Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Results & Banter - September

Status
Not open for further replies.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christ, the most interesting thing that happened this weekend was a drunk kid crapping his diapers? I hope the kid coughed up for it, KNVB might jump threads and come after him!

Filini - please tell me some details. Bob scored a goal? Was it with his ass? Ashkan scored - was it a 30 yard bomb? I'm expecting something on the web site soon...

bored in Ottawa,
theJman

boogienights

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2 said:
Lomas 2 - 2 Binger's

Not a bad start to the season. We (Lomas) never trailed in the game. We had a 1-0 & 2-1 lead but couldn't seem to protect it. Bingers got lucky with a minute left when the ref awarded them a questionable FK on the edge of our 18, and their player did well to slot in the far corner. We definitely should've had 3 points today, but with a bunch of new players and some regulars missing we'll take it.

NO2
True it was a dubious call allowing us to even the score with just under 10 to play. However I would argue it balanced the horiffic offside call on our 14 who was in cold with the rebound from a canonating drive which had beaten the keeper only to hit the crossbar. The ref admitted he guessed on the play. I thought the tie was fitting and the game resembled a 2nd division game with neither side showing much. We as well were missing many regulars and had to rely on myself and 2 other geriatrics in the midfield. I wouldn't call it a very good start to the season.

Boogienights

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks colemanj. How did you know it was mandatory my name be thrown into at least one post in every thread? We're already 20 in here and it hadn't happened yet. I was getting worried.

Blaze I know a guy who knows a guy who will shake down this kid for you... nothing over the top mind you but you would be surprised what a few broken digits may sort out. Let me know.

Is Club I still undefeated in league play with their new coach?

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Club I still undefeated in league play with their new coach?[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny....i like a guy who'll hold his tongue for 6 months (or whenever that comment was originally posted) and then pounce at an opportune time. Well played.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Thanks colemanj. How did you know it was mandatory my name be thrown into at least one post in every thread? We're already 20 in here and it hadn't happened yet. I was getting worried.

Blaze I know a guy who knows a guy who will shake down this kid for you... nothing over the top mind you but you would be surprised what a few broken digits may sort out. Let me know.

Is Club I still undefeated in league play with their new coach?

Absolutely. Burnro hasn't lost........a league game yet........:D

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Is number 5 the turf field? That is always good to know. :D

Not sure if #5 field is turf, but I'm guessing it is. Otherwise just look for a bunch of white guys playing a bunch of brown guys :rolleyes:

Fartmaster

Sep 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty certain that field 5 is not the turf field. If memory serves me correct which it usually doesn't, field 4 is the turf.
I say Temple 3-1 over Peg.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 3 - Royal United 1

Rangers looked good going forward at times against a time stalling, and moaning Royal United. Decent counter attack from Royal at times with a zippy wee man up front. Other than that not much to report. For a bunch of guys with DOB's from 1983-1987 you would think Royal U would be running all over the park, but not the case. A little help in the fitness department and they would be a better squid. Oh, and the off-side trap with no linseman ended up bitting them in the arse. Weak sauce!

Klaus

Nov 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 2 - Binger's Army 1

Score is flattering from what I saw. Idiots finishing was poor and game could've been out of reach early in the 1st half. A win's a win though, regardless of my bias RUFC opinion. Any other details to be filled in by Willy or Ginger Tours.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fiji 1-2 Lobbans.......

Fiji started off very flat and was down 2-0 in the first 15 or so with 2 great goals by the Lobbans. Lobbans played well the first half and came at us hard. 2nd half Fiji was controlling most of the play but not able to finish while Lobbans had lot's of counters but couldn't finish either. Fiji got a penalty shot and scored with about 15 left to make it 2-1. Rene was the ref and red carded Zico for supposedly swearing at him which from what I heard didn't happen but either way Fiji down 1. We still had chances to tie it up but just couldn't finish. Lobbans ran out of fitness the last 20-30 minutes and defended the rest of the way and the game. Pretty clean game with many turnovers for both sides.......on to next week against Peg.

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0