Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Queercamp

What does that even mean ?It wasnt me in net, if it was NK would have won 3-0!Let me guess your gonna go post in premier now ya TTP WHORE!

I don't know, I thought it was funny!:D

Great job NK lads! You too Watcher. Must have been my inspiring presence at practice last week. You could see how not to play footy.

P.s. Just kidding Dirty!

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Queercamp!

Why do you continue to yap on here about me, your obsessed with me for some WEIRD reason!I say we put an end to this old beef and not talk shite about each other or we can settle it like men not 13 year old girls who bad talk each other on facebook .... your choice! I tell ya what if you keep hangin out at parks watching games eventually im gonna bump into ya and and hurt you professionally!

P.s. Dap I hope your going to practice this week becuase I am ,please wear white as ill be wearing black!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikh Temple
Sporting Club
FC Romania "A"
Metro Ford Primo
Bombastic SC 'A'
IFC Polonia
GN Sporting Club "A"
Green Devils FC 'A'
Wickham FC 'A'

These are the teams being relegated! Only Sikh has a prayer but Chile will beat Metro Ford which will put them ten up on Sikh who will then need to win four out of five which seems highly unlikely. Of course Chile might also beat Punjab which would end all debate. And with Cliff playing Sporting twice and Romania once things look truly bleak for Sikh.

Bombastic should make the 6th place play off from 1a they are a good team that should not go to div 2 next season.
I am still for div 1a with the top teams & 1b with 9 teams that are dropping
plus 1 up from div 2 this year, imo div 1 b 6,7 look way to good for div2.

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smartcoach

What 9 teams from 1b are dropping?I dont understand much but that post is a tough one to figure out!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Queercamp!

Why do you continue to yap on here about me, your obsessed with me for some WEIRD reason!I say we put an end to this old beef and not talk shite about each other or we can settle it like men not 13 year old girls who bad talk each other on facebook .... your choice! I tell ya what if you keep hangin out at parks watching games eventually im gonna bump into ya and and hurt you professionally!

P.s. Dap I hope your going to practice this week becuase I am ,please wear white as ill be wearing black!

who u talkin to?:confused:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Smartcoach

What 9 teams from 1b are dropping?I dont understand much but that post is a tough one to figure out!

I think Smartcoach is confusing people...top 5 in 1 A & B are fine (top 2 in each side go to Prem, 2nd place teams play the promo match)...the 6th place teams in 1 A and 1 B get to play the relegation match, winner stays loser drops.

I am shocked that at this point of the season some people still don't understand what is going on with the minimization of div 1 teams. There will only be 10 Div 1 teams next year and 30 Div 2 teams split into Div 2 A, B and C.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think Smartcoach is confusing people...top 5 in 1 A & B are fine (top 2 in each side go to Prem, 2nd place teams play the promo match)...the 6th place teams in 1 A and 1 B get to play the relegation match, winner stays loser drops.

I am shocked that at this point of the season some people still don't understand what is going on with the minimization of div 1 teams. There will only be 10 Div 1 teams next year and 30 Div 2 teams split into Div 2 A, B and C.

Please read what i posted again . I know what the format for next season is.
I would like to see 2 divisions of div 1 next year with 9 weaker teams going to 1b .
half of the teams going down will be to good for div 2 .

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach old man has to change the hole thing. New BC premier, now premier a div one,now div one a div two and now div two div three and now div three a div four. That's the way rest of the Warld does it. Each div onto one group of 24 teams all the way to div five. That way guys woud know where they stand and it would make the games mean more. Two teams up two teams dow. Simple no head ackes.
Have one cup plus a top eight teams in any div have a tournament on the weekend for their league cup. You can not revord the teams that show with nine guys most of the year and only show with fourteen guys for cup games.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is good to see VMSL changing. 10 teams division is a way to go. Games will be much more intense and competition will be better. Just look top 3 teams in each division A and B. Now those will be good games (week in and week out). There are number of teams in Div 1, which DO NOT belong here. 10 years ago these teams would be average DIV 2 teams. For example, BOMBASTIC is NOT a good team. They have won 12 points in total, allowed some 24 goals, in total -8, and are winless against top 5 teams. So, you tell me why should this team stay up?

VMSL

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to say but Bombastic are not a good team at all, they have a couple of guys that are good enough to play div 1... true I shouldn't say much as I play for GD's but we could have should have had a better season, losing 8 starters from last year didn't help us, we will give it a run to make it 6th, but there are better teams than Bombastic out there that are below them...

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Please read what i posted again . I know what the format for next season is.
I would like to see 2 divisions of div 1 next year with 9 weaker teams going to 1b .
half of the teams going down will be to good for div 2 .

Yeah but the whole of Division 2 next year will be a much stronger. Essentially it will be a low Div 1, high Div 2 standard which can be pretty good footy. It's Div 3 that will see the biggest discrepancy as you'll have 30(?) teams in one division (essentially the Division 2 now but at a lower level). Personally I would have a 20 team Division 3 and a 10 team Division 4, but whatever... :rolleyes:

Shwiggidy

Oct 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
true, we bombastic, at the moment are not a good team. Overall though, what there is, is a team that has pieces to a puzzle that are not coming together. When there are issues of inexperience, a loss of form for some players, and a little lack of athleticism at times it has made for the verdict that a few of you TTPers have given. This club will need a little bit of time, but it has proven to have is a strong core group that doesn't have a high turnover rate. When new leadership emerges within the group, the nay sayers will realize that bombastic is a div 1 team.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya but Shwiggidy, the point was that teams like us don't belong in the same bracket as teams top teams. A fair point to be sure. We, for example, have had the worst year most of us have ever had in soccer since we were wee tykes and clearly don't belong in Div. 1 as we stand at present. With that in mind, those players that belong in Div. 1 will jump ship to other teams next year and like it was said Div. 1 quality will improve although it will still be shite soccer to watch :wa:

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"although it will still be shite soccer to watch".

Bergy...............The NK vs Cliff game could only be described as riveting especially the last half of the second stanza.

You were probably taking the piss!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic, like the other lower half teams in Div 1 are a bit crap, but to their credit they at least earned their spot in Div 1, unlike some teams that were gifted promotion when teams higher up folded/merged/etc.

As for Div 2 being stronger next year and a "low div 1 standard", I call BS on that argument. Any time you have 30 teams in one division it's impossible to maintain parity and you will have a significant gap in each group between top and bottom. Furthermore, looking at the current Div 2 standings, one can see just how poor the level currently is. Take Div 2C for instance, where the Socceroos are currently in 2nd place. These guys have been the joke of the VMSL for the past 5 years, as they are frankly more interested in drinking than playing soccer. If you want a good Div 2 next year, make it only 20 teams and get there by demoting anyone who finishes behind the 'Roos this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0