Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [VMSL Div 3] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you referring to Campo libre?
That's fine, the rest of the group can take the points and use it.

I guess the point is that they might not just give up the points to everyone. With their strongest lineup they can obviously compete, but the rest of you don't know what to expect from week to week. Maybe they will play their strongest lineup against Royal City, but allow their weaker players to start against Westside in order to "teach and guide them in certain aspects of the game"

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the point is that they might not just give up the points to everyone. With their strongest lineup they can obviously compete, but the rest of you don't know what to expect from week to week. Maybe they will play their strongest lineup against Royal City, but allow their weaker players to start against Westside in order to "teach and guide them in certain aspects of the game"
they played royal city and lost 7-3 but they play westside twice in round 2.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big game again this Sunday, division decider Royal city vs Westside, last time it was 2-1 to royal city at home, its Round 2.

Last time it was Week 1 and I would expect a better performance from Westside based on the fact that they have not lost a game since. Royal City has been very strong as well with only the one loss early doors, but most of their goal scoring seems to come from just two players (though I'm not sure how reliably the goal scorers in Div 3 are being reported...).

Goal difference may tell the story in this one as, while both teams are free scoring, Westside has only conceded 5 goals all season and only 2 in their last 6 games. Meanwhile Royal City averages 2 GA per game and have yet to keep a clean sheet.

Matches like this though, you can usually throw the stats out the window, neither side will need to be motivated; it's all about who brings it on match day.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with @Canucks4Ever that stats don't matter at games like this. Its going to be decided between who is more determined to win the game. Its going to be the most important game of the season for both teams.

@Canucks4Ever which westside team do you play for premier or Div.3 team?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course, it will never make sense to you, as it never made sense to you how we scored 3 goals in your net in Provincial Cup Final that you left moping. We do not see players as "weaker" . We just see them as players. I know that you will never understand this.

It really takes time to learn the specific way in which we are trying to play the game. This team is not there yet. It will take us another season or perhaps two before we can challenge a move to division 2. The other teams are better at this moment and more deserving to be in division 2. It is just the way it is. There is no point in moving to division 2, when you are not ready. PCOV Europa is the perfect example. They are completely destroyed every week in Division 2.

At this moment, Royal City is the most deserving team to move up from what I have seen. However, Westside has a more experienced management and coaching. They should be able to survive division 2. I am not sure if Royal City will be able to survive Division 2.

So far the games in this division have been very pleasant. All teams are quite nice to play with and have positive attitudes.

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
this may NOT be a breaking news for most of you as VMSL already emailed the division members, BURNABY selects decided to drop the towel and fold.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
With 0 goals scored this season and 3 forfeits in 10 games, one would think GFC Lions are not far behind?

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
With 0 goals scored this season and 3 forfeits in 10 games, one would think GFC Lions are not far behind?
probably not, sucks that it messes up the game schedules for other teams and if you don't think you can compete at a Div3 level then go to CAT div.
i would assume that the burnaby selects schedule would go to a BYE week for the 2nd round instead of a forfeit? since the league took their schedule off too

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, all BBY Selects results have already been removed from the standings, and the teams in that division have BYE in the 2nd half of the season.

NucksNation

Sep 14, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great result for Royal City, any game report?

Its unfortunate to see teams dropping out in the middle of the season.
From what I know, it was an end to end game, both teams were going at it with neither backing down although, Westside had some good moments and better pressure but very good defending by royal city and royal city made their chances count, Westside switched to their 3 CB in 2bd half and 5mids which worked for them. It was pouring rain too.

clem

Sep 8, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi guys ! Game report from France FC 2 - 2 America FC

It was a tough game against a good team, I didn't see the 20 first minutes of the game so I will tell from what I heard.
First we had a lot a injuries and people not available in our first team players (our keeper, 1 defender, 1 left forward and 1 striker)
With no real pressure from America, France FC has the possession and dominated mid field in most of the fist half. We scored fast on 1 corner and later on with a header that concluded a good movement. America came back in the game at the end of the first half on a second ball after a corner.
The second half was completely different, America came back with a big pressure high on the field, they dominated the mid field for most of the second half. We played more defensively and try to score by counter attacks and any free kicks we had. America scored again in the middle of the first half on a bad clearance from our defender and a bit of chance. We touched a pole and they had 1 disallowed goal on a direct corner (it's been a while I didn't see that by the way), one of their player put our keeper down so it was definitely justified.

