Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

one two three
down goes 2c
playing on the train tracks
not a safe place to be

Alemania Shaheen and Belmont
by a combined score of 8 to 1
fell victim to the locomotive
who's job is still not done

You see there still remains an obstacle
positioned on the tracks
they call themselves Signmaster
and they too will face these facts

that no one on a b form
from prince george to kelowna
can stop the whistle blowin
when NK comes to show ya

that as we've known for ever
when it's time to show our stuff
us croats and our goods friends
are ready to get rough

and show all who are watching
what "The Watcher" has known for years
That whoever bets against us
will be shedding all the tears

So go ahead and make your final predictions
on the game to end the year
and think twice before you do so
remember HRVAT has no fear!

The train will arrive on time
and pull in to the station
towing div 2 and provincial hardware
a triumph for our nation.

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

watcher said:
one two three
down goes 2c
playing on the train tracks
not a safe place to be

Alemania Shaheen and Belmont
by a combined score of 8 to 1
fell victim to the locomotive
who's job is still not done

You see there still remains an obstacle
positioned on the tracks
they call themselves Signmaster
and they too will face these facts

that no one on a b form
from prince george to kelowna
can stop the whistle blowin
when NK comes to show ya

that as we've known for ever
when it's time to show our stuff
us croats and our goods friends
are ready to get rough

and show all who are watching
what "The Watcher" has known for years
That whoever bets against us
will be shedding all the tears

So go ahead and make your final predictions
on the game to end the year
and think twice before you do so
remember HRVAT has no fear!

The train will arrive on time
and pull in to the station
towing div 2 and provincial hardware
a triumph for our nation.

fury still rock you at practice :D
good luck boys

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

You should hear the poem when Yomama and Biscotti are beat boxing to it.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watcher, you should put that to music.........you're truly a bard. (well done!)

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yomama! said:
Potatoe,
You're dating yourself,
The Watcher didn't play today on account of his recent injury. Manager hasn't played with us for two years, and McDirty isn't on the roster either.

As for today's game, Belmont went up 1-0 in the first minute on a flukey goal that had everyone wondering how it went in, including their scorer. The ball evidently "hit' their striker as he was moving across the box, and our goalie was frozen. Not the way we wanted to start a semi-final game. But we tied it in the first with a nice goal, and took the lead in the second, to hold on for the victory.

On to the finals!

yomama,

I completely agree...the 1st penalty was just nerves, I think (trying to get it on goal), but the second was Heskeyesque. I dropped my beer and giggled like a schoolgirl. As for Belmont/NK Havarti, not enough play out wide made for a pretty boring, eventless game, though #27 for Harvat was a menace and could well have had 2 or 3 goals. Good player....

...good luck to the teams left standing.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oops, was responding to BoiWonder's post about the Signmaster shootout......

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watched both games this weekend. I have to agree with the comments on the Signmaster, Royal game. Nothing up front for Royal and then the penalties were shocking. Singmaster were stable but uninspiring.

NK Rolls on and deservingly so. Other than a "in place at the right time" goal in the first 5 minutes Belmont didn't look like they were going to create to many opportunities. NK's tying goal was well taken but the winner was just weak keeping. In fact the keeping was the diference. NK's looked like a lunk but wasn't (nice save off the free kick bottom corner) and Belmont's looked it and was. Other than that not too much in that match either.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed. We stunk out the joint and never got into the game. It's strange as we are always motivated and get stuck in. Some credit to NK for this but I haven't seen our team so uninterested all year - and for a cup semi :( Our play through midfield was terrible and disjointed and we really missed our regular in there as he was out of town - it meant playing one of our strikers in there. Our striker who has been fillling the net this year was nowhere to be seen as well and was contained well by NK's back line.

Some funny stuff on the sidelines with the NK supporters in the second half :) Something about being used to smelly something or others...

lxl

Apr 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

GoldenGoose said:
Train NK on the way to its next destination.....greatness.

congrats to NK, any team get in to the final deserves respect.

i'm just a little puzzled, how come NK was beat by over half of the B group teams with a 7-2-9 regular season record can run so deep in the cup. are they traditionally a good team?

sorry for my ignorance, i'm new to this league and actually about half of my team is new to this league, we had our lesson in the first year and it might take a couple more years to get the team play tight even assuming the team roster keep stable.

having seen Signmaster played against Richmond, impressed by their fitness and physical presence, but skill and speed wise, Royal is the best team we played against all year, they just need a bit more persistence.

for the final, forget about all the previous record, it's all about gameday performance, good luck to NK and Signmaster.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

lxl said:
Royal is the best team we played against all year, they just need a bit more persistence.

