Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL DIV 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rather than analysing every kick and the 'what ifs' in our games against Norvan, GN and Campo to say who should or shouldn't have deserved to go up.... you finish where you finish and GN were clearly the better team over 22 games. Congrats, well done and good luck.

See you all next season (unless I'm summoned into court to give evidence in the Soccer Coach vs TTP case first)

I think you could get called up for jury duty
As this would be equivalent of the
OJ Simpson trial

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs,
We are all coming here to have some banter and fun. I understand that other clubs are having some sour grapes over results, elimination from cups, and players leaving their clubs/teams. As the person responsible for the forum can you kindly do something about it?
The previous posts are libel. My understanding is that you are responsible for this site. Can you kindly remove the posts?
I really do not want to that we end up in courts over this.

This. No words. Wow.

But the man and his little club have no funds.

Ok.

Not that I'd like to see Regs in court defending TTP, but could you imagine the scene? Trying to explain to a judge and impress upon him what TTP is all about and means?

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, what an epic twist to end the Div 2A tale. I think most of us had expected things to finish in anti-climatic fashion with Campo coasting to the title, but here we are with GN crowned champions. Congratulations to them on a very consistent season and a well-deserved trip to Division 1.

I suppose the question is if @Soccer Coach hadn't been antagonizing everyone all season would things have ended up this way? Did his own attempt to be the best little Jose Mourinho he could be backfire and put a target on Campo's back? Would Norvan have otherwise shown up to fight tooth and nail in an otherwise meaningless game for them, just to stop Campo from taking the title?

I don't have a video to sum this up, but I do have the acutely fitting and eloquent words of this soon to be English legend:

CQ5vQ3vWoAAjy-X.png

Macho Man

Oct 25, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's fair to say Soccer Coach directly cost his team the title with his online rants, he gave NorVan that extra 10% needed to see off his moneyed band of Latinos

Awful to see such a talented team hampered by appalling management, hopefully the players band together and demand a change

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to @Soccer Coach for garnering the most heat of anyone on this forum. Regardless of whether Campo wins titles or not, he's got most of you wrapped around his little finger. Amusing to watch how easy it is for him to get under so many people's skin.

Frankly, he's wasting his time toying with the emotions of you lot; clearly he should be working for Vince McMahon and be getting paid for his efforts.

True Lies

Nov 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN, Norvan, Campo, Strikers, all better than Rino's....Maybe more than two teams need to go up. Hopefully GN stays up a little longer this time.

Well done Soccer Coach for doubling the traffic to TTP.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to @Soccer Coach for garnering the most heat of anyone on this forum. Regardless of whether Campo wins titles or not, he's got most of you wrapped around his little finger. Amusing to watch how easy it is for him to get under so many people's skin.

Frankly, he's wasting his time toying with the emotions of you lot; clearly he should be working for Vince McMahon and be getting paid for his efforts.

There is a certain amount of truth to this, but in TTP's heyday, managers, and by extension, the players, were less cowardly about TTP. You truly recognized the power TTP had in the local men's soccer community when our coaches started trying to police us on how / when to use TTP. You could even argue the advancement of Men's football in general was set back 10 years because of the existence of TTP, and the debate that raged on it after the press release of the proposed combined Premier League. The resulting kibosh of that proposal- spearheaded by a couple of prominent TTPers- was true recognition that TTP had become the go-to source for the latest information and gossip in local Men's amateur footy.

So, B&WA, you are right, he's definitely winding guys up (me included), but he isn't the first, not by far. The last? Well, who knows. As more and more managers take the chicken shite route and ban their players from TTP, well, you see the results of that. The forum becomes less relevant without players posting, and less fun, then when it finally gets fun again, you have an asshole who threatens litigation on TTP's Webmaster for libel. We've seen this act before (This is deja-vue from the FVSL threads years ago), and it is not just cowardly, but a total buzz kill for everyone. I'm sure Regs is wondering if it's time to put a toe tag on TTP, and I wouldn't blame him. But think about what that would do? It would send us back into the dark ages of banter, communication, and exchange of information surrounding the men's game around here. Something would pop up to fill a gap, but it would never be the same, as big, as extensive, or as good.