A draw is fair for both team even If I think we had more chance to win that game than they had. It was a a balanced game, first half for us and second half for them.

Otherwise we are keep going with 5 games without any defeat, 2 draws and 3 wins :)

Next game Celtic, we look forward to play against them and try to come back at the top of the mid table.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
probably not, sucks that it messes up the game schedules for other teams and if you don't think you can compete at a Div3 level then go to CAT div.
i would assume that the burnaby selects schedule would go to a BYE week for the 2nd round instead of a forfeit? since the league took their schedule off too
I found personally that CAT was more competitive than DIV 3, that may not be the wisest decision if a club finds DIV3 too challenging.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
America 0 - Campo Libre 2
This results pretty much puts America out of the contention for promotion.
This time the team played to defend since last time they outplayed us quite decisively.
We just a conservative and cautious approach. Having said this, America did not create serious threats and our counterattacks were quite dangerous. The first goal game out of a corner kick to the far post.

This goal changed the game as it became quite open. America had to push up and wide to try to create danger. However, they did not manage to circulate the ball well and would lose it in their build ups. This left us with quite a few 1 v 1 with the keeper. One save was particularly good. Eventually, the goal was going to happen. In one counter attack their defender got beaten and when our player was going to kick the ball into the net; he got fouled. A clear penalty.

Our player converted the penalty kick to get a well deserved win.

As usual, America's coach got quite excited and the referee had to talk to him to calm things down.
I do feel bad that we spoiled their promotion as I can see that the couple that runs the team puts a lot of effort into it and this team should be in Division 2.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
America 0 - Campo Libre 2
This results pretty much puts America out of the contention for promotion.
This time the team played to defend since last time they outplayed us quite decisively.
We just a conservative and cautious approach. Having said this, America did not create serious threats and our counterattacks were quite dangerous. The first goal game out of a corner kick to the far post.

This goal changed the game as it became quite open. America had to push up and wide to try to create danger. However, they did not manage to circulate the ball well and would lose it in their build ups. This left us with quite a few 1 v 1 with the keeper. One save was particularly good. Eventually, the goal was going to happen. In one counter attack their defender got beaten and when our player was going to kick the ball into the net; he got fouled. A clear penalty.

Our player converted the penalty kick to get a well deserved win.

As usual, America's coach got quite excited and the referee had to talk to him to calm things down.
I do feel bad that we spoiled their promotion as I can see that the couple that runs the team puts a lot of effort into it and this team should be in Division 2.
How exactly does a team who is one point out of a first place tie, lose the chance at promotion in December? I get that every game is crucial, but did you get your education in Ethiopia?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Campo Libre 0 - VAFC Celtic 1
It was nice to see our friend @trece verde at the field. I am curious to see his version of events.

Something has happened to his team, because in my opinion this was a weaker version of the team that we played in the first round.
I would tend to venture into saying that we kept possession and generated most of the chances for most of the game, but trece's boys put a very solid defensive performance.

They scored in the counter attack. Two of our players did not communicate well and essentially stopped the attack as they both thought that the other was going to get the ball. Their midfielder quickly got the ball and did a good transition into attack and played the ball superbly to the forward who beat the last defender on the run and then managed to anticipate the approaching keeper. A very clever finish by the forward.

There were some segments of the game that VAFC dominated and had a few shots here and there, but Campo played a bit better. It was just not a good day for our forwards. Not to much to argue with the final result. At the end their forward converted and ours did not, so it does not matter how much possession we kept or how many shots we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0