LXL,

Who do you play for? PGU,Yaletown,2A?

You can't take anything away from Signmaster despite the "fugly" nature of their game. Royal move the ball around with a lot more skill but defense will always win games as Signmaster has shown this year.

As for predictions, I would love to have NK be the team to take the cup given the fact that they put us on our butts in the first round, but I think the long ball attack/Mosher led defense will prevail in this match.

Good Luck to both teams.(NK - Sign)

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do i do this?

Who disturbed my slumber? Are people still talking about me on here?
Im legendary ,I am a TTP GOD!Bandcamp you sound like sour grapes to me, and yes Dirty is getting a pass to play all of next year(Anyone need a crazy goalie?)NK all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

CheShouldHeBeWhite

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
Agreed. We stunk out the joint and never got into the game. It's strange as we are always motivated and get stuck in. Some credit to NK for this but I haven't seen our team so uninterested all year - and for a cup semi :( Our play through midfield was terrible and disjointed and we really missed our regular in there as he was out of town - it meant playing one of our strikers in there. Our striker who has been fillling the net this year was nowhere to be seen as well and was contained well by NK's back line.
That is strange. What would cause an entire team (or much of it) to become uninterested in such an important game?? Maybe, instead, dismay and frustration? There was little penetration and the frequent crosses/lobs only resulted in a couple threatening attacks.

lxl said:
i'm just a little puzzled, how come NK was beat by over half of the B group teams with a 7-2-9 regular season record can run so deep in the cup. are they traditionally a good team?
The individual components have been there. But inconsistent commitment and a lack of any competent goaltender for much of the season (#1 broke his ribs) was crippling. Plus, moving a forward to sweeper has been very effective -- might be something like 7-0 (with him in the lineup) since that move. He was actually absent for the Belmont game, but a starting midfielder took his place and did more than admirably.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

"i'm just a little puzzled, how come NK was beat by over half of the B group teams with a 7-2-9 regular season record can run so deep in the cup. are they traditionally a good team?"

They are on a roll. That's all. I hope they stay on that same roll and win the cup.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm with Che; it seemed that Belmont were more interested in the allure of Signmaster's barbeque than the match on the field. Especially in the second half, they lost nearly every 50/50 ball, and never looked like scoring. Aside from the comedy penalty taking in the shootout, the Signmaster match had a little more fire in its belly.......

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

CheShouldHeBeWhite said:
moving a forward to sweeper has been very effective -- might be something like 7-0 (with him in the lineup) since that move. He was actually absent for the Belmont game, but a starting midfielder took his place and did more than admirably.

I noticed he was missing. Very solid, quick and covers alot of ground. I thought NK would lose when I saw he was missing.

Bandcamp said:
Our play through midfield was terrible and disjointed and we really missed our regular in there as he was out of town - it meant playing one of our strikers in there.

You hit the nail on nose there Bandcamp. Hope the Boston Marathon was worth it!!

Good luck to NK and Signmaster. Royal and Belmont have fun fighting it out for what will most likely end up being a spot in the BC's B Cup. :bronco: :bronco:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

the fragrance of poetry prompts a perusing manager out of retirement to do non other than....well, shall I say, share inspiration from the heart for a beloved NK team that I was once part of...here we go.

Ah, the beloved, all balck steam train
is poised for victory as signmaster's bane
set to take hold of the most valuable prize,
to have and to hold, to cherish with eyes

who is this master of signs, to challenge NK
you have no business here, be gone, go away
for the wrath of the train with most certainly crush
any feeble attempts from the signmaster rush

with biscotti winning balls as if he has none
to warlock ravaging pesky forwards making their run
to the watcher sadly watching with a limp from the side
to shagly defending with much Christian pride

with Yomama a solid presance in the tumultuous midfield
against the sweeping one eye, attackers yield
with hoover in goal only 5'7 but like 6'4
to the rest of the squad we give a great roar

the manager's wishes are for a great win
and for the watcher to play his desired 5 min
we cheer for this squad with a Ratzinger blessing
as the watcher from the sidelines changes his dressing.

Go NK.

out of retirement,

the manager

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ahhhhhh yes....

Leaping Lanny Poffo. A WWF legend.

The funniest thing was when he would read the poem off a frisby and chuck it into the crowd. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0