Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Div 2] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
best player MYB is photo 34 and 35: Vancouver International Soccer Festival

Based on those pictures it defiantly looks like the player who I saw play today, I guess the question would be is that in fact the player who was suspended and does he match the photo on the suspended card. I'm sure UBC would be wanting Temple to protest as it puts them in a better position after losing to MYB should they be deducted points.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's definitely the same player who was out there today- someone from UBC or the ref that sent him off would have to see the photos as well, though, to affirm that he was out there last week, as well. I'm not sure what the league protocol in these situations is.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGRangers 2 - 3 Green Devils

Great day for footie. GD's dominated us in the first half and their hustle and work rate pay off as a drive outside the area is parried by our keeper but right into the path of the other striker for an open netter. Their second goal, from their talented big man up front, was as route one as it gets as he took the ball from just inside our half, outpaced two defenders and slotted the ball by the keeper. We had a chance to go into the half down by one but our player shot the ball at the keep when put through one on one.

They go up 3 - bagel about 15 into the second half. A cross from the left found their other striker and he volleyed it into the net with his left. A nice finish but the guy who crossed the ball was offside. Our player who shot the ball at the keep in the first made amends and scored the second time he was put through. We score with basically the last kick of the game with a rocket from about 25yards.

We'll be hungry for a win next week.

milkboy

Jan 22, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the player who got the red card in the UBC/MYB game undoubtably... He had gay ass corn rows a couple weeks ago. He is by far not the best player in div 2, Saudis don't drink and we played them at 12pm on a Sat... Half our team was still drunk. We will play them at 6pm on a Sat in the winter cold and see how well he dangles.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the player who got the red card in the UBC/MYB game undoubtably... He had gay ass corn rows a couple weeks ago. He is by far not the best player in div 2, Saudis don't drink and we played them at 12pm on a Sat... Half our team was still drunk. We will play them at 6pm on a Sat in the winter cold and see how well he dangles.
Does anyone from Temple post on here? Seems like there are a few people who would support a protest by them.

ALL_BALL

Sep 26, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
MYB Panthers 4 - Temple 0

Like freestyler mentioned previously, the score does not reflect how the game actually went. First half was pretty even but Panthers had the lead by a goal on a defensive error by Temple mid way thru the 1st half. Temple had the better chances in the half ( hitting the crossbar, 2 break away missed chances). 2nd half, Temple missed a absolute sitter on the 6 yrd box. Panthers got the insurance goal midway thru the 2nd half. Then Temple starting pushing and they countered with 2 more goals in the last 1o mins.

Side Notes -
-Game time was at noon on Saturday - No nets were setup for warmup for both teams by home the team (MYB Panthers) until 1 minute before kickoff.
-MYB Players showing up right at game time. 3 players playing with there training pants (No Shorts)
- Beautiful sunny day (22°c ) Guys wearing under armour, and the first time I saw most of the team wearing leg warmup sleeves when they play.

The player that received a red card last week on the Panthers did play this week, He actually scored 2 goals for the team. Temple did ask the ref to check his player card after the game, The suspended guy has long hair, in a pony tail. The ID being used for him in that game from what I understand was a picture from one of the players when they were a kid. Not a recent picture, so the ref told Temple just to take it up to the league. People watching the game were actually present when he was sent off last week and were 100% SURE it is the same player playing this week. I guess we will wait and see what happens with that ruling.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Card discussion

There may well be a chance for a protest. A few things to consider. If the referee who issued the red card did in fact fail to keep the "corn row" offender's card then it would be debatable if the league will not just own up to an error, apologize and just begin the suspension next week.

As we know most refs dont keep the cards dring the match so sometimes fail to collect the offenders card post match and then it becomes the responsibility of the player to turn in his card........quite often the request for the card does not come in until the following week but this is usually the case on accumulated yellow cards not red cards.

Based on the assumptions and the red card was in fact the player in question then I would say register a protest.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Card discussion

There may well be a chance for a protest. A few things to consider. If the referee who issued the red card did in fact fail to keep the "corn row" offender's card then it would be debatable if the league will not just own up to an error, apologize and just begin the suspension next week.

As we know most refs dont keep the cards dring the match so sometimes fail to collect the offenders card post match and then it becomes the responsibility of the player to turn in his card........quite often the request for the card does not come in until the following week but this is usually the case on accumulated yellow cards not red cards.

