Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

So if I'm not mistaken, the remaining 4 teams in the cup have qualified for the B Provincials.

Yomama - see you Saturday :)

Hummer

Mar 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
Semis set for Saturday at 1pm and 3pm. WHERE DID ALL THE CAT TEAMS GO?

Bandcamp,

I believe all the Cat teams collectively decided to stop their cup run early and finish the regular season quickly in the hopes of starting "Fall" training early......pass the beer, please! :D :D

-Hummer

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
So if I'm not mistaken, the remaining 4 teams in the cup have qualified for the B Provincials.

This depends on how many spots they allotcate to the VMSL. Last year we recieved only 3 and the 2 semi final losers played to decide who recieved the spot. I am not sure on this either but I think we only recieved the 3rd spot because another region turned down a spot.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well I guess we'll just have to ride the Train into the finals to guarantee our spot.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well i guess underdog again huh?It doesn't matter i love it anyways and i know we will not be picked to win but if we do ppl will be surprised Belmond is not unbeateble.They are no better than JB's ,Alemania or Shaheen but it will be a very hard fought game as both teams want this more than anything.Bandcamp my old friend see you sunday and play clean .....good luck

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How is Belmont not the underdog here after all the bashing we take? We have no skill, we can't string 2 passes together, we have no game plan, we're mostly Irish...

But we are in the semis and still playing soccer so that's more than the other 46 B Form teams can say :) See you Saturday Erion - not too much yapping, diving and complaining please as it only looks bad on you.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

My predictions for cup this weekend

NK vs Belmont (Runaway NK train)

Royal vs Signmaster (Sign is due for a loss)

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
How is Belmont not the underdog here after all the bashing we take?
True, true. NK, meanwhile, is clearly the of darling of TTP. Never mind that the far majority has predicted our exit in each round (honestly not sure if that's less an observation than just hopeful wishing).

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
How is Belmont not the underdog here after all the bashing we take? We have no skill, we can't string 2 passes together, we have no game plan, we're mostly Irish...

But we are in the semis and still playing soccer so that's more than the other 46 B Form teams can say :) See you Saturday Erion - not too much yapping, diving and complaining please as it only looks bad on you.

bandcamp,

don't let the other kids tease you! It used to happen to me when I was taunted as a child for wearing a smuft t-shirt to school. Belmont is where it is because of skill/no skill, skilled players/plumbers, luck/endeavour, whatever anyone may call it. But everyone is a critic, all the more so amplified once their team is gone from the cup...so good luck to your team, and good on you for getting this far. I wish my team were still playing...

gorilla

Apr 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are the Div 2 cup games on today ? Nothing is posted on VMSL web site...

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Royal United vs Signmaster
Kensington North
Sat/1.00pm

NK Hrvat vs Belmont
Kensington North
Sat/3.00pm

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just in from Kensington;

Signmasters over Royal United in PK's after a 1-1 in reg. and OT.

HK 2-1 over Belmont

Senior

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

senior2509 said:
NK 2-1 over Belmont

The darlings of TTP win again! Way to go dears! It looked pretty cold out there today I hope you wore your mittens. Especially you Watcher, I know you hate it when your little fingies get cold.

So, I take it the NK train has secured a spot in the B provincials. Time for a June road trip to, er, Burnaby and Coquitlam? Maybe McDirty can get a day pass from Sumas Correctional and The Manager could get a day pass from his wife for the tourney. I've never seen a train implode before. Before I met you guys that is. Anyway, good work so far boys but one more game to go.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Potatoe,
You're dating yourself,
The Watcher didn't play today on account of his recent injury. Manager hasn't played with us for two years, and McDirty isn't on the roster either.

As for today's game, Belmont went up 1-0 in the first minute on a flukey goal that had everyone wondering how it went in, including their scorer. The ball evidently "hit' their striker as he was moving across the box, and our goalie was frozen. Not the way we wanted to start a semi-final game. But we tied it in the first with a nice goal, and took the lead in the second, to hold on for the victory.

On to the finals!

boiWonder

Apr 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I took in the Royal - Signmaster Game. I couldn't believe how shittey signmaster looks. The only thing holding their team was their sweeper who looked sharp. Royal had about 70% of the possesion but had absolutley no forwards to finish. When they went into PK's, Royal's first two shooters shite the bed. Absolutley garage Penatly kicks. One guy hit the ball so slow that the goalie could have touched the far post, come back and save the ball. Another dude shoot the ball over the top. The coach must have been kicking himself in the ars. Oh well, looks like signmaster got a spot in the provincial. Not sure if they should represent the VMSL. I honestly think Norvan JB's are the best team by far and would have good representation in the Provincials. As for Royal Utd, sources say that their coach is a prick who tries to play illegal players during the games because he's in tight with the referees. But that's just a source. If their is any reality to this, then they don't deserve to go up.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to NK as they deserved to win yesterday. Belmont never really got going and had a very flat game.

Looks like we're playing off against Royal now for the last BC berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0