Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Olympics 3 Bingers Army 0

Olympics came out flying and applied lots of early pressure with a couple of chances finally leading to a well deserved goal. After a shaky start the Army settled down and took over the game carrying more of the possession the rest of the way. Unfortunately we could not create the decisive pass in the attacking third to create good scoring chances.

With about 20 minutes remaining in the second half our right mid cut into the middle and ripped a left footed shot from 35 yards out that was dipping over the goalie, who was furiously back peddling after being caught out a little high. The goalie made a great play to get a hand on it and tip it off the underside of the bar from where it came straight down to the goal line and was eventually scooped up by the keeper.

With about 10 minutes to play the Olympics played a great free kick from the left flank in behind our defence. A rather large collision between their striker and our goalkeeper, a good hard clean challenge by both players, found the ball deposited into the back of the net. The Army continued to push and put pressure on the Olympics but could not break through with a goal and with 1 minute left the Olympics converted a 3 on 1 break to make the final 3-0.

The Olympics are a good side and either they or the Hurricanes would be worthy winners of the group. Very proud of the Army for an outstanding effort this afternoon, the 3-0 result definitely did not reflect the run of play. However we all know that the team that finishes their chances usually wins and this is what the Olympics did today.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big congrats to my boys the Badyal brothers and Kastro as well as the rest of the Temple fellas. This is a decent result and if I am correct means you are still alive. LOTS of work ahead but this bodes well for your proud club. Keep it up boys!!!

I believe you are incorrect, as they have 1 game left.. and if they are to win it would put them into a tie with Chile and Chile holds the tie breaker. The only way they can avoid relegation is if Cliff drops all of their remaining 3 games..

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe you are incorrect, as they have 1 game left.. and if they are to win it would put them into a tie with Chile and Chile holds the tie breaker. The only way they can avoid relegation is if Cliff drops all of their remaining 3 games..

So then I am correct in asserting that techinically they are still alive pending the remaining Cliff avenue fixtures but incorrect in assuming they control their own fate, right? :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wrong.

There is no tie-breaker. Any two teams tied for points in a promotion/relegation position will play a 1 game playoff.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
So then I am correct in asserting that techinically they are still alive pending the remaining Cliff avenue fixtures but incorrect in assuming they control their own fate, right? :D

Haha..Yea, mathematically still alive.but it would take a HUGE bed shitting by Cliff for Sikh to stay up.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao guys went to watch Sporting play Cliff. God forbid madness in the bigest sence. To see Sporting fall to that level is truly a sad case of mismanagment. Seniors must be all going mad. Cliff kicked them in the but big times. The sore was 9 zip and could have been twenty zip for Cliff. Serious joke that needs changes big times. Senior Sporting guys took thirty five years to build the club. Youngsters tuned their backs to their own community. Onother good club will die due to fulishness of few guys. Sad but true. A gues the once that left all went over a Patoolo Bridge to the left where ware the houses are. It is more funs clipping that keapin a community going. All in good fun.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher thats not good enough. Teams is playing twenty tatch football. Where the heck is two tatch? We are playing very well but refs over the bridge only support their own. Who can blame them. Keap it in a family. We have learned alot this year. The word is can the circle be unbroken. You guys need two wins. Pick it up. Blondi needs some flox oil to wake up. No show again. What is that all about------

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher thats not good enough. Teams is playing twenty tatch football. Where the heck is two tatch? We are playing very well but refs over the bridge only support their own. Who can blame them. Keap it in a family. We have learned alot this year. The word is can the circle be unbroken. You guys need two wins. Pick it up. Blondi needs some flox oil to wake up. No show again. What is that all about------

Mr. Base.. could your balkan side give Nk a good run?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?So theres a playoff to determine who plays the playoff?? That's odd....

Yes, and it's the same scenario if by some miracle Polonia tie the Serbs and we beat GD's next weekend. Then we'd have a playoff with Serbs to see who gets the playoff with 2nd from 1B.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well it seems I am incorrect again, Sikh has 2 games remaining,and 20 points (not 23).. they've been credited three wins vs.Romania on the VMSL website.For them to cause that playoff they need to collect all 6 remaining points. Took me a while to get sorted out there.:eek:

what

Sep 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again Nk have lulled themselves into a false sense of competence.
You seem like one of those guys that uses words without really knowing what they mean. You've abandoned "typical", right? You agree that didn't make any sense? Do the same with "lulled" and "competence".

So you're not good with words. That's alright. That's what emoticons are for. But not all emoticons. I can imagine you using a :eek: when really what you wanted to express was :mad:

This is where the banana comes in: :wa: Simple. Easy. Meaningless. Good for all circumstance.

Stick with the banana.

Oreo

Oct 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again Nk have lulled themselves into a false sense of competence.

is this guy serious????? if polonia is your team i feel for you buddy, i really do... at least in div 2 theres an "everybody wins" attitude

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we could. It wouild be close game. I told you guys Valley League is much tougher league. VMSL has better refs. But We will not play each other. I have to spend bit of time to deside where we will end up. You play hard and well the controll the out come. It is good soccer but not in a sence for future building. Time will tell. Watcher needs to improve a bit, the side played way better before Christmas. Sandro the right foot damager is slipping in the back. Against good side they will fall.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza you are dreaming. Eagles by three over Polonia. No chance. Next year it will be between you and NK who gets the playoff spot. Only if you guys join Westside club, that you guys have a chance for BC premier league. Better players will move up. Cliff's Procter went to Surrey. Once you lose a first string starter where will you get next guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0