Based on the assumptions and the red card was in fact the player in question then I would say register a protest.

I would think that regardless of whether the ref kept the card or not and as long as the red is reported and the suspension is posted on the league website then the suspension would be in effect. Don't they have suspension hearings on Thurday nights for that very reason to dtermine the length of the suspension of all red carded players and they are to take effect that weekend.

I beleive the yellow card situation you described is more accurate as sometimes the league itself fails to realize or inform the offender that he is suspended for the upcoming game which is why it gets delayed to the following week.

Could be wrong on all of this, but the red card situation seems logical, you get a red and its reported you are suspended for the following week regardless, especially if the league has gone as far to post the suspension.

Should be an interesting outcome.

While the Panthers were a talented team as All_Ball and milkboy mentioned MYB has some issues and I believe as well that they will struggle come the poor weather and when they have to travel. I'm sure the game must have started 20 minutes late due to their delays while waiting for players and putting up the nets. I cant see all of their players turning up or being as free flowing in the cold and rain. Especially if some teams get physical with them and they get all soaked from a few knocks to the ground.

Delays such as the ones by the Panthers on the day should be reported to the league and the team fined.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on Bombastic-Polonia? Interesting result given both teams start to the season.
I didn't realize the Poles still had a team........probably because they are not relevant .:wa:
The Roos finally got a 4 zip win over the Norvan tigers. The game was fair and easy, the Latino Ref. was the shits.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe a protest has been filed with regards to red carded player of MYB that played on the weekend. If that was indeed the player sent off the weekend previously, there is no disputing the photo evidence. There were pictures taken of the player in question on the pitch this Saturday as well. It is in the leagues hands at this point.......

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe a protest has been filed with regards to red carded player of MYB that played on the weekend. If that was indeed the player sent off the weekend previously, there is no disputing the photo evidence. There were pictures taken of the player in question on the pitch this Saturday as well. It is in the leagues hands at this point.......
It should be a pretty straightforward situation if the league compares the photos from Saturday with the player's card, or shows them to UBC representatives and/or the referee from the UBC game.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It should be a pretty straightforward situation if the league compares the photos from Saturday with the player's card, or shows them to UBC representatives and/or the referee from the UBC game.

I guess it will come down to a question of standard of proof and what evidence the league is willing to hear. Will the league only accept photo evidence and/or will they accept testimony from representatives of respective clubs in the division who observed the game and can support that an infraction has occured. It seems like there are a few people who are willing to ensure that justice is done in respect to this blatant violation.

farbod

Sep 29, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC Metro start to the season has been shaky, callin them fvsl maybe an exaggeration but they do definietely need a new set of forwards/strikers. Apparently the striker they have, runs the team, and also coaches, and plays for them too...

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the way the new realignment has made Div.2 more competitive. In 2C, we saw two last place teams(although early in the season) beat first place teams. Also saw Polonia lose convincingly and other mild upsets too.

Some of us were at NAP for the first weekend of the Prem season. It would be cool if the others divisions did the same one day. It was a good time for sure!

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish 1
GN 0

I might be wrong but wasnt GN one of the favorites to go back up to Division 1?

Yes, but Squamish is a good team. With the exception of a couple of teams, there's a lot of parity in Division 2 this year. Much more competitive and better soccer than in the past.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the exception of a couple of teams, there's a lot of parity in Division 2 this year. Much more competitive and better soccer than in the past.
That's definitely the case in 2B. The Bombastic result from last week showed that teams are going to take points off one another up and down the table, probably until the end. MYB have had a flying start on turf, but their game at Meralomas this weekend will be a different sort of test. And there is still no word on what, if anything, the league is going to do about the suspended player situation from last week. In any case, it'll be an exciting season.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's definitely the case in 2B. The Bombastic result from last week showed that teams are going to take points off one another up and down the table, probably until the end. MYB have had a flying start on turf, but their game at Meralomas this weekend will be a different sort of test. And there is still no word on what, if anything, the league is going to do about the suspended player situation from last week. In any case, it'll be an exciting season.

Hopefully we can give them a game, although we will be lucky to have a full squad and may have to borrow players from our O 35's. We have been very depleted with absences and injuries to start this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0