Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

keane16

Sep 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Div 2 Cup Results and Banter

Gurps said:
Ahhhhhh yes....

Leaping Lanny Poffo. A WWF legend.

The funniest thing was when he would read the poem off a frisby and chuck it into the crowd. :D

I'll still take Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka any day (nice reference though..)

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gorilla

Not rain on your parade or anything. It was a good post and all, but there is another thread for that. ;)

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

NK Hrvatska Division 2 Champions

A well played match by NK to work through the hard hitting and frustrating Signmaster for the win in PK's. Signmaster came out of the gate with a goal in the first half and did well to frustrate NK's efforts in the middle of the park. Once NK played the long counter ball and pressed the SM back line, none other than the hobbled watcher finished with authority past the mid mark of the second half to tie the game up on a well played strike off of a cross into the box. the nice goal boosted the momentum for NK and they were able to hold off the SM attack.

the first 2 pk's from either side were horrid and resulted in easy saves and wide misses. It must have been the imense pressure from playing in front of so many (40) spectators. :p NK went up 3-2 in the PK shootout and SM failed to keep their hopes alive with a mis placed kick.

NK's formidable run through these playoffs was well celebrated after the match with champaigne and beer. Good work boys and good luck in the provincials.

manager

rikashay

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

nice work lads congratulations from all the burnaby fury boyz!!
well done and we'll see you next year!! ;)

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No poems..........
Well it has happened.........kind of weird.......this feeling.......being champs. It's funny how things go......how they have to play themselves out. You know three years ago we lost in double OT to E-Walk. That hurt. The year after that we lost 1-0 in the round of sixteen to a good Richmond Cougars team (The Watcher has never really forgiven them for talking in their posts after the game like we were nothing in a contest that could have gone either way). Then last year we lost in the sixteen on penalties to Club Ireland who were terrible. A bad high school team that got extremely lucky...................................... Now the reason this spiel is being posted is to say in a nutshell that it takes a lot to pull of a championship and you need depth, commitment, character and most importantly luck or God (which ever theory you subscribe to) on your side. Signmaster hit the post with their fifth penalty to give us the win. It doesn't get any tighter than that. The Watcher would like to take this time to thank the coach, players and supporters for all of their good will today and all year long.

boiWonder

Apr 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was not impressed with the Cup Final. I thought Signmaster would take this one easy. It was a infamous game of kick and run. NK Hrvat was not impressive and what the heck were they doing in the final. Got to hand it to them though, they played with heart. After the game NK thought they won the world cup. Took in the royal-belmont game after as well. NK was lucky that royal wasn't in the final. Royal looked good and had great passing and skill. I heard that it were missing 7 starters but still looked impressive to me. 3-0 in the first half for Royal. Second, I'll have to give to Belmont because they pressed right to the end. I thought this game was far better than the sloppy cup final. Oh well, I still think the THREE best teams to represent VMSL in the cup would be NORVAN JB"S, BINGER"S ARMY (undefeated), and ROYAL UTD (undefeated). I heard that FVSL in bringing NDFC, ND Titans, and Surrey Hurricanes. This is a big test for VMSL because those three teams are the best FVSL has to offer. Well good luck to NK,Signmaster, and Royal in the BC's.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

bah humbug girlwonder...sounds like you were wising you were in it. A cup victory is always melodramatic when you watch from the sidelines.

good on NK to work hard for the win.

B

Blahzay

boiWonder said:
I heard that FVSL in bringing NDFC, ND Titans, and Surrey Hurricanes. This is a big test for VMSL because those three teams are the best FVSL has to offer. Well good luck to NK,Signmaster, and Royal in the BC's.
From what I have been told, the FVSL only has two berths in the provincial cup and the ND Titans and Hurricanes were given the spots. If some teams drop out of the tournament then NDFC will be given the third berth. I would say that the Hurricanes have to be one of the favourites to win it all based on skill alone. The ND Titans are soccer's version of the Calgary Flames, not overly skilled but have a ton of heart, and if they can get a result in their first game I can see them being a threat. There team is a bunch of athletic kids all under 22 yrs old and there coach gives everyone equal playing time, this will benefit them greatly as the tournament is a devastating 5 games in 3 days.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BoiWonder....why don't you put on your little mask and outfit and go suck batman's dikc. NK beat Signmaster and the JB's in this cup run. After taking in the Signmaster Royal semi, The Watcher knew that Royal would definately be a lot less difficult a challenge for NK. Signmaster doesn't look pretty but they are very tough and determined and cool under pressure. Kick and run soccer my ass. Okay it wasn't the best game of skill on the ground NK can deliver but they were missing some important players. That shot #10 for Signmaster has is worth the price of admission alone. Your ANALysis of the game is like you.................. a joke.

P.S..............You know what NK was doing in the final anyway.........winning you knob!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to NK on their first Cup! Not easy to come from behind on Signmaster but you got it done.

The 3rd/4th place was pretty uneventful as they got 3 quick ones on terrible defending and the game was over after that. They just defended their lead and nobody really cared for the second half. It was a good run for the new Belmont this year and it's too bad we played our worst football in the 2 most important games.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to Yomama, Watcher and the NK lads. The train finally went somewhere! Unbelievable. Good luck in the Provincial B Cup to NK, Signmaster and Royal as well.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to NK (Watcher, Yomama, Erion, etc).... the little train that could!! Out first round loss doesn't look as bad now when it was to the cup champs!! Of course I still think we'd kick your ass in a rematch!! Good luck to all vmsl teams in the provincials. Did somebody say NK for the double?!?

Mick

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The little train that was almost derailed in the round of 32 by a managerial oversight(Nico) has finally reached the station! It takes a dedicated team effort to make it through 6 games and the results speak for themselves, well done.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks to the JB boys for your kind words. I'm sure we'll hook up in the pre-season again this year. We should tie it in with a barbie like gentlemen though. Tournaments are tough and NK is willing to do what it takes to put ourselves in position to challenge for the Keith Millar. That being said, we are allowed to sign some players, but they must be willing to train twice a week for the month of May. If anybody out there knows of someone or you are someone who can help, is willing, and is available drop me a line. You can find The Watcher through the VMSL directory.

CHOOO....................CHOOOOOO................hop aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watchers into barbies?? Bondage barbies no less!! Have you got the neon pink motorhome too to house your collection. No wonder you and Bones get along so well, with his collection of Ken dolls you guys can have hours of fun!!

Training twice a week?!? Have you ever trained twice a week in your life?? I'd join you but don't know if you'd have a jersey large enough to cover my girth.... other than Watchers of course :D

Keep Bones and I posted on your numbers and we'll see if we can help you fill any voids. Good luck in the Miller Cup!!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Adding bodies for a B Cup run? Is this because your regulars are unavailable or because you want to take a better team? Let's hope the former...

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The latter..................In fact we are contemplating stealing one of yours. So you better be nice or we just might not give him back after. You got it! Seriously, five games in three days is alot for recreational adults, so extra bodies are a must, and why not take the best available, as far as skill and cohesiveness is concerned. But don't worry Bandcamp, your safe .Have a good lazy summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0