Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results and Banter 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftwing13

Oct 23, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
We could release a celebratory Div2 champions t-shirt. A snip at $75... HIPSTERS WIN!

A much stronger and more organised second half to the season where we beat everyone, conceding 1 goal - personally, I'm delighted. Hoping that we can beat Meralomas at the weekend so that we 'win' the league, rather than the Dasmesh loss being important. 9 consecutive wins has a nice ring to it.

Don't turn into AC Campobasso and think you were sent to Earth from the Soccer Gods because you won Div2. Keep your feet on the ground.

Congrats on the promotion.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess a case of beer isn't too much to ask for Jack?

A pallet perhaps?

We couldn't let them go 9 for 9 for the second half of the season! They brought the pressure in the second half and came close to getting the equalizer a few times. Our back line was solid :D

Congrats to them on the promotion.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well deserving promotion considering they put together a string of 8 wins in a row. Good luck up in div. 1.

This division was pretty well balanced this year and probably the toughest div top to bottom I've been a part of. Lot's of tight games and hard to predict from week to week.

NO2 I will say that I think your boys were our hardest opponents by far and I thought the way you guys started you would win the div. But Gastown put it together when it mattered most and they beat every team.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think Gastown should have an asterisk in their promotion run for their 1-game ringer. They might have got the same result without him, but now we'll never know.

whyFC

Feb 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
A pallet perhaps?

We couldn't let them go 9 for 9 for the second half of the season! They brought the pressure in the second half and came close to getting the equalizer a few times. Our back line was solid :D

Congrats to them on the promotion.

Thanks! Yeah that game was frustrating! Over the years I've seen my share of bizarre VMSL reffing performances and that guy from Wednesday earned his spot in the top 10 for sure. Probably the weakest, least confident ref I've ever seen. He took verbal abuse from both sides for 80 minutes before finally responding to it and was generally not very good for both teams. His best trait was a baffling ability to stare blankly at the horizon while GFC's striker was brought down in the box twice within 10 minutes. Meraloma could've had a peno later on as well, no dice. Oh well, felt it could've gone our way easily enough had the lads finished some good chances. Cheers to Lomas, always gave YFC a hard time and this year GFC definitely had to dig to win the first match, couldn't get'er done the second time.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over the years I've seen my share of bizarre VMSL reffing performances and that guy from Wednesday earned his spot in the top 10 for sure. Probably the weakest, least confident ref I've ever seen. He took verbal abuse from both sides for 80 minutes before finally responding to it and was generally not very good for both teams. His best trait was a baffling ability to stare blankly at the horizon while GFC's striker was brought down in the box twice within 10 minutes.

Who was it? You guys should submit a ref report if he was that bad...

whyFC

Feb 6, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was it? You guys should submit a ref report if he was that bad...

First time I've seen him, probably late 30s to 40s, dark hair, Italian/Greek looking dude afraid of his own shadow.

Submitting a report seems pointless no? It was a nothing game and I question the effectiveness of referee reports given that all the assholes over the years are still reffing every weekend. They must not accomplish much. If we were ever going to submit a referee report this season it would've been against this Russian-sounding ref we had for our match with Green Devils a few weeks back who was downright hostile for no good reason. It began when we were going over our cards pre-match and one of them was out of order with the team sheet. He was ready to **** us up right there and that attitude continued throughout the match, he eventually got to flex his ref boner and sent off our keeper for making a fine save. Post-match, as I calmly asked him about some of the incidents during the game he continually shushed me like one might a dog, lovely fellow!

Or the guy that told our captain during the game (after calmly approaching to ask a question) to get away from him, threatening him with an exposed red card that he held like a gun by his hip. Post-match while our captain wanted an explanation for the ref's bizarre behaviour he cut him off and asked "where are you from?".... "England".... "well you're in Canada now." and walked off.

Ah VMSL refs, gotta love em.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't worry about Harps or Roos, word on the street is that Hurricanes are advancing.
Anyone knows what happened MYB-Polonia?

:wa:Hello Friends....as a famous lawyer once said: If the glove don't fit...you must acquit.
We are ready for the Euro Tornadoes on Friday, music, fine young ladies and beverages will be available upon request.
Hopefully we get to show the Euros how shite is done in 2A....bring helmets.
Thanx for all the support during the last few weeks, it was emotional.:wa: ... 2 Dancing Banana emotional.
Good luck to Port Moody for next year.

Reactions: 025
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0