So, @Soccer Coach, if you were wondering where the line was on a site called "Take The Piss", I think you found it, and long-jumped right over it.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Definitely got under my skin but that doesn't take away from him being a piece of s**t. Hahahaha

I'm sure his players and possibly himself wish he didn't get under Norvan's skin either, gave them that extra 5% push

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I appreciate all of our kind comments.
Since I am quite in the inside of how the team worked, trained, and came together; I can shed some light on the season.
1) The first thing to say is that I do not believe in getting things that you do not deserve. If I ask to myself, over the season do we deserved to win the league. The answer is no. During the first 6-8 games, we did not deserve to get promotion, nor we were playing at level of a team that deserved promotion.

2) We did not beat GN in our second game; at do not beating GN means that you do not deserve to win the league. It is as simple as that.

3) It was until after the GN game, that the team started to function in the way that I wanted or envisioned. It helped to have two strikers that could finish in front of the net. Trust me, it is frustrating for a coach and players at the back to generate play just to squandered it in front of the net. However, whe we managed to fix this it was too late.

4) As for the issue of did antagonizing people here did it help or did not. For me it did help the team and also the soccer community. More fierce games make better players and teams. The mental aspect of the game is huge. If as a team and player you are not used to deal with teams that are playing their best, then sooner or later you will be paying for it. If not this season, then in the next.
Tough competition is a must for you to grow as a player, team, and coach too. Only when you have beaten teams playing at their best at Cup and League games, it is that you can truly be proud to say. Yes, I do deserve this because everyone played against us at their best.
The issue is that sooner or later you are going to lose. This is inevitable.

5) I would tend to think that GN feels better having to battled, suffered and agonized until the last minute than winning it confortable three games towards the end of the season. They can be more proud of this. At least, this is the way I do see things. I feel more proud if I win against difficult opponents than easy ones.

6) It really would not take me long to have gained popularity here. Two or three comments to stroke the ego of people and another two or three to agree with their views, and then you would be fine. But would this make us think, consider other points of view, reflect, make us face our uncousious, amuse us? Would it make us improve our teams and clubs? I do not think so. Only by debate and to some degree controversy, we have the impetus for improvement.

The comments of Soccer Coach have a common theme. He does not understand no one around him, and no one understands him. He is trying to question the reality of others and his own reality as well.

In any case, I need a bit of a break during the summer.
Loo forward to another exciting next season. Good luck to GN in division 1. Look forward to another season with Norvan and hopefully other good teams.

I know that many of you are not religious. However, for me, God put you on path or a journey for a reason. Whatever it is, you just take it and make the best of out of it. You enjoy it with all the limitations, problems and challenges, and also you appreciate the good things that come with it. We meant to win the Cup, but we were not meant to win the league, and will try to make the most out of it.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor is Campo paid to have linesmen there.
They asked us to have lines men and we refused to gave them. Guess they begged the league to have them. We were asked as well later by the league and we said no. Guess who must run the league now. When the Linesmen came to us to get paid we td them to go get stuffed we weren't paying them. They got paid by campo. Maybe that's why Giancarlo was crying so much...through the handshakes and still 20 minutes later as he walked past us leaving the field. Besides having to pay the players he picked up he had to pay the lines men too. shite we thought he was paying the ref too. Lol

Phil lennox

Jan 18, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is very true that the main reason Norvan even showed up was because of soccer coach, otherwise we prob wouldn't of bothered the whole team had other engagements, a game the next day in multicultural prem and were generally not bothered, until we knew it would deny him the title. Then we went as hard as we could. I have to say one thing though, he has made this thread very interesting, I think the banter on here is great, unfortunately he doesn't do banter. It's all too many facts and videos. Look forward to next season, maybe he can up his banter and lower the bullshit meter.

18to18

Oct 28, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
They asked us to have lines men and we refused to gave them. Guess they begged the league to have them. We were asked as well later by the league and we said no. Guess who must run the league now. When the Linesmen came to us to get paid we td them to go get stuffed we weren't paying them. They got paid by campo. Maybe that's why Giancarlo was crying so much...through the handshakes and still 20 minutes later as he walked past us leaving the field. Besides having to pay the players he picked up he had to pay the lines men too. shite we thought he was paying the ref too. Lol

Who is Giancarlo? Soccer Coach?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Tanoa won their first relegation survival match vs Richmond 4-1

So Richmond goes down to Div 3 now, correct?

April 23rd America vs Tanoa to stay up - wish the VMSL would promote these matches a bit better rather than just sticking on a weekly schedule page :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0