? Heard it's a terrible field with a bit of rain, that being said if it does rain tonight is there a chance it could get moved or postponed?

Hope i touched on enough for you guys.

edit: with the amount of cards shown in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a number of suspensions for 3 yellows in a season from both teams.

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also forgot to say that Chile is an extremely hard working team and if they some how managed to get relegated, that will be very disappointing as this is by NO means a div 2 team.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Chile will have to rely on the relegation playoff to survive a trip to Div 2. Chile could finish in 7th as well but Sikh have two very difficult games left against NK and the Army.

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Cliff is fav to go past Chile because of games in hand, be a shame if either Chile/Cliff go down def not div 2 status, I expect Temple to go down though as I don't rate them anywhere near Cliff/Chile. And the fact they pretty much have run out of games to climb the board.

Haven't watched much of the games from Div 1A.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Longball, great report, thanks. Almost watcher-like in its comprehensiveness but without the poetry. Sounds like a good game. Chile is a good team and did what we couldn't, potting a few against Punjab. Agree that neither they or Cliff should be going to Div 2 but will see how things shake out over the next couple weeks.

The game tomorrow is at Southeast Memorial and the pitch actually holds up well in the rain so it should be in decent shape.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Chile weren't so hot and cold, they'd be a very decent team. I'd 2nd the motion that it'd be a real shame if they drop down.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
All in all some key players in this match were Punjab's forward scoring 3 goals and putting a very solid performance in, but not to leave out Chile's center back? sweeper? Tall black guy who was EXTREMELY solid, won a heck of a lot of tackles and balls in the air. Also pretty sure he stepped up for the penalty kick.

I believe Chile's tall black guy is Tsuchmi (sp?), saw him playing for them just after Christmas. If I am correct he is an ex-whitecaps player from 2-3 years ago. If it is indeed him, I guess he has fallen off pretty hard from playing professional to a middle of the pack div. 1 team.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, Bergamascho. . .

You can't third a motion, it would have to go to a vote. . .

. . .but it sounds like they're all in favour. ;)

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nk 0 - Sikh Temple 0

Big congrats to my boys the Badyal brothers and Kastro as well as the rest of the Temple fellas. This is a decent result and if I am correct means you are still alive. LOTS of work ahead but this bodes well for your proud club. Keep it up boys!!!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And as for our club Berg, 3-1 Primo over Romania.

Well done. That could be a big win for you guys if the prem teams really decide to back out of the BC Premier League. I would imagine the whole 9 teams getting demoted would be revoked too, since both the BC Prem League and restructure were rather stupidly passed as a single motion at the AGM.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done. That could be a big win for you guys if the prem teams really decide to back out of the BC Premier League. I would imagine the whole 9 teams getting demoted would be revoked too, since both the BC Prem League and restructure were rather stupidly passed as a single motion at the AGM.

Dezza,

Keep us posted on the results of the meeting since it appears as though you are the best informed Div. 1 connection :D The season isn't done yet and after speaking with our boy Chaddy it looks like there may be life in this team after all...

If my calculations are correct this puts us into 8th based on goal differential.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza,

Keep us posted on the results of the meeting since it appears as though you are the best informed Div. 1 connection :D The season isn't done yet and after speaking with our boy Chaddy it looks like there may be life in this team after all...

If my calculations are correct this puts us into 8th based on goal differential.

I don't know anything. I just repeat what I read on TTP and it's mostly just what ghouse and mr base say :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0