Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter December, 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm... Knights average age ....36....
NK average age ... 26....

Credit to NK of for their play. Knight for not giving up... good battles, we're just getting old. Maybe we need some younguns....

... however, by staying late... I did discover, we still drink better beer!!!! eh, Watcher?

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well another installment in the seemingly endless battle between The Knights and NK. The Train has somehow always found a way to get one or all the points against the Knights, sometimes defying the odds, but The Watcher senses that the these sessions have taken on a distinct onesidedness. Had a couple of cold ones with Number2 after the game and it turns out we are the same age. God help me. And him. On to some more old heated rivalries. As The Watcher calibrates his scope who is that he sees in the line of fire?...................... The therapist....... Shoot first ask questions later!!!!!!!!

PS....... Thanks for the beer.

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos2 Punjabs 6
We played with only 10 guys for most of the game. We were winning 2:1 up until 55minutes into the game. Lost the game in typical Roo fashion after we ran out of gas.
The Puns are the team to beat, and it will be an honour to finish second behind them at the end of the season.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yaletown 1 - Sandzak 0

Well since oggy is out of the country, I'll do the match report. Score wasn't indicative of the run of play, as about 80% was in the sandzak half of the field. We missed a number of excellent chances to score and the final tally could have been much more lopsided. If we don't sort out some of our scoring woes we might have some trouble come cup time.

Sandzak put in a good effort, but they appeared to be frustrated by their lack of quality scoring chances and the game got pretty chippy towards the end. As usual, there was some 'encouragement' from the sidelines but nothing much came of it.

On the plus side, the ref called a quality game and *gasp* nobody was sent off in this game. It seemed almost friendly in comparison to our last few matches.

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos said:
The Puns are the team to beat, and it will be an honour to finish second behind them at the end of the season.
you gotta lay off the monday morning 'shrooms, it's not good for your game. ;)

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos it will be an honour to finish second behind them at the end of the season.[/QUOTE said:
Spoken like a true b*tch....maybe you should ask them if you can all hold hands and cross the finish line together.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 1 NK Hrvat 4

Well had we scored first on a couple of our early chances this would have been a different game. In true knights form we chit the bed and give up a free kick up just outside our 18 with 15 to go in the first and they promptly slot it home with a nice rederection from Dr. J . They score another just before half to go up 2-0 and that I think was the end. We had some spurts in the second but they dominated taking chances at will as our lads were spent having only 1 sub (our backup keeper) compared to their 18 plus team memebers. Good hard fought game from both sides some questionable calls both ways but thats' div 2 soccer. Would have been nice to have had a few fresh legs for sub purposes it might have helped but full marks to the train ..... good game

hopefully we see you in cup ,

cheers the rattler

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know if Erion was playing in the Bombastic game for the ,surprisingly now, forth place Kosovo.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher,

I believe Erion is in Europe 'til the new year. At least that's what my psychic dog Poohface tells me. And Poohface is never wrong.

Speaking of the Watcher, I managed to catch a bit of the NKH/Westside game on Sunday. NK looked allright I must say. Westside had some moments but, honestly guys, it's time to get some younger legs out there. Even rhubarb crisp laced with ephedrine, steroids and ultra-gingko biloba wouldn't be enough. Anyway, in the short time I was there I saw the Crotch-Watcher fire in into the goalkeeper's belly from five yards out , then head a corner juuuust wide. Who would have thought, the Watcher not finishing his dinner! By the looks of him he obviously doesn't miss too many meals. Oh by the way, hi Danny, good game out there.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
has dap got no love for FCbytca????!!!! I was so bloody cold out there, standing seeing one shot for every 20 mins......I thought I saw you on the sideline there, its nice to see you come out and see the champs at their mediocer :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers FCBytca, good, mediocre game out there. I even saw you have to make a save or two. One off a free kick by the Texas Spatula I think. Man, you get cold wearing those big gloves and that jersey? You need to put on some bodyfat. Apparently the Socceroos could help out with that.

Socceroos said:
it will be an honour finish second behind them .

Speaking of Socceroos, they only time he has ever finished second is that one time where his partner was thinking of someone else and accidentally had an orgasm before he did.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the free kick u talking about went over the bar, i just dove backwards to make sure i wuz stretched hehe... i don't think i had to make a single save in that game, they had couple of decent oportunities, one in the first half where they hit the post of my head from like a yard out and second half the one where the guy missed net completely from the cross and had a wide open net......the goal wuz just a defensive mess up.....should have never happened

undefeated

Dec 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK ---- JB Preview

JB popping off that they will take care of the train. Come on!!!!!! do you really think so. look at the games we've played adn the asses we kicked. yours is just another stop for the train destined to Div 1.

I expect a good game fron JB, will still beat them 2-0

keep watching boys, the undefeated season continues.

'Rza' Ruddock

Aug 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
watcher said:
Does anyone know if Erion was playing in the Bombastic game for the ,surprisingly now, forth place Kosovo.

Congrats to Bombastic on their win over Kosova. There has been talk all season about how Kosova are the only team that can rival SPH at the top of Div 2C. We (YFC) have beaten Kosova twice this season and now Bombastic have beaten them as well. Kosova have been beating the bottom teams 6-0 all season but choke when when they occasionally play a top team and have yet to play SPH at all yet. That said, Kosova's current fourth place standing in Div 2C isn't a huge suprise at all.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE='Rza' Ruddock]Congrats to Bombastic on their win over Kosova. There has been talk all season about how Kosova are the only team that can rival SPH at the top of Div 2C. We (YFC) have beaten Kosova twice this season and now Bombastic have beaten them as well. Kosova have been beating the bottom teams 6-0 all season but choke when when they occasionally play a top team and have yet to play SPH at all yet. That said, Kosova's current fourth place standing in Div 2C isn't a huge suprise at all.[/QUOTE]

Does this remind you of any other team in the last 5 years??? NK? Choo choo?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
undefeated said:
JB popping off that they will take care of the train. Come on!!!!!!
I'm sorry but I have read through all the posts in this thread and the only thing popping is your ears with your head up in the clouds like it is. Not sure if your new to NK or just new to TTP but our teams have had a few seasons worth of matches and the difference between the teams is not as great as your delusions may have led you to believe. The level of smack-talk coming from your camp and more specifically, you is 3/4's past tired and is only making the bulls eye and your plate of crow-pie bigger.
Looking forward to our match and better yet, you posting with a new name.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't recall the JB's popping off about anything except for maybe Mickster popping off in the bathroom over his Corey Hart poster. Realistically speaking, and no offense, the NK boys better come down to earth just a little bit if they want to keep the streak going. Up until a year or so ago the JB's sexually-assualted (politically correct term) NKH on a consistent basis. The JB's are a strong, experienced side and let's just say they're not exactly small. Easily one of the biggest Division 2 sides around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0